Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has to go!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    We didn't draft an elite QB. We drafted a raw QB and we knew it. We don't need him to be top 5.
    Problem is, Sanchez isn't even Top 25 at this stage.

Everyone outside of this fanbase knows how sh*tty our QB situation is.

If Sanchez played for any other team out there, everyone on this board would trash him.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    The guy has been put into more bad situations because of the Tebow package then I can recall. It's hard to have a good completion percentage when your coaches force you into low percentage completion downs.

When the guy has to line up at WR after getting a 1st down. Then take over under center on 2nd and 9 you take a lot of plays away from him. He basically has to throw for a long first down every snap he doesn't hand it off on.

How many QBs could succeed under those conditions?
    excuse after excuse after excuse. When do we finally say he is not the guy?? When hes in his 8th year???

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I don't see an elite QB even if he had a full compliment of weapons. Sanchez's ceiling is probably top 15 to top 10 in the NFL in his BEST year if surrounded by great talent and an excellent running game.
    I actually think Sanchez hovered around that 15-20 status the last year or so, but he's definitely regressed. At this point, its much easier to go find another QB rather than build a whole offense around Sanchez PLUS hope he will turn it back around.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    excuse after excuse after excuse. When do we finally say he is not the guy?? When hes in his 8th year???
    So you're saying the jets game plan is a recipe for
    success? Good to know. I didn't realize how good a 2 QB system was.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I think it comes down to the infamous eye test. I agree Sanchez has no weapons, but do you really see a QB that's ever going to be a top notch QB even if he did have weapons? I know I don't see that.
    Alex Smith used to look even worse, with more than Sanchez has now. I don't think Sanchez will ever be a great QB - but I do think that we've yet to really see what his current ceiling is. ANY QB we have a legit shot at drafting isn't going to be able to do anything better with the team in its current state.

agree with OP. at first, I kept holding on to hope because of the glimpses he gave us but after a while, you realize that's all they will ever be, glimpses.

actually some decent analysis on sny after the game about sanchez. after fours years, still throws flat footed. him tracking recievers allowed a bunch of passes to get batted down. those are things he should have corrected by now. if he can't by now, that means he never will.

another great line from sny jets postgame: sanchez is becoming a good loser. always says the right things after a loss, makes you believe in him and pull for him.

i really like mark. i wanted him to be the one. but its over. he's not figuring it out. i don't care if i'm playing wr, an nfl qb shouldn't be under 50% completion. nobody is saying go win the superbowl with this group. just make them look slightly better than they are for a change...

So you're saying the jets game plan is a recipe for
    success? Good to know. I didn't realize how good a 2 QB system was.
    I surely am not saying that the Jets game plan is good at all. But its as simple as this...Cromartie is open and you have to hit him in stride IN BOUNDS. How many damn balls will I see from Sanchez get batted down at the line?? How many over throws will I see? His pocket awareness is poor. This is something a 4th year QB should not be struggling with.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    We didn't draft an elite QB. We drafted a raw QB and we knew it. We don't need him to be top 5.
    But we drafted him top 5. and after 4 years you don't expect him to be raw.

I defended him up and down, and while you can't fault him for the FO's inability to draft talent on offense, you can't blame that on ball placement. It's awful

I surely am not saying that the Jets game plan is good at all. But its as simple as this...Cromartie is open and you have to hit him in stride IN BOUNDS. How many damn balls will I see from Sanchez get batted down at the line?? How many over throws will I see? His pocket awareness is poor. This is something a 4th year QB should not be struggling with.
    You are poorly mistaken if you think replacing Sanchez is the answer. Your picking one or two plays and making them the rule. Couldn't I do that with the countless dropped passes? The pressure he is under?

If you don't look at the whole picture why should I.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Alex Smith used to look even worse, with more than Sanchez has now. I don't think Sanchez will ever be a great QB - but I do think that we've yet to really see what his current ceiling is. ANY QB we have a legit shot at drafting isn't going to be able to do anything better with the team in its current state.
    I think its fair to say our future QB is not currently on this roster. I'd like to see Tebow start at this point, but there's no guarantee he will be the answer.

You are poorly mistaken if you think replacing Sanchez is the answer. Your picking one or two plays and making them the rule. Couldn't I do that with the countless dropped passes? The pressure he is under?

Dude this is his 4th Year!!!! We are not going anywhere this year. Our team is getting old and we are not 1 or two years away from a SB. Why in the world would you keep this guy instead of drafting a QB next year if the opportunity presents itself. How many times as a loyal Jets fan must I subject myself to the excuses. Ive had some every year so far. Enough is enough and the thing that throws it over the top is he cant even complete 50% of his passes. Hes just not NFL starting caliber period and I've been one of his biggest supporters to date but this has gone on too long. The only reason he lasted the first 3 years because the defense always kept them in games. This is not the case this year and one of two more blowouts away the inevitable will happen

All League

The problem is that it isn't one or two times a game anymore. He's not shown any improvement in ball placement what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    The problem is that it isn't one or two times a game anymore. He's not shown any improvement in ball placement what so ever.
    I agree, the mistakes are becoming more and more common now.

Dude this is his 4th Year!!!! We are not going anywhere this year. Our team is getting old and we are not 1 or two years away from a SB. Why in the world would you keep this guy instead of drafting a QB next year if the opportunity presents itself. How many times as a loyal Jets fan must I subject myself to the excuses. Ive had some every year so far. Enough is enough and the thing that throws it over the top is he cant even complete 50% of his passes. Hes just not NFL starting caliber period and I've been one of his biggest supporters to date but this has gone on too long. The only reason he lasted the first 3 years because the defense always kept them in games. This is not the case this year and one of two more blowouts away the inevitable will happen
    If you don't think he is a starting NFL QB then we can't even have a conversations. He is the 2nd best QB in his division for crying out loud.

I would be all for replacing him right away if he was 30. But he is 25. Not over the hill and not a journeyman. How about the 100 other positions we need to see the jets improve on? Like OL and RB and WR?

Why do you guys just want to bring in another QB that you'll want out after 3 years. It is kind boggling. It's like wanting a new paint job on your car when your engine is blown and your tires are flat.

If you don't think he is a starting NFL QB then we can't even have a conversations. He is the 2nd best QB in his division for crying out loud.

I would be all for replacing him right away if he was 30. But he is 25. Not over the hill and not a journeyman. How about the 100 other positions we need to see the jets improve on? Like OL and RB and WR?

Why do you guys just want to bring in another QB that you'll want out after 3 years. It is kind boggling. It's like wanting a new paint job on your car when your engine is blown and your tires are flat.
    It's because the QB is the most important position in the NFL. To use your analogy, the QB is the engine. So you can drive a car without a paint job, as long as you have the engine....vice versa though, you cannot drive the car.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    It's because the QB is the most important position in the NFL. To use your analogy, the QB is the engine. So you can drive a car without a paint job, as long as you have the engine....vice versa though, you cannot drive the car.
    The offensive and defensive lines are the most important part. Look at Dallas.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

He's awful. He had two chances he didn't deserve and threw 2 red zone INTs.

Both INT's deflected

Played with 3 healthy WR's all game, the #3 and #4 with starters out due to injury

No Keller

But it's on Sanchez

So let's put in the guy that doesn't make 70% of the passes Sanchez makes tonight, and give up all together on Sanchez

The offensive and defensive lines are the most important part. Look at Dallas.
    And what exactly has Dallas done lately? They've won 1 playoff game in the past 15 years. If you look at the history of all Super Bowl Champions, most of them have had top 5, at the very least top 10 QBs. Our QB is probably in the bottom 5-7 of the NFL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Both INT's deflected

Played with 3 healthy WR's all game, the #3 and #4 with starters out due to injury

No Keller

But it's on Sanchez

So let's put in the guy that doesn't make 70% of the passes Sanchez makes tonight, and give up all together on Sanchez

So if WRs get open and Sanchez misses them, its not Sanchez's fault since the WR aren't "top quality"?

Kerley, Schilens and Cromartie...YES Antonio Cromartie, all got open on plays and Sanchez missed all 3 badly.