Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez NOT the PROBLEM

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this kid is so lost right now. It looks like he has zero confidence. I just don't know what to think about him for the future. Do you get rid of him and start new or do you surround him with talent? I have a fear, that even with a ton of talent around him, it might just get wasted. I just don't know anymore. Also, I don't think I have ever seen any QB with as many deflected INTs than Sanchez. I would say he probably leads the league or is somewhere in the top 5 in that category since his rookie year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    We came within 6 points of beating the best team in football. That's a huge turnaround IMO. With the schedule going forward and hopefully some of our key players returning, I'm thinking we can get the wildcard. Need to see the TV version as I was at the game but I'm pretty happy with what we played.
    And they did it with a patchwork WR unit, and without the primary TE.

I get there are no moral victories, losing is losing, but the media hacks, the clowns at ESPN, and any other news outlet worked overtime to spew the Jets as a joke, and gave the team no chance last night, and the Jets stayed right with one of the top teams in football and did it with an injury depleted roster. I saw a team that was prepared from a game planning standpoint, that made adjustments in-game, there were still mistakes, mental errors, the TO's due to sub packages, but that is all to be expected when the team has had so much turnover each week on the active 46 with so many injuries.

The one thing I wanted to see was a team that played hard, that showed heart, and wanted to show the nation that they aren't giving up on the season despite the injuries and responded to the game last week, and especially a team that responded to Ryan and the preparation going into last night's game, I saw that, and for that, I was happy. Losing still sucks, and there is still more work to do, obviously with many of the new players they are integrating into the roles on the team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    our offense have hands of stone
    Last edited by ColonelForbin; 10-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez can be a servicable qb..... in the right system, with good protection..... he is not a great athlete and he doesn't have a cannon for an arm..... He has talent and can win in this league.. He is throwing the ball downfield more this year and that is good. he needs to....

unfortunately the jets offensive line can run block or pass block...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Don't be a clown

The INT's were deflected, the fumble was from a hit from behind, the TD out of bounds play to Crow as mentioned in the other thread is BS. I could care less about the comp % when he is playing with a patchwork WR unit and without his primary TE. The balls batted down are by Watts, he does this to a LOT of QB's...
    Sanchez has shown a penchant for throwing low passes and barely clearing the LOS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's my dilemma -- if we get rid of Sanchez, I assume it's to draft another QB in the first round. What would that kid have around him? Unless you think we're getting another Andrew Luck, we'd be asking the kid to work magic right out of the box.

If we traded for a QB (assuming someone would get rid of a QB considerably better than Sanchez) we're still giving up draft picks which in hindsight hasn't been the best approach for us. If we're rolling the dice with a waiver QB, I'd rather just keep Sanchez.

Maybe we have one offensively-focused draft? One season where we stock up on that side of the ball? Another potentially-stud WR to go with Kerley/Hill? Strengthen the OL? Get a playmaking RB? Of course the draft picks may not pan out, but I'd rather not waste one of those picks on a QB unless we fall into an Aaron Rodgers scenario, and even then the guy didn't play for years.

I'm not a Sanchez apologist, I'm just tired of starting over every 5 years. Unless he totally collapses, I'm willing to wait one more year and see if he can start to get with guys like Hill, Cumberland, Kerley and even Schillens (who's gonna be an asset if he can stay on the field). It's not a rosy forecast -- just trying to make the best of a not-so-hot situation . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    aside from ALL the EFFING dropped passes, we played with heart. i'll take a loss with heart over an embarrassing blowout with swagger any day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Sanchez has shown a penchant for throwing low passes and barely clearing the LOS
    Drew Brees has the most batted down passes over the last five years, I believe.

Unfortunately, Sanchez is no Brees. But the point is, batted down passes can be tolerated if the others are productive. We've yet to see that consistently from Sanchez . . .

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez stares down his receivers so much that if his throws were more accurate he'd have twice as many INTs.

The batted balls at the LOS last night was not because Watts is other worldly.

Sanchez may not be the whole problem but he sure as **** ain't the answer either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Drew Brees has the most batted down passes over the last five years, I believe.

Unfortunately, Sanchez is no Brees. But the point is, batted down passes can be tolerated if the others are productive. We've yet to see that consistently from Sanchez . . .
    Sanchez is to Brees as dog **** is to filet mignon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post
    Sanchez stares down his receivers so much that if his throws were more accurate he'd have twice as many INTs.

Yea because Sanchez is the only qb Watt has done that too.. They had a highlight tape of watt tipping balls of qbs all over the league. Sanchez was no different than every other qb that faced Watt this year.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frostlich View Post

Sanchez may not be the whole problem but he sure as **** ain't the answer either.
    So its a good thing that he sucks, otherwise he would suck more. This that your theory? Probably accurate. Not like Sanchez accurate, though.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'm just tired of starting over every 5 years. Unless he totally collapses, I'm willing to wait one more year and see if he can start to get with guys like Hill, Cumberland, Kerley and even Schillens (who's gonna be an asset if he can stay on the field). It's not a rosy forecast -- just trying to make the best of a not-so-hot situation . . .
    If we can't get a real offense going, do we have a choice?

The window is closing for a lot of this team's key players. The O line is long in the tooth. Holmes is not spring chicken. Greene has taken a pounding.

On defense, brainless Cromartie is, Thomas, Scott, are also aging veterans, If we can't get it together within the next couple of weeks, I think it's time to face the fact that this team will need a complete overhaul.

Now I agree you don't have to start with Sanchez, but the rebuilding has to start. It begins with a real GM with an eye for talent, along with organizational discipline. The plan may have to include divesting of veterans while you can still get something for them.

Next year could well be very ugly, and that may be the correct play at this point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Sanchez can be a servicable qb..... in the right system, with good protection..... he is not a great athlete and he doesn't have a cannon for an arm..... He has talent and can win in this league.. He is throwing the ball downfield more this year and that is good. he needs to....

unfortunately the jets offensive line can run block or pass block...
    That is a fair assesement of Sanchez, and if he were a 3rd-5th rd Qb it would be somewhat comforting. But considering he's the 5th pick in a draft, it's pathetic. This pick will set the Jets back another 3-4 years until they find the next "franchise" qb, hopefully chosen by a new front office.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    And they did it with a patchwork WR unit, and without the primary TE.

I get there are no moral victories, losing is losing, but the media hacks, the clowns at ESPN, and any other news outlet worked overtime to spew the Jets as a joke, and gave the team no chance last night, and the Jets stayed right with one of the top teams in football and did it with an injury depleted roster. I saw a team that was prepared from a game planning standpoint, that made adjustments in-game, there were still mistakes, mental errors, the TO's due to sub packages, but that is all to be expected when the team has had so much turnover each week on the active 46 with so many injuries.

The one thing I wanted to see was a team that played hard, that showed heart, and wanted to show the nation that they aren't giving up on the season despite the injuries and responded to the game last week, and especially a team that responded to Ryan and the preparation going into last night's game, I saw that, and for that, I was happy. Losing still sucks, and there is still more work to do, obviously with many of the new players they are integrating into the roles on the team.
    Best post I've read so far in all the threads about last night. Think about... Hill and Gates were not even on the roster in week one, but they are on the field for the NYJ's. I thought Sanchez played about as well as he could with what he had to work with. The throw to Cromartie was the only bad throw I would like to have ack but then again I could name about 15 players not on the Jets that would have made that catch.
    The team that played last night will beat the Colts, the one against the Niners will not.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watt made a great play on the deflection on the pass to Kerley, watch the play, he got his hand up late, very late, and he dove to make the play, this is a trademark for Watt, he's done this to a lot of QB's.

The second deflection on the final drive, the pass to Cumberland, Cumberland has to make that catch.

The one pass I wasn't happy with was on the screen to Cromartie after he ran motion and swtiched sides of the field, that play would have put up big yardage, Sanchez has to put more air on the ball in that situation.
    Watch the play again, he telegraphs his passes on every play. Watt is not even rushing, hes just reading Sanchez's eyes. That's why he couldn't even complete the last pass of the game with no one covering. The guy never looks off a wr, do you think its a coincedence that his passes keep getting deflected. I agree with you that his weapons are depleted, but at this point Brandon Weeden has the same problem and looks better than Sanchez. Sanchez is in year 4, not year 1.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez is not a really good QB and at the same time he does not suck. He had a ceiling to be an above average QB in the NFL and a floor to be a bust. By all accounts he is a hard worker, so IMO the fact that he has not even approached his ceiling and is quickly plummeting to his floor, is on the Jets front office and coaching staff. His QB coach has been Matt Cavanaugh, who is so terrible at his job that the coaching staff has decided to keep him as far away from Sanchez as possible. Cavanaugh should hand his paycheck over to Sporano who has assumed all of the duties of a QB coach. His WRs have changed every season (even during the season with a mid season acquisition of Edwards and Holmes sitting a 4 game suspension in his first year). Plus, IMO in each year the WR corps has become less talented. The Jets do not have a RB who can catch the ball out of the backfield. And the front office refused to deal with the glaring weakness at RT (what would the team look like if the front office used the $ spent on Tebow's cap space on a veteran RT?)

IMO Sanchez is not the future QB of the Jets, but as far as fault goes, I would apportion it 20% on Sanchez and 80% on the Jets. I can not see this team as currently constituted as having any chance of winning in the NFL. Woody needs to decide what changes need to be made at GM and HC. My advice would be to raid the Steelers for a new GM -- they have a knack for drafting athletic studs who can play football - and tell Rex that he gets Zero say in personnel. From this point forward, he coaches the players he is given, and he has 3 years to prove himself, provided the team improves in each of the 3 years.

It is time to rebuild, again. There are no shortcuts, every championship is the culmination of years of hard work.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    honestly when u are surrounded by awful and decreasing tallent and told one thin and yet then told to do another the problem is the fromt office lack of capable play calling and coherent play calling everyone said we were going to het smoked tonight although we lost i was interested in the game the whole time our line is slow small and barely capable outr D schemes seem to be made up by azz backwards coaching i think this team needs to sit in a room and say listen you are old you aint playing as much you have this you have thtat go from there we have 0 play makers other than Kerley and McKnight who flashes other than that ha;j put O is getting massaged every week instead of suiting up playing through the pain....**** that game was suppose to ne a blow out we killed our se;ves not calling a TO at 40 seconds and Rushining mark to throw....
    Allhis INTs have been from good b all out Shiet talent cant handle ...please give it up we klost all playmakers and blaming one guy ehough already
    Did the surrounding/decreasing talent tell Sanchez to throw 17 incompletions? Did the surrounding/decreasing talent make Sanchez throw the ball erratically? I rest my case.

Enough of this crap. He's earned a spot on the bench. He earned it HIMSELF by playing like sh*t. There's been plenty of other 4th year QB's with far worse situations than ours that still knew how to complete more than 50% of their passes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wha game were you watching?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

I knew this would happen. People making the same boatload of excuses for Sanchez that they did at the end of last year.

I thought this was the year that the excuses were supposed to end?

That it was time for Sanchez to put up or shut up and carry his ass to the bench.

Over the offseason, everyone was talking about how he had a new demeanor, gained some muscle mass, improved his footwork, etc.

Well, he still looks as lost as ever.

You can blame the supporting cast all you want. Fact is, Sanchez still makes stupid mistakes at an alarming rate and still can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Pennington didn't even get this kind of support from this fanbase and at least he proved to be an efficient QB when healthy.