Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THIS LOSS IS ON SANCHEZ AND SPARANO

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    hah, like Sanchez or not, he's usually pretty classy and shoulders a lot of blame in his pressers.
    Not the ones I've watched. Klecko said it perfectly...Sanchez has become a "good loser".

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    IF HE THREW THE BALL TO CRO A HAIR MORE INSIDE IT WUDDA BEEN 2 YARDS OUTTA BOUNDS INSTEAD OF 3
    There was no reason to throw the ball where he did because Cro had beaten the DB by a few steps. Sanchez throws it straight and it's six points.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who cares?

This is football, injuries happen.

The Steelers have been missing Polamalu, Harrison, and Woodley for a good chunk of the season and they haven't become totally inept.
    Ok. If you want to disregard losing your best player and other very key players, that's your choice. I won't pretend that those injuries cost us a SB, but they are a huge part of turning an average team into a poor team.

I don think I can blame Sanchez for some freak of nature who batted down two possible touchdowns and a TE not making a catch that a good NFL TE makes.

Sanchez wasn't perfect but he was better than people are makin it out to be.

This game was about missed opportunities. This was about an onside kick going through a Jet WRs hands, a DB not having the experience at WR to get his feet inbounds, confusion with personnel that burned timeouts.

Down 6 with 7+ to play the Jets out thought themselves. They had Houston on their heels and bailed them out by trying to force a Tebow moment and burning a TO giving Houston a chance to gameplan.

It was poor execution. Rex redeemed himself a bit here by having this team of rejected players go toe to toe with the Texans for 4 qtrs
    Last edited by piney; 10-09-2012 at 12:35 AM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    2 lost timeouts in the scheme of an entire 60 minute game is nothing. Poor QB play is an enormous issue in a 60 minute game.
    Mark Sanchez is punch-drunk from lousy coordinators and lousy targets and lousy running games and lousy blocking over the course of the last two years.

He's going to need a solid month of consistent play in all phases of the offense to get his head on straight, restore his confidence.

I want him benched, but not because he sucks. Because it'll ruin him for good if this keeps going.

McElroy. Get him ready. Let the defenses beat the sh-t out of him instead of The Franchise.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Yes.

He can.
    How?

Sanchez is the worst QB in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    I don think I can blame Sanchez for some freak of nature who batted down two possible touchdowns and a TE not making a catch that a good NFL TE makes.

Sanchez wasn't perfect but he was better than people are makin it out to be.

This game was about missed opportunities. This was about an onside kick going through a Jet WRs hands, a DB not having the experience at WR to get his feet inbounds, confusion with personnel that burned timeouts.

Down 6 with 7+ to play the Jets out thought themselves. They had Houston on their heels and bailed them out by trying to force a Tebow moment and burning a TO giving Houston a chance to gameplan.

It was poor execution. Rex redeemed himself a bit here by havin this team of ejected players to toe to toe with the Texans.
    This game was lost when Ryan/Sparano decided to keep playing Tim Tebow Footsie. Putting him in, taking him out, keeping him in with Sanchez, taking Sanchez out.

After every big play Mark made, and he made a bunch, Sparano took him out of rhythm and off the field most times for a diceroll on Tebow who usually got no gain.

Dumb timeouts, stupid playcalling, and of course the failure to recognize in August that this offense was going nowhere all leads to where Mark Sanchez is today.

It's not the QB's fault. He's part of the solution, not the problem.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Velocityvirus View Post
    How?

Sanchez is the worst QB in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst offensive line in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst receiving targets in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst running game in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst offensive coordinator in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst head coach in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by iahawkeyejet View Post
    Ok. If you want to disregard losing your best player and other very key players, that's your choice. I won't pretend that those injuries cost us a SB, but they are a huge part of turning an average team into a poor team.
    I'm not disregarding it, I simply provided an example of a team who is without their TWO best players and haven't gone into the tank because of it.

The Steelers were without Polamalu and Harrison (two former DPOY's) when we played them and they still smacked the sh*t out of us.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm not disregarding it, I simply provided an example of a team who is without their TWO best players and haven't gone into the tank because of it.

The Steelers were without Polamalu and Harrison (two former DPOY's) when we played them and they still smacked the sh*t out of us.
    They have 2 wins. Are they better than the Jets? Yes. They squeezed out the same amount of Wins in their heroic overcoming of those injuries. Also, if you think Harrisln is anywhere near their 2nd best player, you are crazy. I'm sure it was just hyperbole to make a comparison though.
    Last edited by HawkeyeJet; 10-09-2012 at 12:40 AM.

this has been sanchez his whole carrer. he can never hit a reciever on the money. Manning Rogers Brady all hit Cumberland on the #. The Cromartie throw is the same thing. Eli puts a pass to Manningham in the superbowl in the only place he could while sanchez leads his guy out of bounds. This loss isn't all on Sanchez but I dont see him getting any better. He has had 4 years to get it straightend out and has not. And it does not seem that Rex will can Cavanaugh so either Rex gets fired along with his coaches or Sanchez will be the same guy 3 years from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    would have been nice if Cumberland didn't set that INT up like a volleyball waiting to be spiked.

the lost is on the whole team. The defense cant stop a pee wee running back and mark sanchez is not consistent at all. Sparanos play calling is questionable and our run game blows. This is a team loss

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This game was lost when Ryan/Sparano decided to keep playing Tim Tebow Footsie. Putting him in, taking him out, keeping him in with Sanchez, taking Sanchez out.

After every big play Mark made, and he made a bunch, Sparano took him out of rhythm and off the field most times for a diceroll on Tebow who usually got no gain.

Dumb timeouts, stupid playcalling, and of course the failure to recognize in August that this offense was going nowhere all leads to where Mark Sanchez is today.

SAR I

What was infuriating was every time they had something working like the screen passes they would inexplicably shift gears and try to out think Wade and Kubiak instead of letting their players outperform Houston.

It's hard to describe how big of a win this game could have been if they allowed the offense to gel naturally on that 2nd to last drive. Instead they tried to use Tebow, gained a yard, lost a timeout, and forced Sanchez to get a first down with only two plays. How can the guy succeed when you constantly have him facing 3rd and long because you want Tebow to get hit at the line of scrimmage? How many QBs can win when you are constantly taking plays away from them forcing them into low % completion plays because you have 2 plays to get 8-13 yards?

This game could have been a great rallying moment for the team. They would have all improved confidence in their QB and coaches. Instead now they go home thinking everyone is right and that the season is already over. They needed to steal one of the three games from SF, HOU, or NE before the Bye to have any hopes of seeing the playoffs or playing in meaningful games in the 2nd half. This was the game to steal and Rex and The OC squandered it.

I don't think if they won this game they win the division or go to the Super Bowl. But a loss like this could make a team resigned to their fate as dictated by the fans and the media and they could quit. When you make this kind of effort against an opponent much better than you while the world tells you you're going to lose and you come up short because the opportunity was taken away from you by your own coaching staff it lingers. It stays with you much longer than a blowout does.

Yeah..

Let's see...

Both starting WR's out...

4th WR gets hurt in game.

No Keller

Only playing with 3 healthy WR's most of game, 1 who signed with team last week

But the offense should be well oiled machine especially during sub packages and personnel changes in-game

Was at the game, watched fans all like the op make fools of themselves not understanding the game...

Jets Insider VIP
    He has the worst offensive line in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst receiving targets in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst running game in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst offensive coordinator in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.
    He has the worst head coach in the league right now and he has the stats to prove it.

SAR I

You don't watch much football outside of the Jets, do you?

Bewildered Beast
    hah, like Sanchez or not, he's usually pretty classy and shoulders a lot of blame in his pressers.
    My WIFE thinks he's a little *****; what are you talking about? Even Klecko and the SNY guys say that as well. Classy. Oh boy

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Yeah..

Let's see...

Both starting WR's out...

4th WR gets hurt in game.

No Keller

Only playing with 3 healthy WR's most of game, 1 who signed with team last week

But the offense should be well oiled machine especially during sub packages and personnel changes in-game

Was at the game, watched fans all like the op make fools of themselves not understanding the game...

Should you adjust in those situations? Simplify the offense?

SAR I

That's not true. Tebow got a rushing 1st down after one of Sanchez's big bombs and put them in a first and goal, leaving Sanchez with a 2nd and goal situation. Not sure what's there to ***** about that one when it comes to Sanchez. May not have been 1st and goal, but 2nd and goal isn't something to complain about. If anything they shouldn't have taken Tebow out just because 1 play resulted in no gain. He also helped continue a drive on 4th down.

I suspect to you it makes sense to only put in Tebow in **** situations to bail Sanchez and the offense out....

Veteran
    the D had nothing to do with it????? I do not know a what game you where watching but if we could stop the run we win that game, bottom line, the D is to blame 50% here.

Yep, he is totally blaming himself all the way to the bank.