Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jason Whitlock calls Jets embarrassment to NFL

Jason Whitlock calls Jets embarrassment to NFL

Wow, now this is bad,,

If Roger Goodell wanted to erase the stench of the replacement ref fiasco, create a distraction to overshadow his bungling of Bountygate and get back in the good graces of working journalists weary of faux Tebowmania, the commish would cite the 2004 “Playmakers” ruling and cancel the rest of the New York Jets season.

Seriously. Cancel the Jets starting with tonight’s “Monday Night Football” clash against the Houston Texans on ESPN. Cancel the Jets because they’re a disgrace, a blight on the good name of the NFL, the worst thing to happen to America’s pastime since the Worldwide Leader aired 11 dramatic episodes of “Playmakers.”

Former commissioner Paul Tagliabue set the precedent. He pressured Disney into killing the Cougars, the fictional professional football squad portrayed in “Playmakers.” Tagliabue thought the Cougars were a “gross mischaracterization” of life in the NFL and negatively portrayed the league.

Rex Ryan and the Jets are not gross? They’re not gross caricatures who negatively portray life on this planet? The Jets aren’t a real-life re-enactment of “Playmakers” worthy of cancellation?

Goodell should cancel tonight’s episode of “Playmakers of New York” just to save Jon Gruden from the three hours of mental gymnastics he’ll perform trying to pretend Ryan and the Jets aren’t an X-rated circus act.

I can’t be the only person to notice the Jets went from Super Bowl contenders to Super Bowl pretenders once their head coach transformed publicly from Rex Ryan, son of legendary defensive guru Buddy Ryan, to Sex Ryan, the bastard child of legendary smut kingpin Larry Flynt.

Yep, after playing in back-to-back AFC Championships, the Jets have been an inconsistent .500 club since Deadspin.com unearthed alleged evidence that Rex and his wife spent their free time exploring their foot fetish on the Internet. In fact, since December of 2010 — when the foot fetish controversy began — the Jets have played 28 NFL games, including the playoffs, that matter and they’ve lost half of them.

The Jets have a clown for a coach. It’s no coincidence they play like clowns on the field and act like clowns off it.

The starting quarterback, Mark Sanchez, completes a much higher percentage of passes off the field than on it. He’s gone from connecting with hot-to-trot teenagers to hooking up with a 37-year-old desperate housewife, Eva Longoria. Yep, off the field, Sanchez spreads the ball to a wide variety of receivers. He keeps his name relevant on Page 6 of the New York tabloids. Just in the past week Longoria publicly denied being pregnant by Sanchez even though no one asked.

Is it worth mentioning that Longoria’s ex, Spurs point guard Tony Parker, quarterbacks a far more efficient offense and is less turnover prone than her latest public-relations ploy/boyfriend?

The team’s other quarterback, Tim Tebow, remains a cult figure because of his alleged Just Say No bedroom campaign. Now, Tebow was brought to New York to run the wildcat, but the team’s new offensive coordinator, Tony Sparano, is utilizing a Just Say No wildcat campaign. The San Francisco 49ers mocked New York’s wildcat package by unveiling a superior one in a 34-point mauling.

Goodell should Just Say No to the Jets. Put them out of their misery. Spare the league the embarrassment of such a high-profile dysfunctional team. The Jets are doing far more damage to the NFL’s rep than “Playmakers” ever did.

Jets Insider VIP
    What a tool.

SMH

That was beyond terrible.

Hall Of Fame
    Who is Jason Whitlock and why should I care what his opinion is?

Whitlock's a troll, as bad as any writer out there. I must admit though the line about Longoria denying Sanchez made her pregnant even though no one asked made me LOL a bit

Jets Insider VIP
    The funny thing is that while other teams have players getting DUI's left and right, have their players hitting their mom, have players almost get charged for murder, we are the joke because Sanchez dates an actress and the foot thing?

LOL get a clue Whitlock.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I dislike Rex Ryan as much as anyone, but that way crossed over the line.

Completely inappropriate.

SAR I

Veteran
    Ugh, I am all for fan pessimism - but this jerk**f can GFH . . .

Veteran
    Jason Whitlock when you're an embarrassment to yourself http://cache.deadspin.com/assets/ima...4dd5a1a1af.jpg i suppose you want to take everyone and everything on your ship. GFY b**ch phat fuk!!!!!
    Last edited by J.E.T.Sfan4life; 10-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.

wow talk about hyperbole

the only reason for this Tebow hype is because of media types like this douche

LOL. Was this on NFL.com?

I love the point about Rex being .500 since the foot fetish story broke. Like current coaches in this league arent under .500 since last year. Sports writers and sport media personalities are worthless leaches.

There are so many really bad teams out there not to mention players who get arrested for everything from DWI to battery that he certainly could have done a better job than this. Perhaps he should have mentioned that the Texans haven't really played any good teams yet or how about SF putting up 45 on a Bills defense that was supposed to be improved. He is going to be embarrassed when the Jets win tonight.

Whitlock is an embarrassment to :

1) Writers
    2) black people
    3) all people
    4) football fans
    5) Redskin fans
    6) his mother
    7) his children
    8) did I mention writers?
    9) racism

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Whitlock's a Kansas City Chiefs fan, he's in no position to call out the Jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    The funny thing is that while other teams have players getting DUI's left and right, have their players hitting their mom, have players almost get charged for murder, we are the joke because Sanchez dates an actress and the foot thing?

LOL get a clue Whitlock.
    +1 All this circus BS talk and calling the Jets a joke is old and tired with little basis.

The Jets coach gives honest answers to media questions? What a joke! I wish he were like Mangini and Belichick and lie about their injury report, and give generic answers to every question under the sun.

The Jets QB dates hot girls! What the hell is going on, this is a joke! I wish he were more a family man like Romo or 85% of the other QBs in the NFL.

The Jets have a CB with a dozen kids with multiple woman! That is rare and a disgrace to the league! This is alot worse than Stallworth killing a man while driving, guys like Turner and Abe getting arrested while drunk and playing the next week!

Really......just STFU.

Sent from my LG-P999

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I dislike Rex Ryan as much as anyone, but that way crossed over the line.

Completely inappropriate.

SAR I
    +1, that was a pretty severe personal attack.

I think the NFL should reevaluate its relationship with the media with articles like this being published.

This reads like it was taken straight from a Bills fan-site.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Wow, now this is bad,,

If Roger Goodell wanted to erase the stench of the replacement ref fiasco, create a distraction to overshadow his bungling of Bountygate and get back in the good graces of working journalists weary of faux Tebowmania, the commish would cite the 2004 “Playmakers” ruling and cancel the rest of the New York Jets season.

Seriously. Cancel the Jets starting with tonight’s “Monday Night Football” clash against the Houston Texans on ESPN. Cancel the Jets because they’re a disgrace, a blight on the good name of the NFL, the worst thing to happen to America’s pastime since the Worldwide Leader aired 11 dramatic episodes of “Playmakers.”

Former commissioner Paul Tagliabue set the precedent. He pressured Disney into killing the Cougars, the fictional professional football squad portrayed in “Playmakers.” Tagliabue thought the Cougars were a “gross mischaracterization” of life in the NFL and negatively portrayed the league.

Rex Ryan and the Jets are not gross? They’re not gross caricatures who negatively portray life on this planet? The Jets aren’t a real-life re-enactment of “Playmakers” worthy of cancellation?

Goodell should cancel tonight’s episode of “Playmakers of New York” just to save Jon Gruden from the three hours of mental gymnastics he’ll perform trying to pretend Ryan and the Jets aren’t an X-rated circus act.

I can’t be the only person to notice the Jets went from Super Bowl contenders to Super Bowl pretenders once their head coach transformed publicly from Rex Ryan, son of legendary defensive guru Buddy Ryan, to Sex Ryan, the bastard child of legendary smut kingpin Larry Flynt.

Yep, after playing in back-to-back AFC Championships, the Jets have been an inconsistent .500 club since Deadspin.com unearthed alleged evidence that Rex and his wife spent their free time exploring their foot fetish on the Internet. In fact, since December of 2010 — when the foot fetish controversy began — the Jets have played 28 NFL games, including the playoffs, that matter and they’ve lost half of them.

The Jets have a clown for a coach. It’s no coincidence they play like clowns on the field and act like clowns off it.

The starting quarterback, Mark Sanchez, completes a much higher percentage of passes off the field than on it. He’s gone from connecting with hot-to-trot teenagers to hooking up with a 37-year-old desperate housewife, Eva Longoria. Yep, off the field, Sanchez spreads the ball to a wide variety of receivers. He keeps his name relevant on Page 6 of the New York tabloids. Just in the past week Longoria publicly denied being pregnant by Sanchez even though no one asked.

Is it worth mentioning that Longoria’s ex, Spurs point guard Tony Parker, quarterbacks a far more efficient offense and is less turnover prone than her latest public-relations ploy/boyfriend?

The team’s other quarterback, Tim Tebow, remains a cult figure because of his alleged Just Say No bedroom campaign. Now, Tebow was brought to New York to run the wildcat, but the team’s new offensive coordinator, Tony Sparano, is utilizing a Just Say No wildcat campaign. The San Francisco 49ers mocked New York’s wildcat package by unveiling a superior one in a 34-point mauling.

Goodell should Just Say No to the Jets. Put them out of their misery. Spare the league the embarrassment of such a high-profile dysfunctional team. The Jets are doing far more damage to the NFL’s rep than “Playmakers” ever did.
    Does Jason Whitlock have an email somewhere? This is what I hate about these "columnists". They type their sh*t and are never obligated to have an email for fans to send him "messages".

I bet if he did, he wouldn't be saying this sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Whitlock's a Kansas City Chiefs fan, he's in no position to call out the Jets
    Really now?? That certainly lends credence to the Pot-Kettle-Black theory.

i think the jets stink and have little to no chance of making the playoffs, but that was totally uncalled for. what these jerks don't understand is articles like that cut the fans as deeply as it cuts the team, if not more. after all, if the jets are all he describes them to be, what are the people who invest time and money into this team?

So, to follow this douche's logic, the *foot fetish* crap was the undoing of the franchise, even though we went to the AFC Championship Game a month after it came out (when it was presumably the most distracting)?

Give me a break: We have far bigger problems than our coach being into his wife's feet.

And the NFL has worse teams than the 2-2 Jets, like the two teams who lost to the 2-2 Jets. Douche.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Wow, now this is bad,,

Last year, with a playoff berth on the line in the final regular-season game, receiver Santonio Holmes quit. This year, Holmes hurt his knee on a non-contact injury and intentionally fumbled the ball to the opposition.

The Jets best player, cornerback Darrelle Revis, also hurt his knee on a non-contact injury this season. He tore his ACL. The injury ruined his season and began speculation on his next contract holdout.

As best we know, New York’s other cornerback, Antonio Cromartie, hasn’t fathered any more illegitimate children this season ... as best we know. New York’s top linebacker, Bart Scott, had his most memorable performance this season on ESPN’s documentary “Broke.” Scott is perfect for the WWE. Ever since he barked “Can’t Wait!” he’s been far more bark than bite as a football player. Vince McMahon will love Scott. The contact is all fake and the trash talk is scripted in the WWE.

New York’s owner, Woody Johnson, is on the record that Mitt Romney’s victory in the presidential race is a higher priority than the Jets winning. You know, the Texans might have to pull off a disinterested, bumbling Barack Obama-like debate performance tonight for the Jets to have any chance at winning.

Cancel “Playmakers of New York.” Tagliabue would.
    Looks like you may have left off the tail end of the article. Or it was recently updated. In any event, I added it above and made it bold.
    Last edited by jxc; 10-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm sorry, is that journalism?

This idiot wants to cancel the season of a 2-2 team that has suffered injuries to two of its best players, one on each side of the ball, just because they haven't been to an AFC Championship game in 1 1/2 years???

Does he know there are 8 teams with only 1 win? That Cleveland has ZERO wins?

This guy is a moron.