Thread: Why does the Jets OC always seem to be outsmarting himself?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does the Jets OC always seem to be outsmarting himself?

We saw it for years with Schotty.

Now we're starting to see those same trends with Sparano. Too many fancy plays. Too much trying to do what's not expected. You have talent, use it in a way that maximizes your advantage!

What I think proves my point most is the substitution of Tebow late in the game in the red zone. It was after a big pass play and we brought him in. He blows into the second level for 10+ yards.

What does Sparano do? Take him out.

Why get fancy? No huddle, get Tebow the ball again.

This is a game of momentum, and our coaches clearly have no idea how to play that momentum. When you have something that works, pick up the tempo and just jam it down the defenses throat until they prove they can stop it. The Patriots do this to perfection. Our guys seem to think that slowing down the momentum is going to trick them somehow. Really what it does is let the defenders get their head back in the game. You need to have them reeling.

/rant

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Dimes View Post
    We saw it for years with Schotty.

Now we're starting to see those same trends with Sparano. Too many fancy plays. Too much trying to do what's not expected. You have talent, use it in a way that maximizes your advantage!

What I think proves my point most is the substitution of Tebow late in the game in the red zone. It was after a big pass play and we brought him in. He blows into the second level for 10+ yards.

What does Sparano do? Take him out.

Why get fancy? No huddle, get Tebow the ball again.

This is a game of momentum, and our coaches clearly have no idea how to play that momentum. When you have something that works, pick up the tempo and just jam it down the defenses throat until they prove they can stop it. The Patriots do this to perfection. Our guys seem to think that slowing down the momentum is going to trick them somehow. Really what it does is let the defenders get their head back in the game. You need to have them reeling.

/rant
    It's really difficult to analyze what the hell is going on with him and this coaching staff. They don't use Tebow in the right situations. The bread and butter of having Tebow is short yardage plays, and they never use him on those plays.