Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has to go!!!

Sanchez has to go!!!

Hello Ive been to this board many times but have decided to finally post. Sanchez time in NY is done after today. With a slightly better qb we win this game. I've been a Sanchez supporter through the worst of times and the good times but this is year 4. This guy can't even complete above 50 percent of his passes. It's unacceptable and all the tebow guys here need to stop. Tebow may be a quick fix to see if we can bring some magic to a far fetched playoff run but definitely not a long term solution. This team is going downhill and we are going into some rebuilding years. The question is does Rex stay or not? I like Rex even though this year our defense is horrible I think mainly due to personnel issues not scheme. The rest of this year is going to be really tough. Sorry if i went on babbling here and excuse myself if I did something wrong with this post.

Jets Insider VIP
    He's not the guy, period.

If Sanchez is always going to need a top notch supporting cast and every unit on offense to be firing on all cylinders week in and week out just to perform at a halfway decent level...then why are we wasting our time?

You can pick up the Jason Campbell's and Kyle Orton's on the cheap in free agency every year to suit that task.

Me? I don't want a gamemanager, which Sanchez really isn't anyway considering how inaccurate and turnover prone he is.

I want a legit franchise QB. And at this point it's pretty damn clear that Sanchez isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He's not the guy, period.

If Sanchez is always going to need a top notch supporting cast and every unit on offense to be firing on all cylinders week in and week out just to perform at a halfway decent level...then why are we wasting our time?

You can pick up the Jason Campbell's and Kyle Orton's on the cheap in free agency every year to suit that task.

Me? I don't want a gamemanager, which Sanchez really isn't anyway considering how inaccurate and turnover prone he is.

I want a legit franchise QB. And at this point it's pretty damn clear that Sanchez isn't one.

I really wanted Sanchez to be the guy but you can't win having your QB throwing 50% completions and scoring TD's in 5% of offensive drives

Jets Insider VIP
    Glad you posted. Nothing wrong with sharing an opinion.

I only partially agree though. Sanchez has been disappointing especially in his 4th year. But if we took Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez away I bet Matt Ryan would be having a tough time. I just don't think we're able to get a fair assessment on Sanchez when he's passing to a bunch of guys who may not play in the NFL beyond this year. Mark just isn't good enough to carry a team, he's just not. But what he's forced to play with right now is atrocious.

I wouldn't say he needs a top notch supporting cast, but he needs something above the Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, Jeff Cumberland, Shonn Greene power unit we run out there every week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    I wouldn't say he needs a top notch supporting cast, but he needs something above the Clyde Gates, Chaz Schillens, Jeff Cumberland, Shonn Greene power unit we run out there every week.
    But what about Rueland and that Pro Bowler Epps?

All League
    He just doesn't have it. Can't put a finger on it but it just hasn't worked out

Unfortunately he's signed through next season so he's probably sticking around

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post

I only partially agree though. Sanchez has been disappointing especially in his 4th year. But if we took Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez away I bet Matt Ryan would be having a tough time. I just don't think we're able to get a fair assessment on Sanchez when he's passing to a bunch of guys who may not play in the NFL beyond this year. Mark just isn't good enough to carry a team, he's just not. But what he's forced to play with right now is atrocious.
    Even with all that said, and I agree unlike most that the talent on this team is awful, you can't make up for the fact that his ball placement is atrocious and that he physically just isn't tall enough to avoid batted passes.

I tend to disagree. A QB in his 4th year even with a horrible supporting cast can still be accurate with his throws and post a completion percentage over 50%. He is way to sparadic (I spelled that wrong) and theres rookie qbs with no experience out there who look way better than him. This is guy we our calling our franchise qb?

I think it comes down to the infamous eye test. I agree Sanchez has no weapons, but do you really see a QB that's ever going to be a top notch QB even if he did have weapons? I know I don't see that.

All these people who blame Sanchez make me laugh. The guy is surrounded by 3rd and 4th stringers at skill positions. Everybody forgets that Peyton Manning was playing poorly before he got injured because his WRs were gone or hurt. A QBs job is to throw the ball to dynamic players who can win one on one matchups. We don't have such players.

Jets Insider VIP

This.

The offense on this team is horrible... just horrible. We have no #1 receiver, our best receiver (a #2) is out for the year. Our best TE can't block for sh!t and has barely seen the field in this year and our O-line can is terrible.

Not really even trying to defend Sanchez here because the offense around him is a friggin' joke.

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    All these people who blame Sanchez make me laugh. The guy is surrounded by 3rd and 4th stringers at skill positions. Everybody forgets that Peyton Manning was playing poorly before he got injured because his WRs were gone or hurt. A QBs job is to throw the ball to dynamic players who can win one on one matchups. We don't have such players.
    Jets WRs win one on one matchups and Sanchez misses them anyway. Kerley wide open on a slant...Schilens wide open in the end zone (both tipped balls) Cro, who isn't even a WR flat out beats a CB and Sanchez ends up throwing the ball too close to the sideline.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I think it comes down to the infamous eye test. I agree Sanchez has no weapons, but do you really see a QB that's ever going to be a top notch QB even if he did have weapons? I know I don't see that.
    I don't see an elite QB even if he had a full compliment of weapons. Sanchez's ceiling is probably top 15 to top 10 in the NFL in his BEST year if surrounded by great talent and an excellent running game.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sanchez is too preocupied with getting his dick wet

Thats why we need the virgin

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Dude, Ryan Tannehill and Brandon f*cking Weeden have looked better than Sanchez over the past 2-3 weeks and they're a couple of rookies throwing to the likes of Greg Little, Mohammed Massaquoi, Brian Hartline and Devon Bess.

Is the supporting cast surrounding Sanchez ideal? No, far from it.

But that doesn't excuse his sh*tty play over the past few weeks.

The kid is in his 4th full season as a starter. All of this "flash every 3 or 4 games and play like sh*t in between" nonsense doesn't fly anymore.

I will not deny that Sanchez has no weapons around him. Thats pretty obvious. I just think that a this point in the season with the defense not being able to stop the run and the offense being inept, Sanchez has not shown me this year or any other year that he is a true franchise qb. I think with next years draft and some major changes in the work this offseason, I think you have to make a change at qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dude, Ryan Tannehill and Brandon f*cking Weeden have looked better than Sanchez over the past 2-3 weeks and they're a couple of rookies throwing to the likes of Greg Little, Mohammed Massaquoi, Brian Hartline and Devon Bess.

Is the supporting cast surrounding Sanchez ideal? No, far from it.

But that doesn't excuse his sh*tty play over the past few weeks.

The kid is in his 4th full season as a starter. All of this "flash every 3 or 4 games and play like sh*t in between" nonsense doesn't fly anymore.
    +1

I don't see an elite QB even if he had a full compliment of weapons. Sanchez's ceiling is probably top 15 to top 10 in the NFL in his BEST year if surrounded by great talent and an excellent running game.
    We didn't draft an elite QB. We drafted a raw QB and we knew it. We don't need him to be top 5.

The guy has been put into more bad situations because of the Tebow package then I can recall. It's hard to have a good completion percentage when your coaches force you into low percentage completion downs.

When the guy has to line up at WR after getting a 1st down. Then take over under center on 2nd and 9 you take a lot of plays away from him. He basically has to throw for a long first down every snap he doesn't hand it off on.

How many QBs could succeed under those conditions?