Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The doom and gloom has reached sickening levels

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post

Are you really this dumb?

Polian built the Buffalo Bills 4 runs to the Superbowl, built the Carolina Panthers run to the superbowl and the same for the Colts. Him, the GM for Packers Ron are known to be 2 of the best football minds in our game......
    Draft guru my ass!

Between Jim Kelly and Peyton Manning, Polian had 25 seasons with Hall of Fame quarterbacks. He has ONE championship to show for it.

He inherited Kelly when the USFL folded, and then had the "foresight" to take the Colts job when they had the first pick in the draft. The only real decision that he had to make was whether to take Manning or Ryan Leaf, and I doubt that decision took many face to face meetings.

He insisted on surrounding Manning with high profile skill players like Reggie Wayne, Edggerin James, Dallas Clark, Addai, Gonzalez, etc, rather than following conventional wisdom, and building the lines. On the rare occasions where he did draft defense or linemen, he drafted undersized players like Freeney and Mathis, or whiffed completely on a tackle like Ugoh.

Polian's foray into free agency was Cory Fricken' Simon.

Without Kelly and Manning, Bill Polian would have been selling vinyl siding, twenty years ago!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Someone got their panties in a bunch.

It's only an Internet MB.

Peace

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know, for someone who is offended by someone "taking a dig" on you(as you would call it), you really have no room to talk/whine/complain when you call someone else(Astoria) "dumb" :

Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post

Are you really this dumb?

Polian built the Buffalo Bills 4 runs to the Superbowl, built the Carolina Panthers run to the superbowl and the same for the Colts. Him, the GM for Packers Ron are known to be 2 of the best football minds in our game......
    Case in point above.

And I don't give a damn if you signed up to this forum when it was first created, "fool". Someone who became a member in '03 doesn't make him/her better than the rest who signed up later.
    Last edited by Vin; 10-08-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I could add to this thread is, if you think what you have read so far is "Doom & Gloom" come back to this board in about five hours!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    The only thing I could add to this thread is, if you think what you have read so far is "Doom & Gloom" come back to this board in about five hours!
    Friggin awesome.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BluVayner View Post
    B]The only real decision that he had to make was whether to take Manning or Ryan Leaf, and I doubt that decision took many face to face meetings. [/B]
    Actually he admitted that he almost took Ryan Leaf. The only reason he didn't was because he scheduled a one-on-one meeting with both of them, and Leaf never showed up.

He made 4 Super Bowls in Buffalo and was fired. Jim Kelly was selected before he was the GM. The AFC during his span was exceptionally bad from top to bottom. Buffalo was a good team but nothing special.

In Carolina he was given an advantage as a new franchise with draft choices and starting from zero with the salary cap. He went out and bought every free agent out there. They were good for a year or two. Then after that they crashed and burned. He nearly bankrupted the Panthers and Mr. Richardson couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Let's not forget his biggest mistake; letting Marshall Faulk walk. He could have signed Faulk, then been able to trade the pick to the Saints, and get more picks more quality players.

His only good drafts were when he had an experienced scouting staff and when he ran them all off to put his incompetent son in charge. He couldn't draft for crap on his own and it eventually caught up to him when Manning couldn't suit up.