Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrell Owens offers his service to the Jets

I would rather go 2-14 than bring in retreads like TO, Plax and Ocho....

Jets Insider VIP
    we have 8 million to play with and we are short 1 WR, so whats gonna happen? we gonna sign another scrub

Jets Insider VIP
    sign T O is the best option the media is killin us anyway so why not

Don't want the guy but I do know that Jason Hill should be cut before he has his morning coffee this am.

Drops a pass on a great play call early on that could have set the tone.
    Takes a false start later on.

What a jag fest our WR situation is.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    we need wrs. signing the hill types look what you got last night a dropped td pass.

Coach Rex Ryan didn't completely rule out signing free agent WR Terrell Owens during a Tuesday press conference.
    Owens made an open plea to the Jets via Twitter during Monday night's loss to the Texans. "Hey JETS!!! I'm available! I'm ready, willing & able! Call my agent [Jordan Woy] & let's make it happen," Owens tweeted. The Jets are down to three healthy wideouts right now, but Ryan seems content. "You never say never to anything," he said. "You look at your situation. I would assume we'd go with the same crew." The Jets previously brought in the likes of Jason Hill and Clyde Gates instead of giving T.O. a look.
    Last edited by Nike; 10-09-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Rookie
    This would normally be something I would hate.. but given the dearth of talent on O, even in a year where we won't compete for a lombardi its almost needed. There is no justification for the talent level and its something many noted coming into the season.

The New York Daily News, Newsday and ESPN New York all report the Jets have "no interest" in signing free agent Terrell Owens.
    There's a "better chance they bring back Don Maynard," quipped Daily News columnist Gary Myers. Owens took to Twitter to beg the Jets for a job during Monday night's game. The story sprouted legs when coach Rex Ryan refused to rule out any option during Tuesday's press conference. This report confirms T.O. to the Jets is not going to happen.

Ignorance aside, Mark Sanchez and the Jets wide receivers need help on the outside faster than T.O. can run the 40-yard dash at 38-years-old. And a six-time Pro Bowler who’s amassed 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdown catches certainly wouldn't hurt an offense searching for its identity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dear lord people,

This guy is possibly one of the worst human beings in sports, it is not worth it.

NFL teams know this, he is never playing another down in the league again. Period, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Sorry T.O. we have Jason Hill.
    who sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    sign T O is the best option the media is killin us anyway so why not
    Yeah, I love the whole "TO is a dirtbag and will just bring negative attention" argument. Really? Why didn't this FO think of that 7 months ago when they traded for Tim Teaparty and forgot to get any decent WR's and TE's.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    loox like your gunna get your wish!

The ironic thing is 1) our schedule gets alot easier after this week and 2) we're only 2-3 and actually have a realistic shot at a wildcard playoff berth if this team can play effectively but hey moral victories are more important right?

When's the last time this clown caught a ball??

NO to TO.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post

NO to TO.
    he would have certainly caught that ball monday night jason hill dropped.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    he would have certainly caught that ball monday night jason hill dropped.
    Any fan in the stadium could have caught that

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post

NO to TO.
    In the preseason.