Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sparano lost us the game tonight

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Sparano lost us the game tonight

I am TIRED of seeing ridiculous substitutions stalling our drive every time we have the slightest bit of momentum. We would have 3 timeouts right now and who knows, if we didn't keep taking the ball out of sanchez' hands we'd likely have more points on the board. Its just ridiculous.. It was OK when we had brad smith and we ran 4-5 wildcat plays a game in 09' or 10', but this is just so predictable.. and taking Mark out drains the last ounce of confidence that he has.

THIS IS NOT HOW GAMES ARE WON. Let Tebow do what he does best and be a personal punt protector.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano AND Rex. Fatty's ****ty defense and retarded onside decision are two major culprits in this loss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    wrong thread

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That was the worst called offensive game I've ever seen. Hackett, Schotty, Heimerdinger......nope. Tonight. That was the WORST I have ever seen.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tony didn't call the onside kick. Tony didn't give up 150+ rushing yards to Foster.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed on all counts

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    2-14. Stay the course.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we are always snapping the ball on 1 or zero seconds how diffucult is it for the defense to cheat?

Poor coaching.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    To be fair. There were some pretty good play calls this game. And we moved the ball alright against one of the best D's in the league with a bunch of ****ty players.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    2-14. Stay the course.
    Get on the GENO bus my friend.
    Join the cause!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GangGreen28 View Post
    I am TIRED of seeing ridiculous substitutions stalling our drive every time we have the slightest bit of momentum. We would have 3 timeouts right now and who knows, if we didn't keep taking the ball out of sanchez' hands we'd likely have more points on the board. Its just ridiculous.. It was OK when we had brad smith and we ran 4-5 wildcat plays a game in 09' or 10', but this is just so predictable.. and taking Mark out drains the last ounce of confidence that he has.

THIS IS NOT HOW GAMES ARE WON. Let Tebow do what he does best and be a personal punt protector.
    This complaint is really uncalled for tonight. This is probably the best game Sparano has had since joining the Jets. He pulled out all of the stops and tried desperately to create a spark. The substitutions have been there all season. I don't see why now it's an issue. It's been an issue all season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    JJ Watt cost us the game, not Sparano.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sporano appears to be a huge downgrade from schottemheimer. That hiring was terrible.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    This complaint is really uncalled for tonight. This is probably the best game Sparano has had since joining the Jets. He pulled out all of the stops and tried desperately to create a spark. The substitutions have been there all season. I don't see why now it's an issue. It's been an issue all season.
    +1, the problem is mark who really has trouble completing most throws.

Start Mac.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because he has fked it up before it wasn't an issue tonight? We burnt two timeouts, rushed one terrible play... The burnt timeouts forced us to try and rush another play before the two minute warning which ended up the tipped ball by cumberland.

Not to mention the brilliant play we came out of one of those wasted timeouts with was an option.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You gotta be kidding me??!! His best?!?! How many wasted time outs because he couldn't figure out whether he wanted Tebow or not? How many times when Mark actually made a play he comes our for Tebow to lose 3 yards, or McKnight to lose 10 yards? That was terrible. One of the most mismanaged games I've ever seen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Overall not a bad game called by Sparano but man, he saved his worst for last. He completely stalled the offensive momentum after Greene's best run of the night. And we really could have used those timeouts. That's all on Sparano.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to disagree Sparano was awful today the substitutions were horrible , the play calling was terrible running sweeps on 3rd and short running, putting in tebow , they have a play maker in Mcknight an he does not use him and I am sorry the way the use tebow on offense kills the momentum.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gruden was annoying, but he correctly pointed out several times how the absurd amount of substitutions and trickery hurts the offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sparano's play calling was great tonight IMO. Caught a truly great defense off guard several times tonight with perfect play calls at the perfect time.

Like I said, if you want to b*tch about the substitutions tonight, why hadn't you complained about it all season? After all, it's been happening all season.

But all in all, tonight was Sparano's best game with the Jets. He tried EVERYTHING he could to make the Jets win.