Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Jets/Texans Attendance: 79,055

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Tonight's Jets/Texans Attendance: 79,055

That's precisely on our season average, 96% of total occupancy, also on our season average and the average since 2009.

That's attendance, people scanned through the gates on a Monday night, cold, dreary, depressing team situation, second of three consecutive home games.

Falling, the sky is not.

SAR I

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

That's precisely on our season average, 96% of total occupancy, also on our season average and the average since 2009.

That's attendance, people scanned through the gates on a Monday night, cold, dreary, depressing team situation, second of three consecutive home games.

Falling, the sky is not.

SAR I
    I know you and I were going at it a bit about the fans and crowd noise. I thought the fans were great tonight. Super job making noise for the defense !!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by VERMONT JET View Post
    I know you and I were going at it a bit about the fans and crowd noise. I thought the fans were great tonight. Super job making noise for the defense !!
    Agree completely.

And as a one-time-couch-watching-pretzel-eater I can tell you that I was proud of how the fans showed up and how they got into it.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    yea the fans were good. I for one lost my voice. Wish we could have pulled out a W though. Sar I waddup buddy haven't talked to you in a while.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1

Crowd sounded loud and supportive throughout. Good showing!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jets_Fragger View Post
    yea the fans were good. I for one lost my voice. Wish we could have pulled out a W though. Sar I waddup buddy haven't talked to you in a while.
    I'm on the fan IR, nursing a hernia operation back to health.

I'll be there on Sunday for the Colts game.

You going?

SAR I

Hall Of Fame

You going?

SAR I
    I think so yea

Can't wait to finally make it out to a home game next weekend, I'll be loud as hell in section 233!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfansocal View Post
    Can't wait to finally make it out to a home game next weekend, I'll be loud as hell in section 233!
    represent 235 lol

It was packed. Definitely impressive all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by j.man View Post
    It was packed. Definitely impressive all things considered.
    the beat writers on twitter would have you thinking otherwise. posting pictures of an empty upper deck 30+ minutes before kickoff.

but hey, those stories aren't going to write themselves.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Best crowd in quite some time... And i was very critical of our fans after last game... Gotta give credit where it is due - we brought it tonight

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    Best crowd in quite some time... And i was very critical of our fans after last game... Gotta give credit where it is due - we brought it tonight
    I would point out that ESPN jacks its crowd microphone levels while FOX and CBS are notoriously lower, but that would spoil the feel-good about crowd enthusiasm now wouldn't it.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    We were screaming our heads off, It was loud...damn... That INT before the half ended up being the difference, that could have been a huge win

I was amazed by the great atmosphere as compared to the last two home games...

With that said, in my immediate area there were barely any season ticket holders today. Instead, our section had a lot of new faces...but they were LOUD, they stood up like >75% of the game, and in they were definitely a more fun crowd to be around than I'm used to.

Yes, definitely a good crowd last night. Packed and pretty loud on D. I am moving in slow motion today, but it was a great time especially considering the rain held off for our small tailgate....too bad they couldn't pull off the win.

it was the cheapest ticket in town last night. many who wouldnt have gone if that wasnt the case.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Best it has been in a while, however, they seem to still give up after a 1st, or on 2nd down or a big gain they don't realize that D is about PA in the game not yards or big plays, we will get there.

You going?

SAR I
    Hope you are feeling better.

I was there last night and I thought the crowd was great. Looking forward to Sunday, glad you are coming off the IR.

The fans were outstanding last night. Packed house and enthusiastic. Just what the arm-chair critics say doesn't happen. The non attendees who constantly criticize the home crowd needs to shut its collective pie hole.