Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The doom and gloom has reached sickening levels

The doom and gloom has reached sickening levels

Seriously guys, it's time to put an end to some of this nonsense. The level of doom and gloom on this board has reached pathetic levels. And I don't have the rose colored glasses on, but let's put things into perspective.

We are in week 5. Not week 12! We don't know how things will turn out. Now I don't expect us to be good, but when you consider our best WR and best defensive player are both out for the year, that's to be expected. But you don't what will happen. Maybe this is Stephen Hill's chance to develop. Maybe Chaz Schillens steps up. Maybe Coples gets involved soon and plays effectively. Not expecting it, but we don't know that.

And what really bothers me, is some of the incredibly ridiculous and egregious statements made on here. In the past week these are some of the statements I've heard...

- Luck is one of the best QB's in the league
    - Cleveland's offense looks like Brady & co. compared to ours.
    - Gabbert >>> Sanchez
    - Tannehill >>> Sanchez
    - Bradford >>> Sanchez
    - Jeff Fisher is a good HC
    - Teams like Miami, KC, Buffalo, etc have better futures than us, despite the fact that they are just as bad/worse than us and have worse management than us.
    - Hire Bill Polian
    - Hire Scott Pioli

I could go on and on. But quite frankly these are some of the dumbest statements I have read. It's one thing to bash our team, it's a totally different thing to grasp at straws and try to make crappy players/teams look better in order to downplay the Jets. C'mon, you guys are better than that.

And no, I'm not a homer. I have my fair share of complaints about this team too, but I'm not going to take it to levels that you are. Statements like those above are definitely reaches. Dhalsim-like reaches.

Bottom line, let's see what happens first before going on suicide watch.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can see what is going to happen. it is not difficult to realize there is no talent on this team.

The only thing that could change is if tebow catches the lightning in a bottle scenario. But nothing else can save this franchise from having an absolutley awful season.

I'm glad that "Hire Eric Mangini as GM" wasn't one of the dumb things on the list.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    The Mcknight attempting to be a defensive back was WAy over the edge.

Oh, wait.

All Pro
    Everyone expresses there fandom differently.

Nobody is wrong for being pessimistic or optimistic.

I have lost all hope for this season...but I am far from doom and gloom. On the contrary...I will be quite relaxed watching the game tonight, with no expectations of a win. And when they lose, and lose big...I will not lose once minute of sleep over it.

No football related stress by week 5...the Jets sucking this bad will be good for my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    I'm glad that "Hire Eric Mangini as GM" wasn't one of the dumb things on the list.
    I didn't see that. That's not really a terrible idea though. Mangini is very good at evaluating talent. I think he'd better a better GM than coach

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    I didn't see that. That's not really a terrible idea though. Mangini is very good at evaluating talent. I think he'd better a better GM than coach
    Let some other team find out id this is true or not.

Rookie
    I hope the Jets beat up Houston severely.

Is the Tebow by week 6 as Jets starting QB coming to fruition?

I agree. I'd be on board with bringing him back in a front-office job. The drafts which he was involved in here from 06-08 produced many quality players. If I'm Tanny, I'm lobbying for this with Woody right now to save my own job as bean-counting-cap guy.

Jets Insider VIP

And what really bothers me, is some of the incredibly ridiculous and egregious statements made on here. In the past week these are some of the statements I've heard...

- Gabbert >>> Sanchez
    - Tannehill >>> Sanchez
    - Bradford >>> Sanchez

I don't see how anyone who knows football could possibly disparage Jeff Fisher so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Everyone expresses there fandom differently.

Nobody is wrong for being pessimistic or optimistic.
    Nothing wrong with being pessimistic, but there are past that point. It's one thing to be critical, but it's another thing to reach for something that's not there.

For example our country is not in good shape right now. Most Americans can admit that. But let's be honest, even in the bad shape that we are in, we have it alot better than many other countries in the world. Most Latin American, European, and African countries are in shambles right now. Saying statements like the Browns have a better future than the Jets and that Gabbert >>> Sanchez would be like saying Haiti & Greece are in better shape than America. That would be an incredibly stupid statement.

If you wanna be pessimistic, fine. I'm not gonna say you can't. But please stop grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    I don't see how anyone who knows football could possibly disparage Jeff Fisher so easily.
    Sorry, my fault. The poster didn't say good, he said GREAT. Jeff Fisher is not a great coach. He's extremely overrated, and hasn't accomplished anything in over a decade.

He's still living of that 1999 SB appearance. What has he done since?

Seriously guys, it's time to put an end to some of this nonsense. The level of doom and gloom on this board has reached pathetic levels. And I don't have the rose colored glasses on, but let's put things into perspective.

We are in week 5. Not week 12! We don't know how things will turn out. Now I don't expect us to be good, but when you consider our best WR and best defensive player are both out for the year, that's to be expected. But you don't what will happen. Maybe this is Stephen Hill's chance to develop. Maybe Chaz Schillens steps up. Maybe Coples gets involved soon and plays effectively. Not expecting it, but we don't know that.

- Gabbert >>> Sanchez
    - Tannehill >>> Sanchez
    - Bradford >>> Sanchez
    - Teams like Miami, KC, Buffalo, etc have better futures than us, despite the fact that they are just as bad/worse than us and have worse management than us.
    - Hire Bill Polian
    - Hire Scott Pioli

I could go on and on. But quite frankly these are some of the dumbest statements I have read. It's one thing to bash our team, it's a totally different thing to grasp at straws and try to make crappy players/teams look better in order to downplay the Jets. C'mon, you guys are better than that.

And no, I'm not a homer. I have my fair share of complaints about this team too, but I'm not going to take it to levels that you are. Statements like those above are definitely reaches. Dhalsim-like reaches.

Well, with the back to back AFC CG appearances, the fanbase got a bit spoiled and expected sustained success. The Jets fall back to being a mediocre team that cannot compete with the elite teams has been a tough pill for a lot of us to swallow. Plus, couple that with a lot of missed draft picks recently and Sanchez's regression to almost embarrassing levels and people are rightfully annoyed. True, this team may find a way to 7 or 8 wins, but they are not a threat to win the Super Bowl as it stands with this roster (and maybe even with this coach and QB). The thought of needing to go out and find another franchise QB blows. It just does. Not to mention, the team has played so poorly at times this year that we are actually expecting to not even be competitive with a good team tonight. Think about that, a few years ago we could beat teams like this and now prevailing wisdom is we cannot even hang on the same field with an elite team. That bothers me....

All Pro
    It's only natural for doom and gloom to reach sickening levels when the level of play on the field is ... well, sickening.

The Jets have been absolutely pathetic in six of their past seven regular season games. There is no positive way to spin it.

All Pro
    Nothing wrong with being pessimistic, but there are past that point. It's one thing to be critical, but it's another thing to reach for something that's not there.

For example our country is not in good shape right now. Most Americans can admit that. But let's be honest, even in the bad shape that we are in, we have it alot better than many other countries in the world. Most Latin American, European, and African countries are in shambles right now. Saying statements like the Browns have a better future than the Jets and that Gabbert >>> Sanchez would be like saying Haiti & Greece are in better shape than America. That would be an incredibly stupid statement.

If you wanna be pessimistic, fine. I'm not gonna say you can't. But please stop grasping at straws.
    ================================================

Grasping at straws eh.

People sometimes feel the need to vent, then others just like attention. Some fans are determined to pray/wish/hope.
    I'm still holding out hope the Jets learn to stop the run and the light turns on for Sanchez.
    Either way, I still have mouths to feed and other priorities to look at other then the Jets. But that's just me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Well, with the back to back AFC CG appearances, the fanbase got a bit spoiled and expected sustained success. The Jets fall back to being a mediocre team that cannot compete with the elite teams has been a tough pill for a lot of us to swallow. Plus, couple that with a lot of missed draft picks recently and Sanchez's regression to almost embarrassing levels and people are rightfully annoyed. True, this team may find a way to 7 or 8 wins, but they are not a threat to win the Super Bowl as it stands with this roster (and maybe even with this coach and QB). The thought of needing to go out and find another franchise QB blows. It just does. Not to mention, the team has played so poorly at times this year that we are actually expecting to not even be competitive with a good team tonight. Think about that, a few years ago we could beat teams like this and now prevailing wisdom is we cannot even hang on the same field with an elite team. That bothers me....
    I agree 100%

It is especially annoying when you have a HC who says silly things like "this is the most talented team the Jets have had since he has been here!"

Who says foolish stuff like that?

Did Rex actually believe that!!

If he did he has no business being the HC of any NFL team. IMO how could any competent coach who looks at this team say that it is as talented from top to bottom as the other top teams in the league?

You can't, you couldn't, you shouldn't....

Good Grief!!!

The 2012 season is not the issue IMO of why the doom and gloom is so severe. The problem is that if we again finish with 6-9 wins, and sanchez has an up and down year, and we pick in the late teens....how will anything change?

I personally dont understand the direction the organization is going....we rely on quick fixes and take risks on players with poor character all of which worked in the short term, but is not a way to build an organization over the long haul.

We claim our identity is physical football, but we have been getting pushed around ever since the Denver game last year.

Our HC has every bit of statistical evidence stating that players like bart and greene CANNOT get any better, yet we refuse to go with the speed and potetntial upside of our younger players even though that is where the league has gone.

Losses happen, especially in the 2012 NFL, but to not have even a formula in place for what you want the team to be in 2012, 13, and beyond, is what is fustrating for long time fans.

Jets Insider VIP
    Sorry, my fault. The poster didn't say good, he said GREAT. Jeff Fisher is not a great coach. He's extremely overrated, and hasn't accomplished anything in over a decade.

He's still living of that 1999 SB appearance. What has he done since?
    You're forgetting he has a cheapskate, fossil of an owner. He's done more with less than any coach in recent memory.

Would love to have him as my coach.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This season needs to be tanked so Rex Ryan is punted out of town.

Enough of his nonsense and lousy motivational skills, enough player no-shows.

SAR I