Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I'm sorry, I just don't know any other way..

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174

    Arrow I'm sorry, I just don't know any other way..

    ..but to hope and believe in the Jets. I watch every game to the very end no matter what the score,good or bad. I sit in Patriots bars up here in Vermont and catch $hit all year long about how Rex is a scum bag,Sanchez can't win,Bart Scott takes it up the....well you know and so on.

    But here we sit at 2-2 with our two best players done for the year,we will play with four starters missing on offense tonight and our defense has been far from special. But I care to much to just act like the season is already over. We wait what seems like forever for football season to get here and after the first four weeks most people sound like they are giving up already. I know the odds are against us to do anything this year but I just can't give up. It's not in my DNA.

    I don't agree with everything that Rex does or some of the players Tanny brings in or lets go. But once the ball is kicked off I want my fuc**ng team to WIN!! I could care less who is or is not on the field...find a way to win the game. I remember one of the first Jets games the crushed me was the wildcard game vs the Bills in '81 or '82. I was just a little kid but I was hooked and I have never stopped or lost hope in Gang Green.

    Call me a douche if you will but I'm going to keep fighting as long as there is a trace of the boys getting into the playoffs. And not until that chance is 100% gone will I start to worry about the draft or whats going to happen on the coaching front. I hope to see great effort and passion from the Jets tonight and the rest of the season.. Lets go punch these mother ****ers in the mouth !!!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    ..but to hope and believe in the Jets. I watch every game to the very end no matter what the score,good or bad. I sit in Patriots bars up here in Vermont and catch $hit all year long about how Rex is a scum bag,Sanchez can't win,Bart Scott takes it up the....well you know and so on.

    But here we sit at 2-2 with our two best players done for the year,we will play with four starters missing on offense tonight and our defense has been far from special. But I care to much to just act like the season is already over. We wait what seems like forever for football season to get here and after the first four weeks most people sound like they are giving up already. I know the odds are against us to do anything this year but I just can't give up. It's not in my DNA.

    I don't agree with everything that Rex does or some of the players Tanny brings in or lets go. But once the ball is kicked off I want my fuc**ng team to WIN!! I could care less who is or is not on the field...find a way to win the game. I remember one of the first Jets games the crushed me was the wildcard game vs the Bills in '81 or '82. I was just a little kid but I was hooked and I have never stopped or lost hope in Gang Green.

    Call me a douche if you will but I'm going to keep fighting as long as there is a trace of the boys getting into the playoffs. And not until that chance is 100% gone will I start to worry about the draft or whats going to happen on the coaching front. I hope to see great effort and passion from the Jets tonight and the rest of the season.. Lets go punch these mother ****ers in the mouth !!!
    nobody is asking you to give up...i hope and believe they do well too...but i also believe i have a firm and realistic understanding of what is going on.

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,356
    I'm with ya! Once the ball is kicked off, I'm right there with ya regardless. My heart always says we can win.

    But if we lose I come here to vent. And when the team falls apart like we are currently, I fall harder. Sometimes out of frustration people say things we don't truly mean. We may bash the team, players or management but in the end we all just want to win.

  4. #4
    I won't give up, per say....


    But my interest in the Jets season will wane considerably....


    Good thing I have NFL REDZONE....

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'm with ya! Once the ball is kicked off, I'm right there with ya regardless. My heart always says we can win.

    But if we lose I come here to vent. And when the team falls apart like we are currently, I fall harder. Sometimes out of frustration people say things we don't truly mean. We may bash the team, players or management but in the end we all just want to win.
    I hear ya man. I also look for the little things like who is playing better and if the coaches are bringing new stuff to the table. I just want to see great effort no matter the score. Winning or losing just playing like their hair is on fire !!

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    W. Germany
    Posts
    1,158

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    BWHAHA!! Nice.

  8. #8
    Tough town to be a Jet fan, but I bet they treat you a 100% better in the bars than we would treat them in our town.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    ..

    I don't agree with everything that Rex does or some of the players Tanny brings in or lets go. But once the ball is kicked off I want my fuc**ng team to WIN!! I could care less who is or is not on the field...find a way to win the game.
    Agreed!

    BUT... during the week, we focus on ways to become better, or focus on things that need to be fixed.

    Go JETS!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Tough town to be a Jet fan, but I bet they treat you a 100% better in the bars than we would treat them in our town.
    I was going to say, trying showing up in a Queens Jets bar with a Red Sox hat or Patriots gear.... the only sh!t catching would be the sh!t catching in your underwear from the stomping you got by the Jets bar.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Tough town to be a Jet fan, but I bet they treat you a 100% better in the bars than we would treat them in our town.
    The 2011 season changed everything. It was at it's worst after the 45-3 game and once we beat them in the playoffs I couldn't find a Pats fan to talk to. You would be surprised man. I have got into a few scraps with **** talking Pats fans. They will throw chicken bones and yell all the regular stuff people dump on Jets fans for. The Giants have a big fan base up here too. They can't talk trash to the Giant fans so when they see a Jets fan they go off.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,438
    Hi Vermont

    I too bleed green. I wear my Jet paraphernalia proudly regardless of what the media has said is in store for us tonight. What the Jets are suffering from is insurmountable, it's the lack of talent across both sides of the ball. I'm not going to blame Sanchez as any QB needs time to pass the ball and some decent WR/TE's to make a case for himself, he has neither. He hasn't had either in two consecutive years and to hoot you brought in a media darling in Tebow to boost your confidence. I hate to see what tonight will bring, but clearly the loosing without talent is going to continue and that may mean more snaps for a QB who isn't exactly a QB. At least when they put Tebow in everyone will finally see and confirm what the rest of the league has known - he isn't a starting QB in the NFL and this ugly trade can be put to bed. What also will happen is Sanchez will have to be released or traded because he will not want to go back after being pulled from his starting position.

    I wish we can have a beer together as misery needs company after tonight.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by SCITSCAT View Post
    Agreed!

    BUT... during the week, we focus on ways to become better, or focus on things that need to be fixed.

    Go JETS!
    Very true man.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    BURLINGTON, VERMONT
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Hi Vermont

    I too bleed green. I wear my Jet paraphernalia proudly regardless of what the media has said is in store for us tonight. What the Jets are suffering from is insurmountable, it's the lack of talent across both sides of the ball. I'm not going to blame Sanchez as any QB needs time to pass the ball and some decent WR/TE's to make a case for himself, he has neither. He hasn't had either in two consecutive years and to hoot you brought in a media darling in Tebow to boost your confidence. I hate to see what tonight will bring, but clearly the loosing without talent is going to continue and that may mean more snaps for a QB who isn't exactly a QB. At least when they put Tebow in everyone will finally see and confirm what the rest of the league has known - he isn't a starting QB in the NFL and this ugly trade can be put to bed. What also will happen is Sanchez will have to be released or traded because he will not want to go back after being pulled from his starting position.

    I wish we can have a beer together as misery needs company after tonight.
    Lets hope for great effort from the boys. Houston is a very good team and they will make their share of plays but if we can find a way to run the ball and stop the run better than we have been it could be a good ball game.

  15. #15
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,400
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    The 2011 season changed everything. It was at it's worst after the 45-3 game and once we beat them in the playoffs I couldn't find a Pats fan to talk to. You would be surprised man. I have got into a few scraps with **** talking Pats fans. They will throw chicken bones and yell all the regular stuff people dump on Jets fans for. The Giants have a big fan base up here too. They can't talk trash to the Giant fans so when they see a Jets fan they go off.
    And yet our overseas Jets fans are finding Monday Night Football to be too much of a drag to watch. More power to you, VJ. Keep fighting the good fight. With all the ghey here in San Francisco; I am always getting into tiffs with bone-throwing Tom Brady fans. Even worse, now the new breed of Niner fan can crow about easily beating the Jets.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    ..but to hope and believe in the Jets. I watch every game to the very end no matter what the score,good or bad. I sit in Patriots bars up here in Vermont and catch $hit all year long about how Rex is a scum bag,Sanchez can't win,Bart Scott takes it up the....well you know and so on.

    But here we sit at 2-2 with our two best players done for the year,we will play with four starters missing on offense tonight and our defense has been far from special. But I care to much to just act like the season is already over. We wait what seems like forever for football season to get here and after the first four weeks most people sound like they are giving up already. I know the odds are against us to do anything this year but I just can't give up. It's not in my DNA.

    I don't agree with everything that Rex does or some of the players Tanny brings in or lets go. But once the ball is kicked off I want my fuc**ng team to WIN!! I could care less who is or is not on the field...find a way to win the game. I remember one of the first Jets games the crushed me was the wildcard game vs the Bills in '81 or '82. I was just a little kid but I was hooked and I have never stopped or lost hope in Gang Green.

    Call me a douche if you will but I'm going to keep fighting as long as there is a trace of the boys getting into the playoffs. And not until that chance is 100% gone will I start to worry about the draft or whats going to happen on the coaching front. I hope to see great effort and passion from the Jets tonight and the rest of the season.. Lets go punch these mother ****ers in the mouth !!!
    Revis is our best player. But who is the second best?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us