Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sanchez has to go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Dude .. He chucked the ball out of bounds ... Gruden killed Sanchez on that throw ...
    The play happened right in front of me, the ball hit Crow while he was in bounds, he had now cognisance of where he was on the field, an experienced WR knows how to make that catch. I don't give a crap what Gruden said, half the **** he spews doesn't make sense.

Stop defending Sanchez. That ship has sailed. We have all seen enough of this INT machine. Boot the dunce out the door with his inaccurate arm. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The play happened right in front of me, the ball hit Crow while he was in bounds, he had now cognisance of where he was on the field, an experienced WR knows how to make that catch. I don't give a crap what Gruden said, half the **** he spews doesn't make sense.
    If it happened right in front of you, maybe you did not have a good angle, but you are completely wrong. Cro had a couple of steps on the defender. If Mark leads him, 6 points. Instead, he throws it short and to the sideline. Cro had to break stride, and adjust to the ball on the sideline. The corner started out behind Cro, but when he caught the ball the corner was even or a little in front of Cro. That is how short the pass was. If the defender was stride for stride, then the sideline throw is the one to make. When your guy is 3 yards in front, you lead him. Period.

Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Good QBs hit receivers in stride. Our receivers have to make circus catches as the norm. Mark has no feel, no touch, and no accuracy.

The last interception is all on Mark. He gunned it over Cumberland's head. If he came down with that catch, it would have been a spectacular catch.

It amazes me that you cannot see this. Maybe at the game things happen so fast, and you have such a limited viewing angle, that bad play looks like good play.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    If it happened right in front of you, maybe you did not have a good angle, but you are completely wrong. Cro had a couple of steps on the defender. If Mark leads him, 6 points. Instead, he throws it short and to the sideline. Cro had to break stride, and adjust to the ball on the sideline. The corner started out behind Cro, but when he caught the ball the corner was even or a little in front of Cro. That is how short the pass was. If the defender was stride for stride, then the sideline throw is the one to make. When your guy is 3 yards in front, you lead him. Period.

Unfortunately, this is nothing new. Good QBs hit receivers in stride. Our receivers have to make circus catches as the norm. Mark has no feel, no touch, and no accuracy.

The last interception is all on Mark. He gunned it over Cumberland's head. If he came down with that catch, it would have been a spectacular catch.

It amazes me that you cannot see this. Maybe at the game things happen so fast, and you have such a limited viewing angle, that bad play looks like good play.
    Spectacular catch? No. Just no.

It was a tad high, not even high enough to jump for, slightly above eye level. Right between both of his hands -- he has to catch that ball. It looked like he was setting up a volleyball spike.

All Pro

Lmao so now making Routine Catches are considered Spectacular?? That's sad

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Spectacular catch? No. Just no.

It was a tad high, not even high enough to jump for, slightly above eye level. Right between both of his hands -- he has to catch that ball. It looked like he was setting up a volleyball spike.
    You are right. He did push the ball up like a set before a spike. You know why? Maybe because he expected the ball at the numbers and instead Mark GUNNED IT over his head. As he reacted to get his hands up the ball was almost past him, so his hands hit the ball up.

Maybe our TEs and receivers should run around with their arms extended over their head. Then they might have a chance at catching those high bullets.

But then they would miss the one thrown at their feet, which is the other option Mark seems to like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao so now making Routine Catches are considered Spectacular?? That's sad
    A routine catch is when the QB throws with the proper velocity and locates the ball so that the receiver can catch it in stride and continue to make a football play. Generously, maybe 15% of Marks passes fit that definition.

Everyone *****es about Mark having no weapons. Receivers were open last night. Mark can't hit them consistently, with accuracy. He is not a franchise QB.

If 45% completion ratio is OK, then Tebow should be our QB. At least he can run. I was not a fan of bringing Tebow here, but it seems that Mark has regressed so that Tebow may be the best choice now (I can't beleive I am saying this). Tebows pass to Kerly was the best thrown long ball all night.

You are right. He did push the ball up like a set before a spike. You know why? Maybe because he expected the ball at the numbers and instead Mark GUNNED IT over his head. As he reacted to get his hands up the ball was almost past him, so his hands hit the ball up.

Maybe our TEs and receivers should run around with their arms extended over their head. Then they might have a chance at catching those high bullets.

But then they would miss the one thrown at their feet, which is the other option Mark seems to like.
    These guys get paid to catch. Im sure they practice reflex catching. Not all balls will be caught as you stare at the QB releasing the ball. PLays have to be made by both QB's and receivers especially on a gaming winning last drive. If Cumberland makes that catch, the next 2-3 balls by Mark could be better thrown. But I guess we will never know.

All Pro
    A routine catch is when the QB throws with the proper velocity and locates the ball so that the receiver can catch it in stride and continue to make a football play. Generously, maybe 15% of Marks passes fit that definition.

Everyone *****es about Mark having no weapons. Receivers were open last night. Mark can't hit them consistently, with accuracy. He is not a franchise QB.

If 45% completion ratio is OK, then Tebow should be our QB. At least he can run. I was not a fan of bringing Tebow here, but it seems that Mark has regressed so that Tebow may be the best choice now (I can't beleive I am saying this). Tebows pass to Kerly was the best thrown long ball all night.
    We get it u hate Sanchez . Sanchez does suck I agree. But Cumberland gets paid to catch passes. That is a catch he has to make.. It wasn't a hard catch. Ball was placed where only he can get it. And he didn't .

I'm not gonna sit a fabricate bull**** cause Sanchez sucks.. We all know that but his receivers are terrible. Keller makes that catch last night with ease.

All League
    Sanchez is what he always has been - a guy who, when surrounded by some talent, can be an adequate starter for a team. I don't know why so many of you are freaking out. You should have known what he was when the Jets drafted him.

Hall Of Fame
    The ball to Cormartie was appallingly under thrown. Cromartie had a legitimate 2-3 steps on his coverage and had to put the brakes on massively to even be in the same zip code as the throw. Was it maybe a hair wide? I dunno, maybe. I think Ray is right that a top WR maybe could have caught that and stayed in bounds but it would have been a highlight reel catch if he did. The real problem once again was the inability of Mark Sanchez to throw a deep ball to a receiver in stride.

Cumberland was very open on the final offensive play too and yet another awful throw is responsible for that pick.

sanchez threw tipped passes all night he never adjusted and he continually throws behind wrs. on the long pass to kerley he had to wait for the ball in stride he catches and scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez threw tipped passes all night he never adjusted and he continually throws behind wrs. on the long pass to kerley he had to wait for the ball in stride he catches and scores.
    That is absolutely not true on the Kerley catch. There is no way he takes that to the house. If you want to betcha bout a play, bitvhch about Greene not getting more yards on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Alex Smith used to look even worse, with more than Sanchez has now. I don't think Sanchez will ever be a great QB - but I do think that we've yet to really see what his current ceiling is. ANY QB we have a legit shot at drafting isn't going to be able to do anything better with the team in its current state.
    No he didn't, and the 49ers were never as good as the jets were his first 3 years. In his 4th year he had a 60% completion percentage and 18 td 12 int ratio. Granted He was dinged up a lot, he was never VERY good until hegot a coach that understood his game. He got a hell of a lot of bad press becasue he was the #1 pick and did not live up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by red75bronco View Post
    That is absolutely not true on the Kerley catch. There is no way he takes that to the house. If you want to betcha bout a play, bitvhch about Greene not getting more yards on the screen.
    kerley had to stop and wait for the the ball it is absolutely true.

Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    These guys get paid to catch. Im sure they practice reflex catching. Not all balls will be caught as you stare at the QB releasing the ball. PLays have to be made by both QB's and receivers especially on a gaming winning last drive. If Cumberland makes that catch, the next 2-3 balls by Mark could be better thrown. But I guess we will never know.
    And Mark gets paid to throw. He does it poorly. At crucial moments, should we depend on our "franchise" QB, the 5th pick in the draft, with a full 3 and a quarter seasons as a starting QB to make the right throw, or should we depend on our UDFA backup TE to make a difficult catch?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    We get it u hate Sanchez . Sanchez does suck I agree. But Cumberland gets paid to catch passes. That is a catch he has to make.. It wasn't a hard catch. Ball was placed where only he can get it. And he didn't .

I'm not gonna sit a fabricate bull**** cause Sanchez sucks.. We all know that but his receivers are terrible. Keller makes that catch last night with ease.
    1) I don't hate anyone. Up until this year I was a Sanchez supporter. Unfortunately he has regressed in his 4th year. He is lost out there.

2) It was a hard catch, on ANOTHER poorly thrown ball.

Jesus nothing, I was at the game, I know what I saw. Cro ran a double move route, Sanchez faced a pass rush, the pass wasn't short, it hit him right in stride, and Sanchez threw it before Cro made the 2nd move in his route, and he had a safety in the area, the play by design was a sideline route.
    I don't even want to debate that one particular pass, even though Cro had the type of separation Sanchez ALWAYS saw at USC, guy can't even hit passes like that anymore.

The Jets, as always, went for the big back page splash, they wanted Sanchez on a billboard in Times Square. That was my first fear the second they drafted him. Also, per Bill Parcells, if you look at the data, the most successful QBs at the NFL level have been 4 year starters in college. The NFL is too fast for someone with little experience to learn. Why couldn't Sanchez win the starting job earlier at SC?

The guy is not starter material, even in his 4th year. He might be the most inaccurate QB I've ever seen at this level. No wait Tebow is, who does he play for? All those tipped passes, sailing a ball 20 feet over the head of a receiver with no pressure and that WR being wide open? Enough is enough.

You need a Franchise QB to win a SB, that's not debatable. The Jets better get on that before they lose lots of fan base.

Without a top ranked D providing camouflage for the many short comings of Mark Sanchez, this is a 10 Loss per year team going out forever, as long as they keep Sanchez around.

The biggest question is will the Jet FO cut ties with Sanchez soon or will they do the typical Jet thing and not want to own up to their Huge mistake...named Mark Sanchez?

All League
    Both INT's deflected

Played with 3 healthy WR's all game, the #3 and #4 with starters out due to injury

No Keller

But it's on Sanchez

So let's put in the guy that doesn't make 70% of the passes Sanchez makes tonight, and give up all together on Sanchez

Better recievers arn't going to help those deflections. He's shown poor mechanics once again as he extends his left foot so far out that he drops nearly half a foot in height and swings his right elbow out to the point where his throws become erratic. At 6'3" he needs to take every opportunity to maximize what little height he has, yet mechanically he's become even more lazy with every snap. Balls will continue to be batted down unless he corrects this. But so far it doesn't seem like it's going to click.

Edit: even 60% of his passes would help. Or even make the damn play when needed and I'll forget that damn completion percentage