Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice for Sparano IF Tebow gets any substantive playing time tonight....

Advice for Sparano IF Tebow gets any substantive playing time tonight....

Going to ignore the question of benching Sanchez, or who should be the starter, yada, yada, yada. Save that for some other thread.

As the title says, IF Tebow gets substantive playing time, put him the shotgun with Spread formations the entire time. Split 4 WRs, or 2 WRs and 2 Split Ends out wide, or even empty out the backfield and go 5 wide. Open things up and let the kid air the ball out.

Additionally, go uptempo and no huddle. Give the defense as little time to react/adjust as possible.

Best advice I could give Sparano is get lost on the way to MetLife tonight. Let someone qualified to call an NFL game do it.

If Tebow gets any playing time tonight, that likely means Sanchez has been knocked out of the game. So my advice to Tim would be, run for your life and try not to embarrass yourself too much

Throw it to Konrad Reuland.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    If Tebow gets any playing time tonight, that likely means Sanchez has been knocked out of the game. So my advice to Tim would be, run for your life and try not to embarrass yourself too much
    With the way he throws the ball, how can he embarass himself worse than he has?

Unfortunately he will continue to play in jumbo formation, with a rb read option that fools no one and does nothing but allow the safeties an extra 1.5 sec to zoom towards the LOS. Because of course we know sunglasses Tony won't let tebow keep defenses honest by, you know, actually throwing a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Funny thing Vin, all through preseason, many looked at Mark's performances and pointed out that he didn't have any weapons. They still argue this now. That the receivers can't get separation and aren't getting open that often.

I don't disagree with them. Granted, when they do get open, Mark misses them, but still, they aren't getting open that often, and they aren't running the correct routes, or clean routes.

But let's go back to the only times we've seen Tebow passing this year. If Sanchez didn't have any weapons to throw to, and the receivers he had were running the wrong routes, what does that say about who Tebow was throwing to ?

By definition, his receiver corps would have been worse than Sanchez's, yes ? Tebow was throwing to guys who aren't even on the team now, aside from those who might have made the practice squad.

Wouldn't that be a fair argument ?

So perhaps people should reserve judgment until he actually gets on the field with the best receivers that we have ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Who cares about style points as long as he wins?

Tebow will play the majority of the 2nd qtr

Quote Originally Posted by Jman21 View Post
    Tebow will play the majority of the 2nd qtr
    And get smoked. Minimum two fumbles off crushing hits/sacks and three INTs if Teblow plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    And get smoked. Minimum two fumbles off crushing hits/sacks and three INTs if Teblow plays.
    I'd take that bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I'd take that bet.
    Hey, I don't want it to happen. Satan does.

What receivers are we going 4 wide with?

Kerley and McKnight are good fits in the spread option. Everyone else? Not so much. And the coaching staff doesn't seem to want to McKnight on the field much, while Kerley has received far too little playing time despite his relatively good performance (though at least they'll be forced to play him more now).

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Funny thing Vin, all through preseason, many looked at Mark's performances and pointed out that he didn't have any weapons. They still argue this now. That the receivers can't get separation and aren't getting open that often.

I don't disagree with them. Granted, when they do get open, Mark misses them, but still, they aren't getting open that often, and they aren't running the correct routes, or clean routes.

But let's go back to the only times we've seen Tebow passing this year. If Sanchez didn't have any weapons to throw to, and the receivers he had were running the wrong routes, what does that say about who Tebow was throwing to ?

By definition, his receiver corps would have been worse than Sanchez's, yes ? Tebow was throwing to guys who aren't even on the team now, aside from those who might have made the practice squad.

Wouldn't that be a fair argument ?

So perhaps people should reserve judgment until he actually gets on the field with the best receivers that we have ?
    You know.....What I got out of your post is this :

"Give Tebow a chance before you poo-poo him, dumbass!"

Look, it's not to say that I won't give him a chance 'cause he'll get a chance whether I like it or not....but I'm just not very optimistic that his "chance" won't end up with the same result : GARBAGE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Oh no question about that.

But when your QB is throwing DUCKS, GEESE, and sometimes a GRENADE out there, your chances of success aren't exactly promising.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Funny you say that now about Tebow, yet ignored that when Sanchez was winning games. You must have multiple personalities, because you come up with some of the most hypocritical and contradictory points of view.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Funny you say that now about Tebow, yet ignored that when Sanchez was winning games. You must have multiple personalities, because you come up with some of the most hypocritical and contradictory points of view.
    And the War has begun once more....

sec.101row23 fires the first shot.

KentuckyJet? Your move....

Hall Of Fame
    And the War has begun once more....

sec.101row23 fires the first shot.

KentuckyJet? Your move....
    LOL....am I wrong??

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    What receivers are we going 4 wide with?

Kerley and McKnight are good fits in the spread option. Everyone else? Not so much. And the coaching staff doesn't seem to want to McKnight on the field much, while Kerley has received far too little playing time despite his relatively good performance (though at least they'll be forced to play him more now).
    Whatever 4 we can get suited up for the game.

I'd put Schillens on one side and perhaps Jason Hill on the other. Kerley split out wide slot. McKnight wide slot on other side with Powell in the backfield.

The point is to try and spread the defense out and open up the box. Make the defense choose between defending the pass or the run game. Put speed/deep threats on the outside and try to force the Texans to drop safeties back.

You know.....What I got out of your post is this :

"Give Tebow a chance before you poo-poo him, dumbass!"

Look, it's not to say that I won't give him a chance 'cause he'll get a chance whether I like it or not....but I'm just not very optimistic that his "chance" won't end up with the same result : GARBAGE.
    Well, that's a nice way to put it, and I did offer up a reason as to why you might wait.

Oh no question about that.

But when your QB is throwing DUCKS, GEESE, and sometimes a GRENADE out there, your chances of success aren't exactly promising.
    Thing is, Tebow wasn't throwing ducks, geese or grenades in preseason. Did you watch him much last year ?

Looks like the teboners' "TEBOW MUST START" crusade has begun. This is the beginning of the end... god help us