Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everyone's LAUGHING at us. We're a god damn Joke!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=qbk2GIp9M9I

Lol jees who gives a sh*t? Stop whining. These are the same "experts" who thought wed get blown out vs Houston. Now I don't pay much attention to who's been posting all the negativity lately but I guess many of the same are at it again in this thread and others this week.

Let it go. With almost no weapons the Jets almost beat the spectacular Texans (ha). Posted last week that they may have been overrated and no one agreed.

So does that mean the Jets are hugely underrated?
    Last edited by Mike135; 10-10-2012 at 10:53 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not to pile on Rex but IMHO, he's the reason there's so much attention on any Jets struggles.

You've got a guy blowing his own horn over and over again in a culture (NFL coaches) that normally is pretty low key and it gets attention. If the Jets perform, the medial loves it and Rex is a hero. The problem is that because of all the horn blowing, if you don't produce, the media loves it too because it's a story.

I'm not knocking Rex for his coaching and I'm not putting him down. I just know that in most lines of work, if you brag about yourself over and over again and end up fvcking up, you become the laughing stock of the job. I think most can relate to that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Seriously. We got analysts and the entire football community keeled over with their sides hurting. We're the first 2-0 within the division team to be utterly hopeless.

This isn't the same as being an underdog. We're god damn disaster and EVERYONE knows it. Key just called out Tanny on national television for a horrific job of manager the talent.

I can't wait to see where this fire takes us next.
    Actually weren't the Raiders 1 year 6-0 in the AFC West recently, but were considered jokes, and only ended the season 8-8. So it happens.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Not to pile on Rex but IMHO, he's the reason there's so much attention on any Jets struggles.

You've got a guy blowing his own horn over and over again in a culture (NFL coaches) that normally is pretty low key and it gets attention. If the Jets perform, the medial loves it and Rex is a hero. The problem is that because of all the horn blowing, if you don't produce, the media loves it too because it's a story.

I'm not knocking Rex for his coaching and I'm not putting him down. I just know that in most lines of work, if you brag about yourself over and over again and end up fvcking up, you become the laughing stock of the job. I think most can relate to that.
    Umm this was stated by many out here when Rex first ran his mouth. It is fine so long as you win!!!

Not so much when you lose!!!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously. We got analysts and the entire football community keeled over with their sides hurting. We're the first 2-0 within the division team to be utterly hopeless.

This isn't the same as being an underdog. We're god damn disaster and EVERYONE knows it. Key just called out Tanny on national television for a horrific job of manager the talent.

And this is something new? They've always treated the Jets like that and sometimes justifiably so. 'Ef-em.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Um, we're 2-3. We'll probably finish the first half 4-4. With Keller coming back and with the D having more time to gel, we could easily go 9-7.

Do you remember the 3-13, 1-15, 4-12 years? I do.
    I remember those years all too well. Painful wasn't even the word for that. We've been laughed at before and I am used to it. Perhaps somehow we pull one out of our ass this year. Perhaps we don't. I, for one, am just going to try and enjoy the season and watch alot of football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Where's Rah Rah and Jet_Nut when you need 'em to raise our spirits?

SAR I
    The KOOL AID Club...... members emeritus.

I love the K-Jet type who all of a sudden bring up how the team sucks. No back bone to stay with their conviction.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everytime the camera shows the crowd on Jets game, they always show fans who fit the stereotypical fat/loud/moronic Jet fan. It's like the networks are in on it to make all of us look stupid. I can't stand it when they show Fireman Ed. I don't want that Dolphin fan representing me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    what melodrama!

you're all like a bunch of 13 yo girls, ya Nancies! jeez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    Everytime the camera shows the crowd on Jets game, they always show fans who fit the stereotypical fat/loud/moronic Jet fan. It's like the networks are in on it to make all of us look stupid. I can't stand it when they show Fireman Ed. I don't want that Dolphin fan representing me.
    At least Fireman Ed is cheering for the team and trying to get the crowd involved you know actually cheering for the team, being loud when the Jets are on defense. While the "stereotypical fat/loud/moronic Jet fan" is busy booing the team while the team is still in the game. These are the idiots that everyone is laughing at...

Nothing instills confidence and a will to win like getting booed right?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

I'll probably get pummeled, but I think it goes beyond Rex just blowing his own horn. Personally, I'm tired of hearing how great some of these guys are and they just aren't. He loved Eric Smith. Loved Gholston. Remember Hard Knocks? The team, as a whole, this year. Best ever, possibly. Yeah right. Shonn Greene. There isn't a player who he DOESN'T like. I'm not saying he has to throw anyone under the bus, but he really has to be more realistic about the cards he's holding.

I'm also getting less and less trusting in his overall coaching abilities. I'm seeing some really bad coaching going on, especially against the Texans. And, at the end of the day, he's the HEAD coach. Poor tackling, players out of position, too many/little men on the field, plays not ready, miscommunication, clock management, momentum killing plays (Tebow), players that look like they have cement cleats on, poor route running, sticking with a RB that topples over if you fart in his direction, using RB as a DB and a DB as a WR, etc. It's not ALL his fault, but he is the head coach. It's his job to get this stuff fixed. I'm just not seeing it. Especially when it comes to Tebow. How is it that they STILL don't seem to have a number of plays, at the ready, when it's warranted. If you're going to use the guy, don't do it when Sanchez is on a roll and, conversely, not when Sanchez appears to be struggling a bit. They never keep Tebow in long enough to "warm-up" or get ANY type of rhythm going. OK...it's first down and Tebow runs for a -5 yard gain. Put Sanchez back in to deal with a 2nd and 15 now. I really get the feeling that Rex just puts him in there, sporadically, just to pacify Woody. Either that, or they can't figure out a real role for him yet. It's just maddening.

My faith in Rex is seriously wavering. I could be wrong, but it's something I've felt since training camp and it's been growing since. I hope I'm wrong.

But, like it or not, Rex IS the reason so many are now laughing. If some guy bragged he could bench 300 and is barely able to do 150, you'd laugh at the guy. Call him a clown. If Beli said HALF the crap Rex has, and fared just as well, most of you would be raking him over the coals. Great coaches don't have to boast. They let their action speak louder than their words. JMHO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Did I miss something? Who is the third? Revis, Holmes and . . .
    I believe Baker was a big loss for this team and Sparano's offense, which was compounded by the Keller injury for the first 5 games of the season. Hill has also been out. Baker was going to be a big part of this offense in a TE and H back role.

So, both starting WR's, starting TE, HB/TE/FB that would have been big part of offense have missed most of the start of the season, only Hill and Keller are coming back, and hopefully this week.

Now key injuries on D are mounting up...

Revis, Pouha, Mauga, Ellis. Scott has been playing hurt, Thomas missed a couple weeks already.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The KOOL AID Club...... members emeritus.

I love the K-Jet type who all of a sudden bring up how the team sucks. No back bone to stay with their conviction.
    For somebody who has done nothing but cry his ass off about me posting, being uncivil, and almost begging me to put you on ignore, you sure have been running your mouth like a jackass of late.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    who would you rather they show someone without a stitch of jets gear on not paying attention to the game theres plenty of those.

give it a rest fireman ed is more of a fan than most who ***** moan and complain here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't feel like reading through this entire thread, but in case no one mentioned it... Stuart Scott signed off from the game as follows:

"and that's it from MetLife stadium.. affectionately called New Giants Stadium where the Jets were anything but Giant tonight."

ESPN is hilariously unprofessional. And we lost by 6 points. One eyed prick.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    You think Woody gives a sh*t?

To him, *ANY* Attention his franchise gets is Good attention no matter what type it is.

HE'S ONLY AFTER THE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

That's it. The PSL's thing RUINED any shot of the fans delivering a "message" to him because he's already gotten their money(and the fans can't get it back).

The only way a "message" would be sent is that Jets fans boycott the next season and NOT purchase any PSL's(lots of luck organizing THAT to happen).
    No way; he gets to go to meetings and eat sammiches with Grey Poupon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

you know you aren't really on the team, right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    who would you rather they show someone without a stitch of jets gear on not paying attention to the game theres plenty of those.

give it a rest fireman ed is more of a fan than most who ***** moan and complain here.

"LET ME HEAR YOUUUUUU! LET ME HEAR YOUUUUUU! YOU HEAR WHAT THEY CALLED US? THEY CALLED US CLOWNS. THEY CALLED US CLOWNS. LET ME HEAR YOUUUUU! LET ME HEAR YOUUUU!"

--Firefraud, Pregame Fan "Cheer", Jets vs. Buffalo, 2012

It's like they go out of their way to humiliate us. Rex Ryan, Bold Predictions, Stupid Guarantees, Tim Tebow, Pregame Pep Rally's From Hell, Drunken Halftime Speeches, when will it end?

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

"LET ME HEAR YOUUUUUU! LET ME HEAR YOUUUUUU! YOU HEAR WHAT THEY CALLED US? THEY CALLED US CLOWNS. THEY CALLED US CLOWNS. LET ME HEAR YOUUUUU! LET ME HEAR YOUUUU!"

--Firefraud, Pregame Fan "Cheer", Jets vs. Buffalo, 2012

It's like they go out of their way to humiliate us. Rex Ryan, Bold Predictions, Stupid Guarantees, Tim Tebow, Pregame Pep Rally's From Hell, Drunken Halftime Speeches, when will it end?

SAR I
    when will it end?

when we win a super bowl.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    when will it end?

when we win a super bowl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Xz2meU1Zg&hd=1

I'm in this video. You can see me standing there, talking to the guys behind me as we laugh at Firefraud and his tired act.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-10-2012 at 06:05 PM.