Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Jets/Texans Attendance: 79,055

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crowd was dull at first, including myself. However, as the game grew on and defensive stands were more impactful, a lot of the crowd was on its feet. The lower level stood for most of the 4th quarter, I was pleasantly surprised given last week's debacle and the overall feeling around the organization and its fanbase.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    The fans were outstanding last night. Packed house and enthusiastic. Just what the arm-chair critics say doesn't happen. The non attendees who constantly criticize the home crowd needs to shut its collective pie hole.
    many of the regular psl owners sold out last night and maybe some of the real fans from the old stadium showed up instead.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I would point out that ESPN jacks its crowd microphone levels while FOX and CBS are notoriously lower, but that would spoil the feel-good about crowd enthusiasm now wouldn't it.

SAR I
    It was quite loud. I was there.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    many of the regular psl owners sold out last night and maybe some of the real fans from the old stadium showed up instead.
    LOL. You're grasping at straws now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they fail to grasp is that the "real fans from the old stadium" are already there, always have been since MetLife opened. They are in PSL seats, they are in the upper deck, or they buy a-la-carte off of StubHub saving themselves money.

The old time fans didn't stop coming to the stadium; they just changed how they get there. Everyone's happy. Except banned posters pretending to dump $60,000 in PSL's under a phony userid.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    i provided you proof psl owners sold out last night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    What they fail to grasp is that the "real fans from the old stadium" are already there, always have been since MetLife opened. They are in PSL seats, they are in the upper deck, or they buy a-la-carte off of StubHub saving themselves money.

The old time fans didn't stop coming to the stadium; they just changed how they get there. Everyone's happy. Except banned posters pretending to dump $60,000 in PSL's under a phony userid.

SAR I
    sar i you seem like an intelligent guy. you continue to accuse me of lieing and being someone else. its getting old just like you're im better than everyone else and i know it all attitude here. please give it up already. thanks

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sold out last night.

And some dad with his kids that couldn't afford decent seats experienced a good game with a great view at a great discount at my expense. I'm ill, couldn't go, recouped $200, some diehard fan got $500 worth of seats.

Why is that a bad thing, -G̶M̶C̶- Nike?

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-09-2012 at 11:35 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not gmc whoever the hell they are?

the attendance was good because of sellouts like you. look at the ticket prices many who wouldnt be able to afford to go did.

lets not make it more than it really is to solidify your "investment gold" psls. big deal you own a psl so do many others including myself.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not gmc whoever the hell they are?

the attendance was good because of sellouts like you. look at the ticket prices many who wouldnt be able to afford to go did.

lets not make it more than it really is to solidify your "investment gold" psls.
    Again, why is that a bad thing?

Jets PSL owner couldn't go, sold tickets at a discount to get a few bucks back, some dad with his boys got to go to the stadium instead, everyone wins.

What you fail to understand is that this is been going on since 1984, as far back as the Giants Stadium days running 25 years to 2009. The difference, and it's a big one, is that instead of a Jets season-ticket holder missing the game and getting the tickets to nobody, there is now a mechanism to make sure that really good fans are able to get in the seats. Get it?

When I lived in New Hampshire and was a season ticket holder for 10 years, all we had was eBay. I lived five hours away, and simply couldn't attend more than five games a year. On average, I would be able to sell two maybe three games a year that's it. The rest of the seats went unsold because there wasn't a place to congregate Jets fans to get the tickets sold efficiently and reasonably. Now, instead of eating $1,500 a year I break even (if the Jets are decent) or eat $600 (if the Jets are weak).

I keep saying this, and maybe this time it will sink in: there are more Jets fans than ever before sitting in the Meadowlands watching the Jets play. PSL's and StubHub work. Everyone's happy except you. Stop whining.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's attendance, people scanned through the gates on a Monday night, cold, dreary, depressing team situation, second of three consecutive home games.

tickets were almost free. i expected a larger turnout than usual on cold dreary night.

the jets actually showed up thats a positive for many season ticket holders including you and i.

stop trying to turn this into a battle of you vs me. im done with it. thanks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    people get tuned up for weeknight games as its usually a younger crowd

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you retarded? What proof? That there were a couple thousand seats listed on stub hub for a MNF game? And that as game time came closer, the prices were dropped? OK Sherlock, do you think you have discovered something enlightening? LOL. That's nothing new. Happens for most MNF, SNF and TNF games. You just pissed away $40,000. You really should shut up. You are making more a fool of yourself, if that's even possible.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's attendance, people scanned through the gates on a Monday night, cold, dreary, depressing team situation, second of three consecutive home games.

tickets were almost free. i expected a larger turnout than usual on cold dreary night.

the jets actually showed up thats a positive for many season ticket holders including you and i.

stop trying to turn this into a battle of you vs me. im done with it. thanks
    If yesterday's game was played in 1990 in Giants Stadium there would have been 20,000 empty seats. Because of StubHub, there were only 3,000.

You don't need to worry about how I spend my fun money. I lost $300 yesterday but good, loyal, loud Jets fans got to go and I made a little back. I'm not in this to make money. The fact that my PSL's will appreciate as the years go by means little because I'm never selling them. Every season ticket holder skips a few games because of family conflicts. Every season ticket holder expects to lose a little money on the games he can't attend.

Enjoy your TV.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you retarded? What proof? That there were a couple thousand seats listed on stub hub for a MNF game? And that as game time came closer, the prices were dropped? OK Sherlock, do you think you have discovered something enlightening? LOL. That's nothing new. Happens for most MNF, SNF and TNF games. You just pissed away $40,000. You really should shut up. You are making more a fool of yourself, if that's even possible.
    +1....you should quit while you are way behind

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it seems to bother you more than me. i lost money so what. you cant take it with you. you go to work and make more. learn from your mistakes.

did you sell your tix to last nights game for $3.00 come on fess up. we are all friends here.

If yesterday's game was played in 1990 in Giants Stadium there would have been 20,000 empty seats. Because of StubHub, there were only 3,000.

You don't need to worry about how I spend my fun money. I lost $300 yesterday but good, loyal, loud Jets fans got to go and I made a little back. I'm not in this to make money. The fact that my PSL's will appreciate as the years go by means little because I'm never selling them. Every season ticket holder skips a few games because of family conflicts. Every season ticket holder expects to lose a little money on the games he can't attend.

Enjoy your TV.

SAR I
    then dont worry how i spend mine. i recouped as we speak $17.5k with the option of recouping another $12.5k you wont be so lucky.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Why do you keep posting misinformation? Listen I'm not saying the place wasn't full last night or that it wasn't a great crowd. I wasn't there as I'm sure you will point out.

However facts are facts, That is not the amt of people scanned through the gate. The NFL does not report no shows. That is the amount of tickets sold. Now how many of those were bought by Woody to avoid a blackout? We'll never know. How many of those were sold by the Jets on 3rd party sites like stubhub? We'll never know.

SAR your act is getting tired. You spam this board trying to defend Jet ticket sales with constant lies and misinformation. Your best value to this board is as an entertainer but seriously you are getting very boring.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt39 View Post
    people get tuned up for weeknight games as its usually a younger crowd
    weeknight games have the highest number of no-shows and the most ticket resales. It can be tough for families with school aged children. I got home at about 12:30. My son gets on the high school bus at 6:45am. Lots of families sell the night games because of this.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Why do you keep posting misinformation? Listen I'm not saying the place wasn't full last night or that it wasn't a great crowd. I wasn't there as I'm sure you will point out.

However facts are facts, That is not the amt of people scanned through the gate. The NFL does not report no shows. That is the amount of tickets sold. Now how many of those were bought by Woody to avoid a blackout? We'll never know. How many of those were sold by the Jets on 3rd party sites like stubhub? We'll never know.

SAR your act is getting tired. You spam this board trying to defend Jet ticket sales with constant lies and misinformation. Your best value to this board is as an entertainer but seriously you are getting very boring.
    it didnt take me long to figure him out. thats why he hates me and accuses me of being someone else.

good post.