Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sparano lost us the game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sparano's play calling was great tonight IMO. Caught a truly great defense off guard several times tonight with perfect play calls at the perfect time.

Like I said, if you want to b*tch about the substitutions tonight, why hadn't you complained about it all season? After all, it's been happening all season.

But all in all, tonight was Sparano's best game with the Jets. He tried EVERYTHING he could to make the Jets win.

sorry to disagree Sparano was awful today the substitutions were horrible , the play calling was terrible running sweeps on 3rd and short running, putting in tebow , they have a play maker in Mcknight an he does not use him and I am sorry the way the use tebow on offense kills the momentum

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Tony didn't call the onside kick. Tony didn't give up 150+ rushing yards to Foster.
    The onside call was brilliant. A gutsy move that should have payed off if we had a WR who could catch the ball.

I agree all we heard this off season was a fast up-tempo offense, all we've seen this season is a slow, drive momentum killing offense.

Rookie
    Sparano's play calling was great tonight IMO. Caught a truly great defense off guard several times tonight with perfect play calls at the perfect time.

Like I said, if you want to b*tch about the substitutions tonight, why hadn't you complained about it all season? After all, it's been happening all season.

But all in all, tonight was Sparano's best game with the Jets. He tried EVERYTHING he could to make the Jets win.
    Many of us have.. guy completely ruins any momentum this terrible offense has with absurd substitutions. Because he has fked it up all season it wasn't a problem tonight? What type of logic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by TimBalls19 View Post
    To be fair. There were some pretty good play calls this game. And we moved the ball alright against one of the best D's in the league with a bunch of ****ty players.
    Finally some sensible posting in this thread. Sparano's sense of timing was off. should've let Tebow stay in the field and run in the td against the tiring Tex D.

Defence hung tough and were very impressive at times. Sanchez needs some legit weapons. Greene's unreliable and basically just a tease at this point. Much better to use Tebow as the rb.

Practice Squad

I havn't *****ed all season simply because when we lose as bad as we did against the steelers and 49ers theres too many things to complain about and i'd rather just keep quiet.. this is my first thread of the season actually and i stand behind what i said, if we played a more conventional offense and let sanchez settle in and keep making plays then we'd probably be celebrating right now. Also I think your crediting Sparano too much when it was our receivers who made some good plays and J. Joseph had an awful game

Quote Originally Posted by Rock48nj View Post
    Many of us have.. guy completely ruins any momentum this terrible offense has with absurd substitutions. Because he has fked it up all season it wasn't a problem tonight? What type of logic is that?
    You're trying to argue here. All I am telling you is the substitutions have been bad all season and have occured in every game this season. With that said, his play calling has been very predictable all season also. Tonight it clearly wasn't. THAT is what makes this his best game as a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    If we are always snapping the ball on 1 or zero seconds how diffucult is it for the defense to cheat?

Poor coaching.
    My wife made that exact point. "Um, don't the Texans know when the snap is coming when the PC is down to 1?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    JJ Watt cost us the game, not Sparano.
    Which is to say our oline sucked

5 games into the season and they can't run the substitute offense on the field in time. Sanchez has the communication helmet and Tebow is on Sparano side. Inexcusable.

Once again the jets D got gashed on the ground. Sanchez played well enough to win - not great but showed some nice touch.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    My wife made that exact point. "Um, don't the Texans know when the snap is coming when the PC is down to 1?"
    That's a good point. What happened to the "up tempo" offense we heard about for the past six months?

No problem with how Sparano called the game.

It's not his fault that Sanchez didn't complete the pass for a td to Cromartie, or that the first long throw Tebow made was dropped, or that Watt deflected a pass inside the 10 and it got int'd and resulted in Houston getting a FG vs the Jets a TD (10 point swing)...

The Jets left a lot of plays on the field, but I think that has more to do with the inability to run the ball consistently and the erratic play of our starting qb.

The defense can't stop the run, but played ok overall.

The subs are a problem, and a big problem, there is no denying that. But as much as I hated the idea of the Tebow package from day one, the use of Tebow has actually gotten better each week. At this rate, he'll be a real offensive weapon by Week 17 in Buffalo.

Jokes aside, in terms of Xs and Os, Sparano called a great game with unarguably awful weapons against a world-class defense. To suggest otherwise is a ridiculous overreaction to a tough loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    The subs are a problem, and a big problem, there is no denying that. But as much as I hated the idea of the Tebow package from day one, the use of Tebow has actually gotten better each week. At this rate, he'll be a real offensive weapon by Week 17 in Buffalo.

Jokes aside, in terms of Xs and Os, Sparano called a great game with unarguably awful weapons against a world-class defense. To suggest otherwise is a ridiculous overreaction to a tough loss.

I think sparano called a good game tonight. Obviously the substitutions is a problem. I honestly think our coaching is a c+ to a b right now. The personnel is thr problem. We have no playmakers and no good players to execute the coaching. Bring sparano in 2 years ago and i think we mightve got over the hump and made it to one of those super bowls

I'm really surprised how unorganized Sparano was tonight. The guy was a HC in this league before, he should know better. Bottom line is Tebow is at worst the 2nd most dynamic offensive player we have (if you want to say Kerley is now 1). So whether he is our starting QB or not, he needs to be on the field more than 10% of our plays.

Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Sporano appears to be a huge downgrade from schottemheimer. That hiring was terrible.
    Please pass the crack pipe.

The offense was very un-organized, partially due to the new personnel but the issue that cost us the most the 2 min warning.

It is inexcusable that we didnt let the clock wind down to the 2 min warning, and get the proper play/personnel in the game for the decidind 3rd down play. There was zero reason to rush there given we had the ball at mid-field, had a time out and had the 2 min warning coming up. Absolutely inexcusable for Rex and Sparano.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The offense was very un-organized, partially due to the new personnel but the issue that cost us the most the 2 min warning.

It is inexcusable that we didnt let the clock wind down to the 2 min warning, and get the proper play/personnel in the game for the decidind 3rd down play. There was zero reason to rush there given we had the ball at mid-field, had a time out and had the 2 min warning coming up. Absolutely inexcusable for Rex and Sparano.
    I can kind of understand the logic. Was 3rd and 18. If you look at it from a standpoint of a 2 down situation, get a quick 10-15 yards and then you have the 2 minute warning to talk about 4th and 3-8.

Rookie
    Our 2 minute offense was horrible and it was directly due to the substitutions and delays with them. No need for Tebow in that last drive ... and it killed any momentum. Same with the McKnight play. I don't necessarily hate the play, just hate it being called at that time. Offense is all about rythem, and we cant get into one with all the back and forth. Bottom line is it cost us 2 very important timeouts.

In crunch time, these substitutions are, in my mind, the same as icing a kicker but instead you are icing the QB.

Practice Squad

Agree with all of the above. The Sanchez apologists just wont admit the bad machine is a bad machine. I counted, Sanchez had only 4 good throws the entire evening. All others (as usual) were inaccurate. You think he would have paid attention to game film and realize JJ Swat has a certain skill-set of tipping passes, adjust to that for goodness sakes.

Tebow comes in, gets first downs, creates excitment and Sanchez deflates it. Be a leader, lead your team into the endzone.

Don't tell me about droped passes. They are usually dropped because Sanchez throws high, behind and sometimes low, never accurate.

Sparano was not the problem, Sanchez is.