Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aight relax dooshes

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Aight relax dooshes

We just played the best team in the league to a virtual draw without Revis, and without Holmes, Hill or Keller -- Sanchez's top 3 targets. If not for the tip/int at the end of the half, this game is a tossup. Yes, our coaches continue to suck ass, but the schedule lightens up a bit now, and if Rex hasn't lost the team, we could put together a run.

Not a moral victory -- f-ck those -- but just a reality check.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by shakin318 View Post
    Not a moral victory -- f-ck those -- but just a victoire morale.
    FYP

All League
    The problem is that they needed to put forth that effort last week.

Hall Of Fame
    Put together a run? What team are the Jets competing with in the playoffs, lol get real.

Hall Of Fame
    Stick to the hampur.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Green&White51 View Post
    The problem is that they needed to put forth that effort last week.
    They didn't. All I give a sh:t about now is next week.

Rookie
    We just played the best team in the league to a virtual draw without Revis, and without Holmes, Hill or Keller -- Sanchez's top 3 targets. If not for the tip/int at the end of the half, this game is a tossup. Yes, our coaches continue to suck ass, but the schedule lightens up a bit now, and if Rex hasn't lost the team, we could put together a run.

Team never quit....... Outclassed, but didnt quit. I was impressed a bit by the no name receiver core, but for the love of God when is our "franchise QB going to learn passing lanes?" Defense had its moments.... We played like an 8-8 team tonight, without Revis, Hill, Keller, Holmes and every other injured player.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Put together a run? What team are the Jets competing with in the playoffs, lol get real.
    what team were the Giants competing with in the playoffs during week 16 last year?

it's week 5.

All League
    im pretty relaxed

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Hey, feel free to bail on your team in week 5 and root against 'em for the draft picks. That's your prerogative. Wank to your Geno posters til you blister up. I'll keep my hopes alive til the math says it's over.

To each his own.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

We were likely ro be 2-3 no matter what. A lot of flaws for sure, but that was a competitive game. The fact that we are all disappointed about missed opportunities is a good sign.

If keller, hill and pouha are back next week, maybe we get on a roll.

Jets Insider VIP

I agree. We were not Embarassed, played hard and showed character.

I have nothing negative to say...I will wear a JETS shirt in the gym tomorrow.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Stick to the hampur.
    It's my week to corral the whiny b:tches here in the pfail thtrip.

All League
    But can we expect that effort to show up for the rest of the season?

They got called out by Rodgers and they responded. Is that what it's going to take every week for a professional team to have some pride and not lie down?

Rookie
    They continue to get killed by the run. If they had a good not great run defense then it would have been the Jets that had the lead. Still why doesn't Sanchez roll out more often so he can stop getting passes tipped all the time

Not time to panic, but we did not play to a virtual draw. Our special teams significantly outclassed theirs. But they were far better from the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball and were able to outgain and out-possess us by a significant margin.

Jets gave a good showing though on national TV, they weren't embarrassed

This sucks, we could have easily stole this game, a game we had no business being in, it was there for the taking, just a couple of plays not made on our end, frustrating to say the least

It's my week to corral the whiny b:tches here in the pfail thtrip.
    It was nice to see the jets play better, but they did not look like a playoff team by any means.

They still have not improved in the run D, although they did tackle better tonight. The offensive line was a sieve on every 5 or 7 step drop and the texans hardly ever sent more than 4 all night.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Close game, tough one to lose. I feel a lot better now than I did last week though.

Well, there is really no reason to panic as you said. The Jets are simply average. Average in the NFL gets you 8-8. Although without Revis, Keller, Holmes, Hill and Sanchez. They are below average. 6-10. What ??????? Sanchez is still playing??