Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: The doom and gloom has reached sickening levels

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    The Jets suck donkey dong.

    Or is it dung? Probably both.


    Well, if you combine the two, it would be a dirty sanchez I believe.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    yep, yep
    Question for you :


    Are you DELIBERATELY trying to increase your post count?

    Good thing this isn't TGG or you'd be gone(I think....).








    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Well, if you combine the two, it would be a dirty sanchez I believe.
    Gee....THANK YOU for the unnecessary visual there, Mr. Pesci.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    +1

    And, YES, Hire Bill Polian!!!!

    Polian is a draft GURU, and has built multiple teams and been an incredible drafter over the years.
    This idea is more stale than college football announcers calling every coach who goes for it on 4th down a "riverboat gambler".

    "Polian is a draft guru"

    What did Polian build with the Colts exactly? A team that got weaker every year and completely fell apart without its star QB. He didn't build a team he built a support system for a hall of fame qb. Without a hall of fame qb what would he do for us? When you fall into tremendous luck with Peyton at #1 overall, building an undersized, underperforming team with no viable emergency plan at qb does not scream "draft guru" to me.

    This is all not even mentioning his absolutely lame and bland draft analysis on ESPN , which I don't think it's fair to judge him by...but also does not scream "guru".

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Seriously guys, it's time to put an end to some of this nonsense. The level of doom and gloom on this board has reached pathetic levels. And I don't have the rose colored glasses on, but let's put things into perspective.

    We are in week 5. Not week 12! We don't know how things will turn out. Now I don't expect us to be good, but when you consider our best WR and best defensive player are both out for the year, that's to be expected. But you don't what will happen. Maybe this is Stephen Hill's chance to develop. Maybe Chaz Schillens steps up. Maybe Coples gets involved soon and plays effectively. Not expecting it, but we don't know that.

    And what really bothers me, is some of the incredibly ridiculous and egregious statements made on here. In the past week these are some of the statements I've heard...

    - Luck is one of the best QB's in the league
    - Cleveland's offense looks like Brady & co. compared to ours.
    - Gabbert >>> Sanchez
    - Tannehill >>> Sanchez
    - Bradford >>> Sanchez
    - Jeff Fisher is a good HC
    - Teams like Miami, KC, Buffalo, etc have better futures than us, despite the fact that they are just as bad/worse than us and have worse management than us.
    - Hire Bill Polian
    - Hire Scott Pioli

    I could go on and on. But quite frankly these are some of the dumbest statements I have read. It's one thing to bash our team, it's a totally different thing to grasp at straws and try to make crappy players/teams look better in order to downplay the Jets. C'mon, you guys are better than that.

    And no, I'm not a homer. I have my fair share of complaints about this team too, but I'm not going to take it to levels that you are. Statements like those above are definitely reaches. Dhalsim-like reaches.

    Bottom line, let's see what happens first before going on suicide watch.
    Just read your own post again and you will have a new top 5....

  5. #45
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,257
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post

    Is the Tebow by week 6 as Jets starting QB coming to fruition?
    Yes.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Seriously guys, it's time to put an end to some of this nonsense. The level of doom and gloom on this board has reached pathetic levels. And I don't have the rose colored glasses on, but let's put things into perspective.

    We are in week 5. Not week 12! We don't know how things will turn out. Now I don't expect us to be good, but when you consider our best WR and best defensive player are both out for the year, that's to be expected. But you don't what will happen. Maybe this is Stephen Hill's chance to develop. Maybe Chaz Schillens steps up. Maybe Coples gets involved soon and plays effectively. Not expecting it, but we don't know that.

    And what really bothers me, is some of the incredibly ridiculous and egregious statements made on here. In the past week these are some of the statements I've heard...

    - Luck is one of the best QB's in the league
    - Cleveland's offense looks like Brady & co. compared to ours.
    - Gabbert >>> Sanchez
    - Tannehill >>> Sanchez
    - Bradford >>> Sanchez
    - Jeff Fisher is a good HC
    - Teams like Miami, KC, Buffalo, etc have better futures than us, despite the fact that they are just as bad/worse than us and have worse management than us.
    - Hire Bill Polian
    - Hire Scott Pioli

    I could go on and on. But quite frankly these are some of the dumbest statements I have read. It's one thing to bash our team, it's a totally different thing to grasp at straws and try to make crappy players/teams look better in order to downplay the Jets. C'mon, you guys are better than that.

    And no, I'm not a homer. I have my fair share of complaints about this team too, but I'm not going to take it to levels that you are. Statements like those above are definitely reaches. Dhalsim-like reaches.

    Bottom line, let's see what happens first before going on suicide watch.
    Gabbert Tannehill and Bradford are light years better then SUCKchez.

  7. #47
    I wonder how it will be in here if the jets happen to win. As impossible as guys make it seem they can win this game. Any given sunday!!!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    This idea is more stale than college football announcers calling every coach who goes for it on 4th down a "riverboat gambler".

    "Polian is a draft guru"

    This is all not even mentioning his absolutely lame and bland draft analysis on ESPN , which I don't think it's fair to judge him by...but also does not scream "guru".

    Are you really this dumb?

    Polian built the Buffalo Bills 4 runs to the Superbowl, built the Carolina Panthers run to the superbowl and the same for the Colts. Him, the GM for Packers Ron are known to be 2 of the best football minds in our game......

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Question for you :


    Are you DELIBERATELY trying to increase your post count?

    Good thing this isn't TGG or you'd be gone(I think....).
    Been on this board for 7 years fool...

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post

    Are you really this dumb?

    Polian built the Buffalo Bills 4 runs to the Superbowl, built the Carolina Panthers run to the superbowl and the same for the Colts. Him, the GM for Packers Ron are known to be 2 of the best football minds in our game......
    Polian has an excellent football mind. The main concern now because of his advanced age is if he still has the heart to run a team on an everyday basis.

    Part time GMs don't work out.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Polian has an excellent football mind. The main concern now because of his advanced age is if he still has the heart to run a team on an everyday basis.

    Part time GMs don't work out.
    True, that he may not want the gig, but if he does, that's the one.
    AND

    I would take a 1/2 time genius over 3 guys that are out of their element. We have tried that here many times, and the fact is, it does not work. There are reasons that some systems are able to work for years and years, he's one.
    Ron Wolf another.

    and, if he was the one picking the goods for the field, I know we'd be miles ahead, even if all he did was draft and watch the waiver wires.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Gabbert Tannehill and Bradford are light years better then SUCKchez.
    You obviously don't watch many other games aside from the Jets.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    This idea is more stale than college football announcers calling every coach who goes for it on 4th down a "riverboat gambler".

    "Polian is a draft guru"

    What did Polian build with the Colts exactly? A team that got weaker every year and completely fell apart without its star QB. He didn't build a team he built a support system for a hall of fame qb. Without a hall of fame qb what would he do for us? When you fall into tremendous luck with Peyton at #1 overall, building an undersized, underperforming team with no viable emergency plan at qb does not scream "draft guru" to me.

    This is all not even mentioning his absolutely lame and bland draft analysis on ESPN , which I don't think it's fair to judge him by...but also does not scream "guru".
    +1

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Been on this board for 7 years fool...
    Well pardon me, Mr. T. Don't pity me.


    I guess you're just a poster who jibber-jabbah's very little. As evidenced by your short(very short) posts.

    A man of few words.


    That's why I thought you were just upping your post-count.

    BTW, since you have been here for 7 years, you do know how to Multi-Quote....Right?
    Last edited by Vin; 10-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Posts
    8,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well pardon me, Mr. T. Don't pity me.


    I guess you're just a poster who jibber-jabbah's very little. As evidenced by your short(very short) posts.

    A man of few words.


    That's why I thought you were just upping your post-count.

    BTW, since you have been here for 7 years, you do know how to Multi-Quote....Right?
    Some of us spit on a multi quote.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well pardon me, Mr. T. Don't pity me.


    I guess you're just a poster who jibber-jabbah's very little. As evidenced by your short(very short) posts.

    A man of few words.


    That's why I thought you were just upping your post-count.

    BTW, since you have been here for 7 years, you do know how to Multi-Quote....Right?



    You know nothing about me, this is the 2nd personal dig on me.....

    Do you really believe your job on this list is to count the quotes by others, or judge them? If you do, keep doing it with your mouth shut or fingers off the keys. Nobody was judging you. I as well as others, have a right to communicate with people on this board about the team we love, Jets, without being judged for doing so. This is America, if you don't like it.. Get the F... out! I've been a Jets fan for 45+ years and you calling me out, since you came on the list 3 long years after me, is stupid at best. I communicate when I want to, whether you like it or not. I never call people out without a reason, meaning somebody saying something to me, like you.

    Read what you want, agree or disagree, but you made this personal, and that's a big no-no! You had NO RIGHT to Call me or anyone else out! This is for fun, I don't give a crap if I have 3 million or 500 posts. and NEITHER SHOULD YOU!

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post

    Are you really this dumb?

    Polian built the Buffalo Bills 4 runs to the Superbowl, built the Carolina Panthers run to the superbowl and the same for the Colts. Him, the GM for Packers Ron are known to be 2 of the best football minds in our game......
    Polian was a great football mind and I wouldn't be surprised if he got in the HOF. But at his age I have to wonder about his motivation. He did little to nothing to keep the Colts viable after selecting Manning in 1998. The Colts had one poor draft after another for the last 10 years. Nobody saw this because Manning was just so good and could cover up their declining talent.

    Polian would have been a great hire in 1992. Today, not so much.

  18. #58
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    This idea is more stale than college football announcers calling every coach who goes for it on 4th down a "riverboat gambler".

    "Polian is a draft guru"

    What did Polian build with the Colts exactly? A team that got weaker every year and completely fell apart without its star QB. He didn't build a team he built a support system for a hall of fame qb. Without a hall of fame qb what would he do for us? When you fall into tremendous luck with Peyton at #1 overall, building an undersized, underperforming team with no viable emergency plan at qb does not scream "draft guru" to me.

    This is all not even mentioning his absolutely lame and bland draft analysis on ESPN , which I don't think it's fair to judge him by...but also does not scream "guru".
    I believe Polian did a nice job of building the Bills in the 80's-early 90's. A team that went to 4 consecutive Super Bowls.

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post


    You know nothing about me, this is the 2nd personal dig on me.....

    Do you really believe your job on this list is to count the quotes by others, or judge them? If you do, keep doing it with your mouth shut or fingers off the keys. Nobody was judging you. I as well as others, have a right to communicate with people on this board about the team we love, Jets, without being judged for doing so. This is America, if you don't like it.. Get the F... out! I've been a Jets fan for 45+ years and you calling me out, since you came on the list 3 long years after me, is stupid at best. I communicate when I want to, whether you like it or not. I never call people out without a reason, meaning somebody saying something to me, like you.

    Read what you want, agree or disagree, but you made this personal, and that's a big no-no! You had NO RIGHT to Call me or anyone else out! This is for fun, I don't give a crap if I have 3 million or 500 posts. and NEITHER SHOULD YOU!
    There's a list?

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    There's a list?
    Apparently so. My faux pas, then.


    I think someone around here doesn't like criticism.



    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post


    You know nothing about me, this is the 2nd personal dig on me.....

    Do you really believe your job on this list is to count the quotes by others, or judge them? If you do, keep doing it with your mouth shut or fingers off the keys. Nobody was judging you. I as well as others, have a right to communicate with people on this board about the team we love, Jets, without being judged for doing so. This is America, if you don't like it.. Get the F... out! I've been a Jets fan for 45+ years and you calling me out, since you came on the list 3 long years after me, is stupid at best. I communicate when I want to, whether you like it or not. I never call people out without a reason, meaning somebody saying something to me, like you.

    Read what you want, agree or disagree, but you made this personal, and that's a big no-no! You had NO RIGHT to Call me or anyone else out! This is for fun, I don't give a crap if I have 3 million or 500 posts. and NEITHER SHOULD YOU!


    Live Long and Prosper, my overexciteable JI colleague.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-08-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us