Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sparano lost us the game tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This complaint is really uncalled for tonight. This is probably the best game Sparano has had since joining the Jets. He pulled out all of the stops and tried desperately to create a spark. The substitutions have been there all season. I don't see why now it's an issue. It's been an issue all season.
    Thank you for this post, now everyone here can truly see how little you really know about the game of football.

OMG we do have the worst fans!
    Are people seriously blaming Sparano?
    OK, I'll give u that he should have kept Tebow on the 4 yard line, completely agree there but as for the rest of the game, the Texans are a REALLY GOOD defense!
    I think they are #1 in the league overall.
    He had the play action with Tebow to Hill, should have been a HUGE GAINER!
    He had the Cromarty play, should have been a HUGE GAINER!
    He had some really nice Kerley routes.
    Had a nice screen called TWICE that Mark effed up & when we did make the play it was Greenes longest of the year!
    Talk about making chicken salad out of chicken sh*t!
    Even the McKnight loss was TOTALLY ON THE OLINE & RECEIVERS!
    We had a 3 WR bunch & an overload with an extra Olineman & we let Brooks Reed or whatever the hell his name is run right between all of them to disrupt Joe & make him jump to the outside!
    Execution was poor, call was good.

There was no communication. The fact we burnt two timeouts figuring out personnel is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    There was no communication. The fact we burnt two timeouts figuring out personnel is pathetic.
    That stuff happens when you have to keep changing players due to injury
    Jets are snake bit this year in the injury area

In the end, Sparano's play calling was a mixed bag so to speak. Some were great, others good, yet others left you asking WTF ??

As people have pointed out, after Tebow took the ball down to the 4 and got 1st and goal, he should have stuck with 1 QB. Either put Sanchez in and let him take 3 shots, or put Tebow in and give him the 3 shots.

Still steaming that apparently, Sparano's creativity with the Wildcat consists of running the very same plays that everyone else has done with the Wildcat. Get on the damned phone, call Urban Meyer and/or Dan Mullen and get some advice from them on Spread Option football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    Gruden was annoying, but he correctly pointed out several times how the absurd amount of substitutions and trickery hurts the offense.
    We had their D gassed out of breath and we took our sweet time on so many occasions.

if that's coaching...it's poor game management.

We. Could have won with better game management.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    In the end, Sparano's play calling was a mixed bag so to speak. Some were great, others good, yet others left you asking WTF ??

As people have pointed out, after Tebow took the ball down to the 4 and got 1st and goal, he should have stuck with 1 QB. Either put Sanchez in and let him take 3 shots, or put Tebow in and give him the 3 shots.

Still steaming that apparently, Sparano's creativity with the Wildcat consists of running the very same plays that everyone else has done with the Wildcat. Get on the damned phone, call Urban Meyer and/or Dan Mullen and get some advice from them on Spread Option football.
    Urban Meyer doesn't run the Wildcat. He runs a spread offense...big difference to those who know. When Tebow was there, he ran the spread option (read option) to play to Tebow's strengths.

Wildcat is what Delaware has run forever and what the Dolphins/Jets are running... same guy in motion, same hand off order, it's just a matter of who gets it. Who gets the ball is determined before the snap of the ball. I'm sure Sparano was exposed to it early in his career since he played and coached at northeast schools that play Delaware.

The spread option (option part) is about reading the defense and making the decision about who gets the ball on the fly...big difference.

Meyer ran the option out of the spread offense when Tebow was there. He did not run the wildcat. He does not run the option part except in certain situations with most QBs. It's a straight spread offense with his typical drop back passing qbs.
    Last edited by CleatMarks; 10-09-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Urban Meyer doesn't run the Wildcat. He runs a spread offense...big difference to those who know. When Tebow was there, he ran the spread option (read option) to play to Tebow's strengths.

Wildcat is what Delaware has run forever and what the Dolphins/Jets are running... same guy in motion, same hand off order, it's just a matter of who gets it. Who gets the ball is determined before the snap of the ball. I'm sure Sparano was exposed to it early in his career since he played and coached at northeast schools that play Delaware.

The spread option (option part) is about reading the defense and making the decision about who gets the ball on the fly...big difference.

Meyer ran the option out of the spread offense when Tebow was there. He did not run the wildcat. He does not run the option part except in certain situations with most QBs. It's a straight spread offense with his typical drop back passing qbs.
    I hope you didn't take your time writing all of that for my benefit, as I'm already well aware of the points you just made

(That said, I appreciate the effort )

Cumberland lost the game for us when he decided to do a Welker in that last drive. Can't believe our FO put all of its eggs into this guy's basket. Meanwhile people call you retarded if say the Jets should sign Plaxico or TO.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Cumberland lost the game for us when he decided to do a Welker in that last drive. Can't believe our FO put all of its eggs into this guy's basket. Meanwhile people call you retarded if say the Jets should sign Plaxico or TO.
    Figures that you'd think that Welker messed up on that pass.

It's fantasy land to think that just because a WR can touch the ball, that it means he should catch it 100% of the time.

Figures that you'd think that Welker messed up on that pass.

It's fantasy land to think that just because a WR can touch the ball, that it means he should catch it 100% of the time.
    It figures because its true.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    It figures because its true.

No, it isn't true. Freaking Steve Young broke the play down on the recap and said that it was a bad throw by Sanchez. He's a freaking HoF QB, so you'd think that he might err on the side of QBs. He didn't.

I'd walk you through a logical argument/proof demonstrating that your position is ignorant, but you wouldn't understand it so there's no reason for me to waste my time.

No, it isn't true. Freaking Steve Young broke the play down on the recap and said that it was a bad throw by Sanchez. He's a freaking HoF QB, so you'd think that he might err on the side of QBs. He didn't.

I'd walk you through a logical argument/proof demonstrating that your position is ignorant, but you wouldn't understand it so there's no reason for me to waste my time.
    Yeah, it was catchable but it would've been a pretty spectacular catch with the fingertips... even then it's likely to get knocked loose before it's physically possible to secure it. The fact that he got his hands on it was impressive in and of itself, there was no reason for Sanchez to miss that pass as badly as he did.