Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sparano lost us the game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I can kind of understand the logic. Was 3rd and 18. If you look at it from a standpoint of a 2 down situation, get a quick 10-15 yards and then you have the 2 minute warning to talk about 4th and 3-8.
    I see where you are coming from but, when do we ever get a "quick 10-15"....thats a very hard distance.

I think the play there is get to the warning and get 2 18 yard + plays called, with the right personnel on the field and take 2 quality, composed shots at the first down.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    Our 2 minute offense was horrible and it was directly due to the substitutions and delays with them. No need for Tebow in that last drive ... and it killed any momentum. Same with the McKnight play. I don't necessarily hate the play, just hate it being called at that time. Offense is all about rythem, and we cant get into one with all the back and forth. Bottom line is it cost us 2 very important timeouts.

In crunch time, these substitutions are, in my mind, the same as icing a kicker but instead you are icing the QB.
    Play calling was a mixed bag as some were spot on, but others left you shaking your head saying "WTF" ?

Think some of the sub problems were due to having new faces around, guys who weren't clear on when they should or shouldn't go in.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    I see where you are coming from but, when do we ever get a "quick 10-15"....thats a very hard distance.

I think the play there is get to the warning and get 2 18 yard + plays called, with the right personnel on the field and take 2 quality, composed shots at the first down.
    Well, in fairness, the play was there. Just happens that the pass was a bit off and Cumberland isn't the most athletic. As to the 2 18 yard+ plays idea, I think most coaches would make that 2 down territory as a 18+ yard play is much harder to achieve.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Think some of the sub problems were due to having new faces around, guys who weren't clear on when they should or shouldn't go in.
    Could be ... but because of this, Sparano should know this and be limiting the confusion. He is the OC and HE needs to know the strengths and weaknesses - and if having new faces can create confusion, as an OC it is his responsibility to limit/minimize those options.

Could be ... but because of this, Sparano should know this and be limiting the confusion. He is the OC and HE needs to know the strengths and weaknesses - and if having new faces can create confusion, as an OC it is his responsibility to limit/minimize those options.
    Agreed.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Agree with all of the above. The Sanchez apologists just wont admit the bad machine is a bad machine. I counted, Sanchez had only 4 good throws the entire evening. All others (as usual) were inaccurate. You think he would have paid attention to game film and realize JJ Swat has a certain skill-set of tipping passes, adjust to that for goodness sakes.

Tebow comes in, gets first downs, creates excitment and Sanchez deflates it. Be a leader, lead your team into the endzone.

Don't tell me about droped passes. They are usually dropped because Sanchez throws high, behind and sometimes low, never accurate.

Sparano was not the problem, Sanchez is.
    Not apologizing for Sanchez. Yes his throws are a bit off many times but bottom line:

As a receiver, if it hits your hands you must catch the ball!! .. end of story.

This game is on Sanchez...I have been a supporter of his from the get go and still can't why he can't improve...

1. Misses a wide open Cromartie
    2. Has Kerly wideopen in the endzone as well as Chaz but throws a crappy pass that gets batted down and we settle for a FG.

We are not a great team but our D held them to two TDs and 3 FGs last night. One of the FGs was set up by a interception return. Our ST played great! Our O sucks and everyone is to blame from the coordinator down to the line the RBs WRs and our QB who just can't complete 60% of his passes like any other legit QB...

I have seen enough now of Mark... Career backup at best...

Agree with all of the above. The Sanchez apologists just wont admit the bad machine is a bad machine. I counted, Sanchez had only 4 good throws the entire evening. All others (as usual) were inaccurate. You think he would have paid attention to game film and realize JJ Swat has a certain skill-set of tipping passes, adjust to that for goodness sakes.

Tebow comes in, gets first downs, creates excitment and Sanchez deflates it. Be a leader, lead your team into the endzone.

Don't tell me about droped passes. They are usually dropped because Sanchez throws high, behind and sometimes low, never accurate.

I am baffled by the lack of pump fakes ... Watt would totally jump on the fake and then you have an open lane to throw in .. QB 101

I like sparano.. he has guts.... unfortunately his offensive line is vastly overrated... they can't run block and their pass block....

Our 2 minute offense was horrible and it was directly due to the substitutions and delays with them. No need for Tebow in that last drive ... and it killed any momentum. Same with the McKnight play. I don't necessarily hate the play, just hate it being called at that time. Offense is all about rythem, and we cant get into one with all the back and forth. Bottom line is it cost us 2 very important timeouts.

In crunch time, these substitutions are, in my mind, the same as icing a kicker but instead you are icing the QB.
    Oh, you'd better not tell Jordy that. Jordy knows everything and he claimed very clearly before the game that Sanchez is Joe Montana in the hurry up offense.

Sporano' s timing is awful
    Every time you think there is something happening here comes the oh s*** moment. Number 15 comes on the field and winds up putting Sanchez and the rest of the offense at a loss.
    Why does this have to happen game in and game out
    Wildcat my behind
    Last edited by rangers1; 10-09-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by persiussa View Post
    Sporano appears to be a huge downgrade from schottemheimer. That hiring was terrible.
    you should have a burning dildo inserted in you for posting that.

tipped passes from sanchez and the onside kick lost the game last night not sparano.

Veteran
    Sparano s*cked with Miami and s*cks more with the Jets. I'm sick of his no clue no rhythm offensive schemes. It took him 4 quarters to finally keep Houston D honest with a screen that worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Get on the GENO bus my friend.
    Join the cause!
    Sign me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    This game is on Sanchez...I have been a supporter of his from the get go and still can't why he can't improve...

1. Misses a wide open Cromartie
    2. Has Kerly wideopen in the endzone as well as Chaz but throws a crappy pass that gets batted down and we settle for a FG.

We are not a great team but our D held them to two TDs and 3 FGs last night. One of the FGs was set up by a interception return. Our ST played great! Our O sucks and everyone is to blame from the coordinator down to the line the RBs WRs and our QB who just can't complete 60% of his passes like any other legit QB...

I have seen enough now of Mark... Career backup at best...
    correct in every respect.

You make too much sense...U gonna get flamed for even suggesting Tebow may be good.

Quote Originally Posted by rangers1 View Post
    Sporano' s timing is awful
    Every time you think there is something happening here comes the oh s*** moment. Number 15 comes on the field and winds up putting Sanchez and the rest of the offense at a loss.
    Why does this have to happen game in and game out
    Wildcat my behind
    U mean like after #15 gained 1st down on the fake punt or do U mean after #15 ran 13-yards to the 4-yard line?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    2-14. Stay the course.
    Based on last night.... we will win at least 5 to 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sparano's play calling was great tonight IMO. Caught a truly great defense off guard several times tonight with perfect play calls at the perfect time.

Like I said, if you want to b*tch about the substitutions tonight, why hadn't you complained about it all season? After all, it's been happening all season.

But all in all, tonight was Sparano's best game with the Jets. He tried EVERYTHING he could to make the Jets win.
    Serious? 2nd and goal on the 4 and u bring in Sanchez to throw the ball 2 times! Why not have tebow wildcat 3 times for a touchdown? I would much rather have Tebow at the 4 with 3 plays to get us a touch then Sanchez throwing the ball 3 times!
    He is not using Tebow in the right way and with all his substitutions he is killing us!!!