Thread: ESPN Pregame--Ripping Tannenbaum and Rex

ESPN Pregame--Ripping Tannenbaum and Rex

I mean I haven't heard a pregame show with so much negativity about a football team then this crew. I happen to agree with them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Since the show started all they've been saying is that Rex and Tanny were ill-prepared and Sanchez does not deserve all of the blame as the rest of the team is bad. Maybe you should logon at ESPN and flame them all like some of us have been flamed for saying the same thing here on JI.

Jets Insider VIP
    While I don't necessarily disagree with them, I do wonder why they never say the same thing when the Jags, Bucs, Rams, etc are playing.

All franchises that have been nothing short of a disaster the past 10 years.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    While I don't necessarily disagree with them, I do wonder why they never say the same thing when the Jags, Bucs, Rams, etc are playing.

All franchises that have been nothing short of a disaster the past 10 years.
    Because the Jags, Bucs and Rams don't play on Monday nights.

ESPN football's coverage is a joke

watch NFLN
    100x better

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Because the Jags, Bucs and Rams don't play on Monday nights.
    Even the scrubs play on Monday now. The Monday night games are no longer the marquee games.

Remember how big a joke ESPN Sunday night football used to be? Monday night is only somewhat better.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Even the scrubs play on Monday now. The Monday night games are no longer the marquee games.

Remember how big a joke ESPN Sunday night football used to be? Monday night is only somewhat better.
    When was the last time those 3 played on Monday?

They are correct and the Jets management needs to hear every word of it. The idea that they would go into a season selling the public that shonne Green and Wayne Hunter were legitimate starters is a disgrace. They wasted an entire offseason and wasted draft picks and millions to acquire a QB that can't throw but can sell jerseys.

And the fans that continue to make excuses for the owner's incompetence deserve the season we are about to endure.

Jets Insider VIP
    When was the last time those 3 played on Monday?
    Ill look it up later, but the Jags definitely played on Monday two years ago and got slaughtered by Kenny Britt and the Titans.

Jets Insider VIP

You might be thinking of the Thursday Night or Sunday Night games, where I think every team is on primetime at least once.

I fear that the only way this franchise moves forward is if we get rid of Bean Counter and the former Mouth. Both are incompetents in their given positions and will never take us to the promise land. Meanwhile, we will continue to wait for a championship------we are quickly becoming the Chicago Cubs of football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    You might be thinking of the Thursday Night or Sunday Night games, where I think every team is on primetime at least once.
    Grrrr

What is wrong with you people, yes you people

The Monday night lineup last year was ATROCIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    They are correct and the Jets management needs to hear every word of it. The idea that they would go into a season selling the public that shonne Green and Wayne Hunter were legitimate starters is a disgrace. They wasted an entire offseason and wasted draft picks and millions to acquire a QB that can't throw but can sell jerseys.

And the fans that continue to make excuses for the owner's incompetence deserve the season we are about to endure.
    Rex and Mr T should be held responsible and they will end up paying with their jobs but make no mistake this owner is incompetent and he will not be gone for a long time, he is the one that insisted on getting tebow and giving up draft picks.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is just 2011, Fish and Locke, you can pm me your apolgies

Week 1: Sep. 12, 7:00 PM, New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins

Week 1: Sep. 12, 10:15 PM, Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Week 2: Sep. 19, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at New York Giants

Week 3: Sep. 26, 8:30 PM, Washington Redskins at Dallas Cowboys

Week 4: Oct. 3, 8:30 PM, Indianapolis Colts at Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Week 5: Oct. 10, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions

Week 6: Oct. 17, 8:30 PM, Miami Dolphins at New York Jets

Week 7: Oct. 24, 8:30 PM, Baltimore Ravens at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 8: Oct. 31, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs

Week 9: Nov. 7, 8:30 PM, Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles

Week 10: Nov. 14, 8:30 PM, Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers

Week 11: Nov. 21, 8:30 PM, Kansas City Chiefs at New England Patriots

Week 12: Nov. 28, 8:30 PM, New York Giants at New Orleans Saints

Week 13: Dec. 5, 8:30 PM, San Diego Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars

Week 14: Dec. 12, 8:30 PM, St. Louis Rams at Seattle Seahawks

Week 15: Dec. 19, 8:30 PM, Pittsburgh Steelers at San Francisco 49ers

Week 16: Dec. 26, 8:30 PM, Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ill look it up later, but the Jags definitely played on Monday two years ago and got slaughtered by Kenny Britt and the Titans.
    I hear ya. Point is their are a few scrub teams and right now we look to be one of them. We get ripped when we're are good so it shouldn't be surprising. Espn is a joke!

Jets Insider VIP
    I hear ya. Point is their are a few scrub teams and right now we look to be one of them. We get ripped when we're are good so it shouldn't be surprising. Espn is a joke!
    It is just frustrating that because we play in NYC we are subject to at least double the scrutiny than every other team.

Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    Rex and Mr T should be held responsible and they will end up paying with their jobs but make no mistake this owner is incompetent and he will not be gone for a long time, he is the one that insisted on getting tebow and giving up draft picks.
    You are 100% correct. Woody Johnson has no football acumen, which is fine, as long as he hires the right football people and let them do their jobs. He has no interest in doing that. He also is so out of touch with his fan base that he thinks he can sell us chicken **** and convince us its chicken salad.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    You are 100% correct. Woody Johnson has no football acumen, which is fine, as long as he hires the right football people and let them do their jobs. He has no interest in doing that. He also is so out of touch with his fan base that he thinks he can sell us chicken **** and convince us its chicken salad.
    I'm not saying trading for Tebow was worth it but, we cut four of our draft picks this year. Who can say the picks would even amount to sh!t any way. Woody was probably thinking that we can't draft so by trading them for Tebow would give the Jets SOMETHING rather than let Trader Mike waste two more picks.

Veteran
    HOLY ****