Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Typical Sanchez. Now you see me, now you don't.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    so what you're saying is his supporting cast is terrible?

because that's exactly what you're saying.

and that's sanchez's fault how?
    Why am I having to explain this? He has no ability to be a difference maker.

Figure it out. The rest of america has.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Why am I having to explain this? He has no ability to be a difference maker.

Figure it out. The rest of america has.
    right. so because he cannot elevate the play of Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland, Chaz Schillens, and Jason Hill, he has no ability to be a difference maker.

That cast would be winning Superbowls without Mark Sanchez.

How many QBs elevate the play of those around them in the league?

Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Rivers
    The Mannings

6 of 32 and Jet fans think they fall off trees.

75% of the league is Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    right. so because he cannot elevate the play of Clyde Gates, Jeff Cumberland, Chaz Schillens, and Jason Hill, he has no ability to be a difference maker.

That cast would be winning Superbowls without Mark Sanchez.
    i wanted him to be the guy just as bad as you did. believe me.

and yes, his cast stinks. but after 4 years, i have 0 faith he can carry a team at least a few games in the regular season and playoffs which is pretty much what a qb has to do if you ever want to win a superbowl. we need a qb that can take over occasionally. i don't care about this season. its over without holmes and revis. just get a new young qb and start developing him.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post

and yes, his cast stinks. but after 4 years, i have 0 faith he can carry a team at least a few games in the regular season and playoffs which is pretty much what a qb has to do if you ever want to win a superbowl. we need a qb that can take over occasionally. i don't care about this season. its over without holmes and revis. just get a new young qb and start developing him.
    What's Sanchez's playoff record?

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post

he carried that team to how many 4th quarter comebacks? he did what he had to do to get his team to a Superbowl, if only his defense showed up for the first half of the AFCCG.

the guy has the talent. we've all seen it. what you're seeing is an entire team that is somewhat to pretty damn awful right now, with the entire focus and source of that awful play focused on one guy.

is Sanchez playing bad? absolutely. is the team worse? completely.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post

Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Rivers
    The Mannings

I don't need some elite/HOF QB to be content.

I'd be happy as a pig in sh*t with our own Matt Schaub, Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco.

Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Rivers
    The Mannings

Uh what?

Sanchez is in the same class as Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Flacco? Heck even rookies like RG3 or Luck?

You are smoking dope! He's not even as good as Alex Smith is right now.

What's Sanchez's playoff record?
    The QB on this team who has last won a playoff game is not named Mark Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Uh what?

Sanchez is in the same class as Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Stafford, Flacco? Heck even rookies like RG3 or Luck?

well that's the biggest jump i've ever seen.

Uh what?

Sanchez is in the middle of the pack. The point I was making is that very few QBs elevate the players around them. Flacco, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Smith et are surrounded by much better teams.

Swap Sanchez with Smith and see how good Smith is.

Sanchez is in the middle of the pack. The point I was making is that very few QBs elevate the players around them. Flacco, Ryan, Rothlisberger, Smith et are surrounded by much better teams.

Swap Sanchez with Smith and see how good Smith is.
    Bottom of the NFL is not in the middle of the pack. And it's not just this year. His career numbers are bottom of the NFL.

He's at the bottom of the pack. Not in the middle.

Bottom of the NFL is not in the middle of the pack. And it's not just this year. His career numbers are bottom of the NFL.

He's at the bottom of the pack. Not in the middle.
    He's better or the same as these QBs. Basically this is a list I wouldn't do a straight up trade of Sanchez for _____.

Miami
    Buffalo
    Browns
    Bengals
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Eagles
    Vikings
    Bucs
    Cards
    Rams
    49ers
    Seahawks

That's 13 teams I don't take the QB from. None of these guys are distinctly better than Sanchez or deliver this Jet team, as constructed, to the playoffs.

All Pro
    He's better or the same as these QBs. Basically this is a list I wouldn't do a straight up trade of Sanchez for _____.

Miami
    Buffalo
    Browns
    Bengals
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Eagles
    Vikings
    Bucs
    Cards
    Rams
    49ers
    Seahawks

That's 13 teams I don't take the QB from. None of these guys are distinctly better than Sanchez or deliver this Jet team, as constructed, to the playoffs.
    So much wrong.

I'll give you ARZ, SEA, TB, and BUF. THAT'S IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    So much wrong.

I'll give you ARZ, SEA, TB, and BUF. THAT'S IT.
    So the jets would be worlds better with Ponder or Lockler over Sanchez?

So the jets would be worlds better with Ponder or Lockler over Sanchez?
    2nd year players with higher upside. And yeah I think they are doing better so far this year.

Lockler played about 5 games and he's averaging way better than Sanchez for practically a rookie still.

And I like Ponder, a lot. So far this year Ponder is completing at nearly 70% and has a 95.5 QB passer rating 7 touchdowns to only 2 turnovers. That's pretty much elite numbers right there.

So yeah not even a question. Not to mention the fact we are even comparing Sanchez to these guys says a lot in the first place.

2nd year players with higher upside. And yeah I think they are doing better so far this year.

Lockler played about 5 games and he's averaging way better than Sanchez for practically a rookie still.

And I like Ponder, a lot. So far this year Ponder is completing at nearly 70% and has a 95.5 QB passer rating 7 touchdowns to only 2 turnovers. That's pretty much elite numbers right there.

So yeah not even a question. Not to mention the fact we are even comparing Sanchez to these guys says a lot in the first place.
    sanchez never has a game that makes you go 'wow'. his very good games aren't good compared to other qbs. we're all debating this b/c sanchez didn't look terrible last night. some of us are surprised about this. the question is how many more seasons does a 4th year qb get to prove that he can win without great talent around him? at a certain point you have to reboot. fault can be spread around but that doesn't mean you keep a qb who doesn't seem to have it. fault is one thing, but building a franchise shouldn't be based on fault or lack of it.

Practice Squad

Brees
    Brady
    Rodgers
    Rivers
    The Mannings

*Rothlisberger
    *Cutler

*up for debate