Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Namath on Michael Kay....Please Joe Enough!

Joe Namath on Michael Kay....Please Joe Enough!

on with kay and always talking negative.....i know we suck move on and have a drink

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankieGN View Post
    on with kay and always talking negative.....i know we suck move on and have a drink
    Truth...regardless of the source is still truth.

Without Namath...we are the Detroit Lions.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Truth...regardless of the source is still truth.

Without Namath...we are the Detroit Lions.

Love these newbee Jets fans they have no clue. Joe Namath is everything good about the Jets. He says things because he is loyal and loves the Jets.

Veteran
    Why is Namath not teh head coach,,, or even a coach for thast fact,, hum, maybe he is not credible.

Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Love these newbee Jets fans they have no clue. Joe Namath is everything good about the Jets. He says things because he is loyal and loves the Jets.
    not a newbee assface
    he's always negative like he would do better with this team...pleaseeee

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

"There’s one thing about the athlete: You keep telling him how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I’m familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are. It's rather alarming. I think these guys might be believing that they’re better than they are."

--Joe Namath, October 2011

(Joe was a year ahead of the curve, listen to what he says.)

SAR I

Sometimes the truth hurts....

He's spot on..He knows Woody is all about selling tixs (wanting Favre and Tebow) and not about winning

Hall Of Fame
    The end for Sanchez began when he blew Namath off on Hard Knocks.

Namath is the only bright spot this franchise has.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Boynton Beach Jets View Post
    Sorry, have to respond to this. First off, leave the newbies alone.
    Second, I love Joe and what he did for this team over 40 years ago, but that was then.
    It is not that Joe speaks truth or not, it's not that he has the right or not and earned his stripes, it is that Joe has had no governor over the years. Drinking or not, he has shown himself to speak when he should be silent. As the voice of a team/corporation or a figure head, you need to know your limits, when to bite your tongue and use your influence for good rather than bad and Joe has no clue. Joe over the years has grown to be a bitter old negative man. Joe is old school, a worrier, one of the toughest, he can't drink, he's pissed, he can't play, he's pissed, he does not have the money he thinks he deserves, he's pissed. When you have one of your own doing nothing more than ripping your team all the time, it gets old. I sat and watched Joe win us a SB, I have been watching ever since, i just wish Joe would build us up every once in a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Second, I love Joe and what he did for this team over 40 years ago, but that was then.
    It is not that Joe speaks truth or not, it's not that he has the right or not and earned his stripes, it is that Joe has had no governor over the years. Drinking or not, he has shown himself to speak when he should be silent. As the voice of a team/corporation or a figure head, you need to know your limits, when to bite your tongue and use your influence for good rather than bad and Joe has no clue. Joe over the years has grown to be a bitter old negative man. Joe is old school, a worrier, one of the toughest, he can't drink, he's pissed, he can't play, he's pissed, he does not have the money he thinks he deserves, he's pissed. When you have one of your own doing nothing more than ripping your team all the time, it gets old. I sat and watched Joe win us a SB, I have been watching ever since, i just wish Joe would build us up every once in a while.
    Joe talked us up....went to the playoffs in SD and Indy. But he speaks the truth.

Why shouldn't he? not sure of your point. You seem to know him personally? he's pissed? You are his accountant too?

I simply give a life pass to Joe as long as he doesn't personally attack an individual.

beautifully put leftturn3..thank you!

Jets Insider VIP
    Let me get this right, Namath warns a over a year in advance that the Jets are headed in the wrong direction, that they are not developing Sanchez properly and that they are being improperly motivated by their HC and that it will lead to trouble.

Namath turns out to be right on every one of his critiques of the team and their direction as evidenced by the product on the field.

And you are pissed at Namath!!

You can't make it up!!!

Good Grief .....

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    The end for THE JETS FRANCHISE began when THEY blew Namath off PERMANENTLY.

Namath is the only bright spot this franchise has.
    FIXED THAT FOR YOU.

Name me one organization that would NOT involve their ONLY SuperBowl-Winning QB in some capacity with them.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    FIXED THAT FOR YOU.

Name me one organization that would NOT involve their ONLY SuperBowl-Winning QB in some capacity with them.....
    The Jets!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    The Jets!!!!
    EXACTLY.

All Pro
    not a newbee assface
    he's always negative like he would do better with this team...pleaseeee

Dude the Jets have no play makers on offense there oline sucks..... facts are facts....The defense especially their linebackers are old and slow.... Joe Namath is the one who is on our side who bleeds green says the truth.... sorry if the truth hurts. I wish I could say & feel the Jets will win the super bowl, because nobody wants that as much as me

I'm beginning to think that the Turn-around won't happen until the JETS Organization begins to involve(finally) Joe Namath in some capacity and not just as a figurehead.

You have to love Joe Willie. The dude is knows football and gave us our greatest moment in Jet history.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    You have to love Joe Willie. The dude is knows football and gave us our greatest moment in Jet history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by leftturn3 View Post
    Hmmmmm intertesting post since I am a long time Jets fan. What comment did he say on the Kaye show that was incorrect or self-serving?

I'll be waiting....

Good Grief......