Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104
Results 2,061 to 2,075 of 2075

Thread: The Official Houston Texans @ New York Jets MNF Gameday Thread (Oct. 8, 2012 8:30PM)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    something about the way he steps into a throw lowers his body making him even shorter - some analyst somewhere diagrammed it
    I just said that on the last page. He steps very long into his throws which lowers his delivery point more than someone of the same height with a shorter passing base.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Totally agree. Effects his accuracy and consistancy, because he has trouble duplicating his release point.
    Retaining Cavanaugh really helped, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm pleased. They played hard tonight which is all you can ask from a team with two major injuries and a struggling QB.

Its all you can ask.
    Agreed. The despised "moral" victory, but considering the circumstances, the staff restored my faith for another couple of weeks.

The defense rose to the situation against a high-powered offense and Sanchez was able to demonstrate some competence with a Frankenstein offense in a high pressure situation.

The offensive play calling left something to be desired. Ill timed QB switches, calling complex trick plays with inexperienced players was really confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Sanchez: a whopping 45% tonight, but that's not why we lost. Gotcha.
    That's right. Tebow completes less than 50 percent and he's not a real qb, Mark does the same thing and it's not his fault.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Totally agree. Effects his accuracy and consistancy, because he has trouble duplicating his release point.
    Yup, that pretty much sums it up.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Hopefully it can be fixed even in his presence. Sparano has to see it.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Yep, that was a head scratcher to say the least.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    That's right. Tebow completes less than 50 percent and he's not a real qb, Mark does the same thing and it's not his fault.

The winning QB only completed 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    The winning QB only completed 50%.
    You mean the one who came into the game with a 67% percentage?

I wouldn't be complaining if it was one game ace.

I would much rather see tebow get a drive then just one play. He gets 1 yard and puts Sanchez in a bad position. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    The good to come out of this, Cromartie can handle number ones. Maybe an old number one, but he did the job.
    I was impressed with Damon Harrison as well

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    I would much rather see tebow get a drive then just one play. He gets 1 yard and puts Sanchez in a bad position. IMO
    I agree. If your gonna use tebow at all (and we shouldn't), put him in for a series. Putting him on 2nd down and looinsg 3 yards, to make it 3rd and 12 for Sanchez is not helping anyone.

Jets Insider VIP

You're the one complaining that Tebow isn't considered a real QB because he has a horrible completion percentage. I pointed out that it's possible for a real QB to win and have one. I kind of made your point for you, champ.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I just said that on the last page. He steps very long into his throws which lowers his delivery point more than someone of the same height with a shorter passing base.
    thanks for the better explanation. it's hard to keep up with all the posts. (I guess you were the some analyst somewhere )

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    I agree. If your gonna use tebow at all (and we shouldn't), put him in for a series. Putting him on 2nd down and looinsg 3 yards, to make it 3rd and 12 for Sanchez is not helping anyone.
    Exactly... I've never seen a coaching staff destroy a QB's rhythm like the Jets have the last few years whether it be with the wildcat or throwing Tebow in for two snaps and leaving Sanchez at 3rd and long.

If we use Tebow it should be for a series and if he comes in any other time it should be as RB not QB. Sanchez is a rhythm QB, our FO doesn't know how to keep a rhythm. It boggles me Tebow doesn't get a series in the red zone area considering how poor we are there this season.

Jets Insider VIP

Yea right.....