Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Tonight's Jets/Texans Attendance: 79,055

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Why do you keep posting misinformation? Listen I'm not saying the place wasn't full last night or that it wasn't a great crowd. I wasn't there as I'm sure you will point out.

    However facts are facts, That is not the amt of people scanned through the gate. The NFL does not report no shows. That is the amount of tickets sold. Now how many of those were bought by Woody to avoid a blackout? We'll never know. How many of those were sold by the Jets on 3rd party sites like stubhub? We'll never know.

    SAR your act is getting tired. You spam this board trying to defend Jet ticket sales with constant lies and misinformation. Your best value to this board is as an entertainer but seriously you are getting very boring.
    You're thinking baseball. NFL attendance I believe is scanned entries, not tickets sold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that to be the case.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're thinking baseball. NFL attendance I believe is scanned entries, not tickets sold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that to be the case.
    I am correcting you. You are wrong. Look at Jets attendance figures over the years. Look at a game you knew there were a lot of no shows. You will still see the report of a virtual sell out.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    many of the regular psl owners sold out last night and maybe some of the real fans from the old stadium showed up instead.

    Texans are a great team. Real Class Act. Unlike Jets team. My buddy and two guys to left of me were shouting out to the Players a lot. Of course Jets dont respond ever. Then out of blue right as second half was started we see Arian Foster running towards us, he takes his helmet off as he runs to us, reaches up shakes out hands. Mind you buddy and I are in Jets Jerseys and Jets Hats as well as two other guys. Arian Foster is a cool dude. Around two years ago when Texans played field goal kicker signed balls out of bag and gave them to the kids in our section while game was on.

    Only thing I hate about Texans is it makes it hard to boo them. We had a few very hot texan female fans in our section. Unlike the ravens and pats whose female fans are not exactly model material

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I am correcting you. You are wrong. Look at Jets attendance figures over the years. Look at a game you knew there were a lot of no shows. You will still see the report of a virtual sell out.
    how does this explain teams like Dallas, Denver and New Orleans whose attendance exceeds 100% stadium capacity by several % points? They are not going by ticket sales. Do teams get to choose between turnstile clicks and tickets sold? Seems to be the case, otherwise no team would exceed 100%. Looking for link to show one way or the other. Can't seem to find.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Texans are a great team. Real Class Act. Unlike Jets team. My buddy and two guys to left of me were shouting out to the Players a lot. Of course Jets dont respond ever. Then out of blue right as second half was started we see Arian Foster running towards us, he takes his helmet off as he runs to us, reaches up shakes out hands. Mind you buddy and I are in Jets Jerseys and Jets Hats as well as two other guys. Arian Foster is a cool dude. Around two years ago when Texans played field goal kicker signed balls out of bag and gave them to the kids in our section while game was on.

    Only thing I hate about Texans is it makes it hard to boo them. We had a few very hot texan female fans in our section. Unlike the ravens and pats whose female fans are not exactly model material
    You've never seen female Bills fans have you? If you don't close your eyes, you will turn to stone.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    how does this explain teams like Dallas, Denver and New Orleans whose attendance exceeds 100% stadium capacity by several % points? They are not going by ticket sales. Do teams get to choose between turnstile clicks and tickets sold? Seems to be the case, otherwise no team would exceed 100%. Looking for link to show one way or the other. Can't seem to find.
    Check out Jet preseason attendance figures. You will still see the virtual sell out. Also the Cowboys sell standing room. That could explain the #'s more then 100% seating capacity.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Check out Jet preseason attendance figures. You will still see the virtual sell out. Also the Cowboys sell standing room. That could explain the #'s more then 100% seating capacity.
    thank you for the facts queens jet fan. the same sources are saying the same about preseason games when we all know sometimes there arent 45k in the house. facts and truthful figures have silenced those in denial. thanks again.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    However facts are facts, That is not the amt of people scanned through the gate. The NFL does not report no shows. That is the amount of tickets sold. Now how many of those were bought by Woody to avoid a blackout? We'll never know. How many of those were sold by the Jets on 3rd party sites like stubhub? We'll never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    You're thinking baseball. NFL attendance I believe is scanned entries, not tickets sold. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    I am correcting you. You are wrong. Look at Jets attendance figures over the years. Look at a game you knew there were a lot of no shows. You will still see the report of a virtual sell out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    how does this explain teams like Dallas, Denver and New Orleans whose attendance exceeds 100% stadium capacity by several % points? They are not going by ticket sales. Do teams get to choose between turnstile clicks and tickets sold? Seems to be the case, otherwise no team would exceed 100%. Looking for link to show one way or the other. Can't seem to find.
    Looks like you are correct QJF. I found this (from 2005):

    National League teams announced an actual turnstile count through 1992, MLB spokesman Rich Levin said. But the National League and American League have since consolidated business operations, and Major League Baseball defines attendance as "tickets sold," not "tickets used."

    "It's because of revenue sharing," Levin said. "That's what we use in our official count." (Teams contribute 34% of the revenue they generate, including most ticket and concession revenue, into a pool to be redistributed among teams that generate the fewest dollars.)

    The Times no longer routinely includes attendance in sports stories, because of the discrepancies between actual and announced attendance.

    "In effect, we're intentionally presenting inaccurate information while attributing it to the home team," Sports Editor Bill Dwyre wrote in a memo announcing the change.

    The NBA and NHL announce the number of tickets distributed, adding complimentary tickets -- for players' families, league officials, sponsors and such -- to the number of tickets sold.

    The NFL traditionally has permitted a team to announce whatever attendance figures it chose, including no-shows. However, the league distributed a memo this month encouraging teams to limit their announcement to tickets sold.

    "When no-shows become a significant factor," the memo read, "clubs should respond factually to inquiries from the media."


    Major League Baseball has issued no such directive to its teams. The Dodgers declined to say how many tickets were used -- or how many unused -- for that late July homestand. They also declined to provide a no-show figure for this season, or for last season.
    Looks like teams are free to select whatever they want to use but the league encourages them to use tickets sold instead of turnstile clicks (scanned entries). That could account for Dallas, Denver etc. being over 100%.

  9. #49
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    Why do you keep posting misinformation? Listen I'm not saying the place wasn't full last night or that it wasn't a great crowd. I wasn't there as I'm sure you will point out.

    However facts are facts, That is not the amt of people scanned through the gate. The NFL does not report no shows. That is the amount of tickets sold. Now how many of those were bought by Woody to avoid a blackout? We'll never know. How many of those were sold by the Jets on 3rd party sites like stubhub? We'll never know.

    SAR your act is getting tired. You spam this board trying to defend Jet ticket sales with constant lies and misinformation. Your best value to this board is as an entertainer but seriously you are getting very boring.
    That is not misinformation. Those are actual attendance numbers, not the tickets sold, actual attendance. Fans that came through the door with a piece of paper and a barcode on it.

    What is getting tired are your endless personal attacks. If you have an issue with me take it to PM. If not, and you continue to call me out on my value as an 'entertainer' on this message board, I will report you to the moderators who will take the appropriate action.

    SAR I

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    What they fail to grasp is that the "real fans from the old stadium" are already there, always have been since MetLife opened. They are in PSL seats, they are in the upper deck, or they buy a-la-carte off of StubHub saving themselves money.

    The old time fans didn't stop coming to the stadium; they just changed how they get there. Everyone's happy. Except banned posters pretending to dump $60,000 in PSL's under a phony userid.

    SAR I
    GMC returns?????

  11. #51
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    GMC returns?????
    Was told that that's him, he denies it.

    SAR I

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That is not misinformation. Those are actual attendance numbers, not the tickets sold, actual attendance. Fans that came through the door with a piece of paper and a barcode on it.

    What is getting tired are your endless personal attacks. If you have an issue with me take it to PM. If not, and you continue to call me out on my value as an 'entertainer' on this message board, I will report you to the moderators who will take the appropriate action.

    SAR I
    It is tickets sold in the NFL, they got away for the actual attendance #'s years ago. All sports do it now. The Jets have had 79,088 announced attendance for all three games this year. There were plenty of empty seats in the Upper deck, prob 75% full at the most.

    But who cares, the crowd was good and fired up no matter how hard Sanchez tried to quiet us down with his shaky play. Tailgate was great and it was actually the first time ever I ran out of beer. And not it was not due to people being bombed, just that a lot showed up that I did not expect to be there.... Good night all around, minus the loss...

    Turned to my friends I was with, half way thru the 4th quarter, and said this is why we go to the games...

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    It is tickets sold in the NFL, they got away for the actual attendance #'s years ago. All sports do it now. The Jets have had 79,088 announced attendance for all three games this year. There were plenty of empty seats in the Upper deck, prob 75% full at the most.

    But who cares, the crowd was good and fired up no matter how hard Sanchez tried to quiet us down with his shaky play. Tailgate was great and it was actually the first time ever I ran out of beer. And not it was not due to people being bombed, just that a lot showed up that I did not expect to be there.... Good night all around, minus the loss...

    Turned to my friends I was with, half way thru the 4th quarter, and said this is why we go to the games...
    You're like the canary in the coal mine. The day you stop going is when I know all is completely lost with this team.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    That is not misinformation. Those are actual attendance numbers, not the tickets sold, actual attendance. Fans that came through the door with a piece of paper and a barcode on it.

    What is getting tired are your endless personal attacks. If you have an issue with me take it to PM. If not, and you continue to call me out on my value as an 'entertainer' on this message board, I will report you to the moderators who will take the appropriate action.

    SAR I
    You mean with all the names people call themselves on JI "entertainer" is actionable? Sure bring it on. Report me.

    As DCAT confirmed you are wrong. 100% wrong. The whole theme of this thread is based on misinformation - something you are quite good at spreading and no I will not do it in a pm. It should be public so people can read how wrong you are and what the truth is. This is not an opinion where reasonable people can disagree. This is a fact that there is only one right answer to.

    You owe this board an apology. Man up and admit you were wrong.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Was told that that's him, he denies it.

    SAR I
    I thought so when he was quick to join the anti tailgate group in the crowd noise discussion, which was his mantra as GMC. Plus, who would actually take a $30k haircut??? Could have bought the whole season, sold them at half price and it still would take 5 years of doing that to lose $30k....

  16. #56
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,071
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    I will report you to the moderators who will take the appropriate action.

    SAR I
    Lol, no we wont.

    Nope.

    Absolutely positively never, wont happen.

    Negative.

    Ixshnay on the actionshay.

    Fugghedaboudit

    Not possibly

    -





    -

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You're like the canary in the coal mine. The day you stop going is when I know all is completely lost with this team.
    Totally cracked up with that response... LOL!!

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Totally cracked up with that response... LOL!!
    Hope you had some rum-spiked hot chocolate to go with the Stella last night.

  19. #59
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lol, no we wont.

    Nope.

    Absolutely positively never, wont happen.

    Negative.

    Ixshnay on the actionshay.

    Fugghedaboudit

    Not possibly

    -
    You the boss, it's your world, I only live in it.

    SAR I

  20. #60
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens Jet Fan View Post
    You mean with all the names people call themselves on JI "entertainer" is actionable? Sure bring it on. Report me.

    As DCAT confirmed you are wrong. 100% wrong. The whole theme of this thread is based on misinformation - something you are quite good at spreading and no I will not do it in a pm. It should be public so people can read how wrong you are and what the truth is. This is not an opinion where reasonable people can disagree. This is a fact that there is only one right answer to.

    You owe this board an apology. Man up and admit you were wrong.
    DCAT threw up an article from 2005. Last time I checked it's 2012. Find me something that contradicts the information I posted from NFL.com, ESPN, and Stats Inc.

    I owe this board nothing. And if I did I wouldn't be telling it to a poster that disappears for 10 months at a time and only appears when the Jets are in trouble so he can push his decade-old agenda of a Queens stadium on a handful of PSL owners who didn't quit on the team over a zip code.

    I don't need the mods help. I can enforce the rules all by myself: Getting responses from SAR on Jets Insider is a privilege. You just lost yours.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us