Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Typical Sanchez. Now you see me, now you don't.

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247

    Typical Sanchez. Now you see me, now you don't.

    Look at me, I'm completing passes and taking shots downfield. Weeeee. But don't you dare ever count on me to do this regularly...

    Sick of this jolly joker act. This is, to me, ever worse than just flat out Jamarcus'ing. You make everyone around confused;
    Can we count on this guy?
    Is he on this week?
    Will it last a quarter?
    How do we bench someone that is Ok every half a moon?

    Can you imagine playing with, or managing a QB like that?
    Last edited by Paradis; 10-08-2012 at 10:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Look at me, I'm completing passes and taking shots downfield. Weeeee. But don't you dare ever count on me to do this regularly...

    Sick of this jolly joker act. This is, to me, ever worse than just flat out Jamarcus'ing. You make everyone around confused;
    Can we count on this guy?
    Is he this on this week?
    Will it last a quarter?
    How do we bench someone that is Ok every half a moon?

    Can you imagine playing with, or managing a QB like that?
    The team cannot be consistent that way. Sanchez MUST get benched.

  3. #3
    How dare Sanchez play well. Who does he think he is?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    How dare Sanchez play well. Who does he think he is?
    I think I've reached the twilight zone now. YOU actually think Sanchez has played well?

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    How much of the same old song and dance can this team put up with?

    Sanchez is the same QB he was 3 years ago.

    Still makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate. Still shows next to no pocket presence. Still curls up in the fetal position when a defender comes within arms reach.

    When the hell will this team turn the page?

    It's laughable to me that so many think that Tebow could be so much worse.

    Let Tebow play out the year then draft another QB in April.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Geno

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I think I've reached the twilight zone now. YOU actually think Sanchez has played well?
    If you look at the 22 starters on offense a defense you could probably name 15 guys having a worse game than him.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If you look at the 22 starters on offense a defense you could probably name 15 guys having a worse game than him.
    So what? You think because 15 guys may be playing worse, that AUTOMATICALLY makes Sanchez's play good?

    Sorry, but that's not how it works. He's still kissing wide open receivers. His accuracy is f*cking atrocious. He's horribly inconsistent. How much of this sh*t do you actually want to take?

  9. #9
    Very very inconsistent tonight.

    Some good throws, but mainly when he had wide open receivers. His short throws were either behind, high or out of sync.

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    9,092
    Sanchez is playing perfectly for us to end up 2-14. Leave him alone.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Sanchez is playing perfectly for us to end up 2-14. Leave him alone.
    +100000000000000000000000000000

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Can we count on this guy?
    No.

    Obviously.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How much of the same old song and dance can this team put up with?

    Sanchez is the same QB he was 3 years ago.

    Still makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate. Still shows next to no pocket presence. Still curls up in the fetal position when a defender comes within arms reach.

    When the hell will this team turn the page?

    It's laughable to me that so many think that Tebow could be so much worse.

    Let Tebow play out the year then draft another QB in April.
    So he gets nailed on a blindside blitz and he shows no pocket presence? I forgot Sanchez is the only QB who ever gets sacked. I saw him step up in the pocket numerous times and make plays, but he gets no credit for that, right? JJ Watt is a freak, he beat the O line down by himself.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,445
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    So he gets nailed on a blindside blitz and he shows no pocket presence? I saw him step up in the pocket numerous times and make plays, but he gets no credit for that, right? JJ Watt is a freak, he beat the O line down by himself.
    Pocket pressence is not a weakness of Sanchez despite what lots of people like to say. His problem is his irradict throws and inability to throw the deep routes anymore.

    I've been a big sanchez supporter, but the Cromartie throw, the kerley throw, and too many damn bat downs are just too much. We need a new QB, and that QB is not on the roster.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    So what? You think because 15 guys may be playing worse, that AUTOMATICALLY makes Sanchez's play good?

    Sorry, but that's not how it works. He's still kissing wide open receivers. His accuracy is f*cking atrocious. He's horribly inconsistent. How much of this sh*t do you actually want to take?
    Eva's not gonna be happy about that one.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,762
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    So he gets nailed on a blindside blitz and he shows no pocket presence? I saw him step up in the pocket numerous times and make plays, but he gets no credit for that, right? JJ Watt is a freak, he beat the O line down by himself.
    I'm not basing my analysis of Sanchez on one play or one game.

    He's been doing this sh*t since we drafted him. The first two years I could give him a pass. Just chalked it up to a young, inexperienced QB going through the growing pains of the NFL.

    Well, we're in year 4 now and he doesn't seem to have improved at all. If anything, he's regressed.

    He still misses open receivers by a mile on a consistent basis and isn't very decisive at all with the football. He looks totally hesitant and gunshy in the pocket and goes into full blown panic mode anytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.

    And do you think this jerkoff could've maybe learned that throwing towards Watt's side of the line was a bad idea after the first 2-3 times he batted the ball down?

    If you want to keep making excuses for the kid, then that's your MO.

    Me? I came to grips with the fact that Sanchez isn't our longterm QB about 9 months ago.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Eva's not gonna be happy about that one.
    Good play.

    I actually meant MISSING.

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    2,240
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm not basing my analysis of Sanchez on one play or one game.

    He's been doing this sh*t since we drafted him. The first two years I could give him a pass. Just chalked it up to a young, inexperienced QB going through the growing pains of the NFL.

    Well, we're in year 4 now and he doesn't seem to have improved at all. If anything, he's regressed.

    He still misses open receivers by a mile on a consistent basis and isn't very decisive at all with the football. He looks totally hesitant and gunshy in the pocket and goes into full blown panic mode anytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.

    And do you think this jerkoff could've maybe learned that throwing towards Watt's side of the line was a bad idea after the first 2-3 times he batted the ball down?

    If you want to keep making excuses for the kid, then that's your MO.

    Me? I came to grips with the fact that Sanchez isn't our longterm QB about 9 months ago.
    I think Sanchez played pretty well, all things considered. Could he be more consistent? Yes, but he wasn't gun shy tonight. He stood in the pocket and made some good throws. Maybe I'm hoping for something that might never happen, who knows? I think his next team will be happy to surround him with some guys who can catch and see what he's really capable of. Too bad the Jets didn't bother with that.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,247
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I think Sanchez played pretty well, all things considered. Could he be more consistent? Yes, but he wasn't gun shy tonight. He stood in the pocket and made some good throws. Maybe I'm hoping for something that might never happen, who knows? I think his next team will be happy to surround him with some guys who can catch and see what he's really capable of. Too bad the Jets didn't bother with that.
    Ya, old news man. Old fcking news. Looks like this against HOU tonight, right after he layed the greatest egg this side of destiny against SF. It's done. The book is closed. Written. Complete. Final.

    Is he the worst? Absolutely not.

    Is he the answer? Definitely not. He's an average QB - that should he land on SB ready team, can help get them there. He CANNOT eleviate the play of those around him however. He was the right fit when we were ready to make a run in '09 & '10. That is no longer the situation.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Is he the answer? Definitely not. He's an average QB - that should he land on SB ready team, can help get them there. He CANNOT eleviate the play of those around him however. He was the right fit when we were ready to make a run in '09 & '10. That is no longer the situation.
    so what you're saying is his supporting cast is terrible?

    because that's exactly what you're saying.

    and that's sanchez's fault how?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us