Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez has to go!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    And what exactly has Dallas done lately? They've won 1 playoff game in the past 15 years. If you look at the history of all Super Bowl Champions, most of them have had top 5, at the very least top 10 QBs. Our QB is probably in the bottom 5-7 of the NFL right now.
    These SB champs won sorely because of the QB?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    These SB champs won sorely because of the QB?
    Pretty much. It's not a coincidence. Look at the last 10 Superbowl champions.
    Only 1 QB was not in that top 5-10 range, and that was Brad Johnson back in 2002. That TB had a great defense that year.

2011- Eli
    2010- Rodgers
    2009- Brees
    2008- Roethlisberger
    2007- Eli
    2006- Peyton
    2005- Roethlisberger
    2004- Brady
    2003- Brady
    2002- Brad Johnson

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Both INT's deflected

Played with 3 healthy WR's all game, the #3 and #4 with starters out due to injury

No Keller

But it's on Sanchez

So let's put in the guy that doesn't make 70% of the passes Sanchez makes tonight, and give up all together on Sanchez

Who the hell cares?

Guys like Holmes and Hill were available against Pitt and Miami and Sanchez still looked like trash. Hell, he had Holmes up until the 4th quarter against San Fran and delivered one of his worst performances to date.

Why the hell is it so hard for some of you guys to believe that maybe Sanchez just isn't the guy?

Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB didn't work out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only 1 QB was not in that top 5-10 range, and that was Brad Johnson back in 2002. That TB had a great defense that year.

2011- Eli
    2010- Rodgers
    2009- Brees
    2008- Roethlisberger
    2007- Eli
    2006- Peyton
    2005- Roethlisberger
    2004- Brady
    2003- Brady
    2002- Brad Johnson
    So the giants D had no part in those Superbowls?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you don't think he is a starting NFL QB then we can't even have a conversations. He is the 2nd best QB in his division for crying out loud.

I would be all for replacing him right away if he was 30. But he is 25. Not over the hill and not a journeyman. How about the 100 other positions we need to see the jets improve on? Like OL and RB and WR?

Why do you guys just want to bring in another QB that you'll want out after 3 years. It is kind boggling. It's like wanting a new paint job on your car when your engine is blown and your tires are flat.
    Let me clarify.... Sanchez is a starting qb on a bad team which we are. If we ever want to become a good team again we need to get rid of him. Hes only shown regression and i dont think our 2009 or 2010 defense is coming back to save him anytime soon. N id say hes third best in our division. Id give fitzpatrick a slight edge because theres games where fitzpatrick can go for 300 and 3 tds.
    You will only get one or at the most 2 of those a year from sanchez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

2011- Eli
    2010- Rodgers
    2009- Brees
    2008- Roethlisberger
    2007- Eli
    2006- Peyton
    2005- Roethlisberger
    2004- Brady
    2003- Brady
    2002- Brad Johnson
    At the time:
    Eli had a great running game with Jacobs, Ward & Bradshaw and a D in 07. Dillon rushed for 1600 for Brady in 04 and they also had a great D. Big Ben had a 22 QB rating in Superbowl XL. Was awful. The Packs D was great in 2010 ranked 5. It takes more than just an elite QB to win the big game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Who the hell cares?

Guys like Holmes and Hill were available against Pitt and Miami and Sanchez still looked like trash. Hell, he had Holmes up until the 4th quarter against San Fran and delivered one of his worst performances to date.

Why the hell is it so hard for some of you guys to believe that maybe Sanchez just isn't the guy?

Lord knows it wouldn't be the first time that a 1st round QB didn't work out.
    Because maybe he is the guy and he hasn't benefitted with any consistency at the skill positions either due to roster turnover or injuries or youth and inexperience.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the giants D had no part in those Superbowls?
    Giants D was ranked near the bottom of the league last year, so was their rushing offense btw. They did turn it on in the playoffs, but I think Eli had a lot more to do with their success than the D.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So if WRs get open and Sanchez misses them, its not Sanchez's fault since the WR aren't "top quality"?

Kerley, Schilens and Cromartie...YES Antonio Cromartie, all got open on plays and Sanchez missed all 3 badly.
    Cro was missed badly? On what play?

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez missed him because cro had a couple steps and sanchez threw it out of bounds unnecessarily. He couldve just threw a lil more inside in stride and it wouldve been an easy 6.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Sanchez missed him because cro had a couple steps and sanchez threw it out of bounds unnecessarily. He couldve just threw a lil more inside in stride and it wouldve been an easy 6.
    Wrong, he didn't throw it out I bounds, it was a perfect throw that only the offensive player could catch the ball, an experienced WR know how to use feet and better position body on that sideline pass.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    At the time:
    Eli had a great running game with Jacobs, Ward & Bradshaw and a D in 07. Dillon rushed for 1600 for Brady in 04 and they also had a great D. Big Ben had a 22 QB rating in Superbowl XL. Was awful. The Packs D was great in 2010 ranked 5. It takes more than just an elite QB to win the big game.
    Not really. You used a selective theory to prove your argument. It's inconsistent, IMO. You can take any Superbowl team and use different elements that may have helped an elite QB. Of course there are going to be some teams with elite QBs who also may have a great running game or defense. Not all great QBs will play great in the big game (like you used with Ben). Eli also wasn't great in the '07 SB statistically, but they don't get there if he wasn't lights out in GB in the NFC Championship. Top QBs are exactly what they are, and past 9 champions have had them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong, he didn't throw it out I bounds, it was a perfect throw that only the offensive player could catch the ball, an experienced WR know how to use feet and better position body on that sideline pass.
    The guys on the postgame show even said it was a terrible throw. They kept replaying it over and over. A good throw would have been an easy 6, all he had to do was lead him...but he led Cro out of bounds.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok everyone says he missed on that throw but you are right. Why throw it over there anyway when u couldve hit him in stride inside for the touchdown?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

Are you serious?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    That throw was hardly the worst throw Sanchez made tonight.

I thought his intermediate and short passes were the problem.

They were low trajectory, even after he had a couple of them batted down. He threw behind his receivers or high as much if not more so then he hit them square. And they were out of sync, usually too fast, catching receivers off guard.

On the other spectrum, I thought his bombs took way too long to get there. I won't criticize the accuracy on those, since accuracy is expected to be lower. But he took his time making the throws or didn't put enough zip on them.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    not a Sanchez supporter, but this does not come close to falling on Sanchez's shoulders alone, receivers have to catch and if the D could stop a runner we win hands down.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Jesus Ray, open your eyes a bit. The pass was short, too close to the sideline and pulled Cro out of bounds. An experienced receiver might have toe tapped that catch, but then again, they may not have.

If he had thrown the ball a couple of yards further down the field and actually led Cro, it would have been a TD.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Oh Jesus Ray, open your eyes a bit. The pass was short, too close to the sideline and pulled Cro out of bounds. An experienced receiver might have toe tapped that catch, but then again, they may not have.

If he had thrown the ball a couple of yards further down the field and actually led Cro, it would have been a TD.
    Jesus nothing, I was at the game, I know what I saw. Cro ran a double move route, Sanchez faced a pass rush, the pass wasn't short, it hit him right in stride, and Sanchez threw it before Cro made the 2nd move in his route, and he had a safety in the area, the play by design was a sideline route.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jesus nothing, I was at the game, I know what I saw. Cro ran a double move route, Sanchez faced a pass rush, the pass wasn't short, it hit him right in stride, and Sanchez threw it before Cro made the 2nd move in his route, and he had a safety in the area, the play by design was a sideline route.
    Dude .. He chucked the ball out of bounds ... Gruden killed Sanchez on that throw ...