Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-time Assessment: Undermanned but resilient and fighting

Jets Insider VIP

Half-time Assessment: Undermanned but resilient and fighting

What I saw...

1. An ugly start with the Texans marching right down the field for 7-0 lead. I thought the tent might fold right there.

2. The Jets simply can't run the ball. Not sure what they worked on with that concentrated practice focused on rushing the football but it's amounted to a few 3-yard rushes by Greene. The Jets seem to be staying with it though in effort to show balance.

3. The Jets are fighting. I see a resilient group out there that's not giving up, especially after dropping by 7 to start the game. They don't seem to be quitting as evidenced by Powell and Kerley chasing down the INT at the end of the half.

4. The coaches are clearly going for it as well. Fake punt, going for it on 4th down our own half of the field. We're playing to win but we just don't seem to have the bullets in the gun (offensive weapons).

5. This could very easily be 14-10 game at the half. That was a great drive by the Jets at the end of the half with an unfortunate tip and INT.

The Jets simply aren't very good....but they're fighting and that has me pleased. The Texans are a very good team, that's pretty clear.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 10-08-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    What I saw...

1. An ugly start with the Texans marching right down the field for 7-0 lead. I thought the tent might fold right there.

2. The Jets simply can't run the ball. Not sure what they worked on with that concentrating practice focused on rushing the football but it's amounted to a few 3-yard rushes by Greene. The Jets seem to be staying with it though in effort to show balance.

3. The Jets are fighting. I see a resilient group out there that's not giving up, especially after dropping by 7 to start the game. They don't seem to be quitting as evidence by Powell and Kerley chasing down the INT at the end of the half.

4. The coaches are clearly going for it as well. Fake punt, going for it on 4th down our own half of the field. We're playing to win but we just don't seem to have the bullets in the gun (offensive weapons).

5. This could very easily be 14-10 game at the half. That was a great drive by the Jets at the end of the half with an unfortunate tip and INT.

The Jets simply aren't very good....but they're fighting and that has me pleased. The Texans are a very good team, that's pretty clear.
    if you are the texans d and you see who the wrs are, why would you put extra guys in the secondary? make them beat you with the pass.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    if you are the texans d and you see who the wrs are, why would you put extra guys in the secondary? make them beat you with the pass.
    yep.

What I saw...

2. The Jets simply can't run the ball. Not sure what they worked on with that concentrating practice focused on rushing the football but it's amounted to a few 3-yard rushes by Greene. The Jets seem to be staying with it though in effort to show balance.

3. The Jets are fighting. I see a resilient group out there that's not giving up, especially after dropping by 7 to start the game. They don't seem to be quitting as evidence by Powell and Kerley chasing down the INT at the end of the half.

So far they are fighting, the lack of talent and ability is evident. I'm not a Rex fan, but he is coaching this team. But the second half is usually when the meltdown is complete.

Sanchez sucks as always. What is he? Like 9/18 or 8/18 now? He's missed many wide open receivers tonight, just like every games he's played. Sanchez is ruining the teams chances tonight.

All Pro
    I don't expect to win this, or many other games this season. And thats OK... IF, and only IF--

Players step up and separate themselves from the Herde. A purging is on the horizon. I want to see who's going to be part of this team down the road.

Landry?
    Howard?
    Davis?
    Harris?
    Wilson?

These guys need to outplay those around them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sanchez sucks as always. What is he? Like 9/18 or 8/18 now? He's missed many wide open receivers tonight, just like every games he's played. Sanchez is ruining the teams chances tonight.
    Wow. Is that all you talk about?

You're completely obsessed with the guy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

If Sanchez leads Cromartie on the deep ball, that's seven. Sanchez has missed like 5 wide-open long TDs this season with piss poor accuracy.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    If Sanchez leads Cromartie on the deep ball, that's seven. Sanchez has missed like 5 wide-open long TDs this season with piss poor accuracy.
    how much practice time with Cro does he have? Half the receiving corps was unemployed recently. Those misses could be combo of receivers running routes slightly wrong and Sanchize not used to their pace.

All in, I think the jets have done a good job. They are overmatched but fighting. I doubt the Jets have three guys on their roster who would start on offense for the Texans. #tannyfail
    Last edited by Digetydog; 10-08-2012 at 10:41 PM.

He is depressing isn't here. Same old complaining

Ugh, actually NO. But when it is very relevant to the conversation I do bring it up. Sanchez is killing this team as always. And all I am obsessed with is the Jets ridding themselves of Sanchez. He clearly has to go.

Jets Insider VIP
    Ugh, actually NO. But when it is very relevant to the conversation I do bring it up. Sanchez is killing this team as always. And all I am obsessed with is the Jets ridding themselves of Sanchez. He clearly has to go.
    This is the kind of biased hyperbole that makes it difficult to take someone's posts seriously.

If you said he has accuracy issues, hasn't progressed as much as he should have in 3 years, etc. then I'd say....hmm, fair points. But he had thrown the team down the filed and passed for a TD....how was he the guy "killing this team"? What about the Jets D? What about the non-existent running game?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    how much practice time with Cro does he have? Half the receiving corps was unemployed recently. Those misses could be combo of receivers running routes slightly wrong and Sanchize not used to their pace.

All in, I think the jets have done a good job. They are overmatched but fighting. I doubt the Jets have three guys on their roster who would start on offense for the Texans. #tannyfail
    It shouldn't matter with that throw, no one can catch it where he put it.

Jets Insider VIP
    We are playing tough. But i dont c us pulling this off.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We are playing tough. But i dont c us pulling this off.
    This game is about to turn

Well, it's obvious the Jets defense still cannot stop the run. That is complete bullsh*t. The defense has good enough personnel to stop the run and yet they still can't. That's inexcuseable.

Veteran
    Well, it's obvious the Jets defense still cannot stop the run. That is complete bullsh*t. The defense has good enough personnel to stop the run and yet they still can't. That's inexcuseable.
    Well said just as they stuff a 3rd and 1

Quote Originally Posted by bcess View Post
    Well said just as they stuff a 3rd and 1
    You're a f*cking joke. They stuff one 3rd and 1 in the same game where they've been gashed consistently for well over 100 yards, nearly 200, and you've got the audacity to run your mouth about ONE 3rd and 1?

Jets Insider VIP
    You're a f*cking joke. They stuff one 3rd and 1 in the same game where they've been gashed consistently for well over 100 yards, nearly 200, and you've got the audacity to run your mouth about ONE 3rd and 1?
    And I should assume you won't have the audacity to look at Sanchez's 1 TD and two tipped INTs as the cause of the loss?

And I should assume you won't have the audacity to look at Sanchez's 1 TD and two tipped INTs as the cause of the loss?
    I just posted in the other thread that Sanchez has earned a stay of execution for one more week. He's still dead in the water, he just didn't do enough bad things tonight to make a QB change necessary. But it's coming, you can bet your A$$ on that.