Thread: We lost against 3 legit superbowl contenders ... RE LAX ...

We lost against 3 legit superbowl contenders ... RE LAX ...

Not saying all is going to be fine but some of you are acting like this season is lost cause we can't beat 3 legit superbowl contenders. The schedule was rough ... New system, new dumb OC, no RB, O Line has new protection assignments and add that with all the injuries from Revis and Tone ....(Hill, Keller) what the hell did any of you expect? We had a chance to win today and could have won but that team is loaded both defensively and offensively. That might be the best all around team in the league and we hung with them. Chill out ... Not being a homer here but if you had higher expectations and expected us to run over these guys today then shame on you. Learn more about your team.

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Not saying all is going to be fine but some of you are acting like this season is lost cause we can't beat 3 legit superbowl contenders. The schedule was rough ... New system, new dumb OC, no RB, O Line has new protection assignments and add that with all the injuries from Revis and Tone ....(Hill, Keller) what the hell did any of you expect? We had a chance to win today and could have won but that team is loaded both defensively and offensively. That might be the best all around team in the league and we hung with them. Chill out ... Not being a homer here but if you had higher expectations and expected us to run over these guys today then shame on you. Learn more about your team.
    Even without injuries this team's ceiling was going to 9-10 wins and a wildcard spot. Rex keeps spoon feeding us crap on how this is the best D he's had, best team, etc. etc. It raises our expectations to if we don't win it is that much more discouraging.

the season is lost. I dont know if youve watched the games but we cant stop the run for the life of us and we have no running game. On top of that our QB play is bad with no receivers to throw to. You tell me how the season is not lost

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Super Bowl should not be even mentioned on this forum.

The Steelers are a marginal contender at best, half their D is hurt and they didn't even have Mendenhall when we played them. The Raiders beat them the following week. I'm OK with what happened tonight, but there's no good reason to think any team on our schedule for the remainder of the year is a gimmie. Miami looks better than us. The Bills might be as bad as us, but is that something to hang our hats on? What do people think is going to happen when we go to Foxboro in a couple weeks? I'm not even sure we'll score a single TD on offense against any of the NFC West teams, we were already shut out by the Niners.

This has nothing to do with tonight, the team was poorly constructed months ago and our franchise QB has regressed to the point where he is currently the lowest rated passer in the league. I can drink green kool-aid on occasion, but not with this team.

Also, let's face it, if we were Colts fans, we'd already be marking off this week's game as a win.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The Steelers are a marginal contender at best, half their D is hurt and they didn't even have Mendenhall when we played them. The Raiders beat them the following week. I'm OK with what happened tonight, but there's no good reason to think any team on our schedule for the remainder of the year is a gimmie. Miami looks better than us. The Bills might be as bad as us, but is that something to hang our hats on? What do people think is going to happen when we go to Foxboro in a couple weeks? I'm not even sure we'll score a single TD on offense against any of the NFC West teams, we were already shut out by the Niners.

This has nothing to do with tonight, the team was poorly constructed months ago and our franchise QB has regressed to the point where he is currently the lowest rated passer in the league. I can drink green kool-aid on occasion, but not with this team.

This team was constructed horribly ... agree there. Lack of upgrades offensively to surround Sanchez with any real playmakers or home run hitters is something that has me considering moving on from Tanny. When you see Atlanta upgrade some positions with Vet signings and then move up to draft Julio Jones and Matt Ryan throws this guy an 11 yard crossing pattern and he breaks away for 60 yards ... its no need to wonder why they gave up so much to get a guy like that. There were plenty of skill players in the last 2-3 years for us to go up and get or even try to sign. Instead we wasted a whole lot of money on Tone, Hunter, stuck with Keller as #1 TE when we could have at least brought in another one ... drafted Kyle, Mo, Coples ... which in all honesty we could have found value players like Mo and Kyle in round 2,3,4 or even vet free agency. To think of all the RB's, TE's, receivers we could have gotten in the past 3 years or even O Linemen and we straight up just drafted these guys and gotten the same value in the mid-rounds if we were smart. This is just pathetic. Still bad signings ruin your franchise. It happened to the Redskins and Cowboys. We're headed to that territory. Santonio and Hunter's signings were colossal failures on our part. The Revis injury is tragic bad drafting and player development along with not upgrading at RB properly or improving the O line has set this franchise back a huge deal. Tanny has to take the heat for this.