Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez NOT the PROBLEM

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket

Sanchez NOT the PROBLEM

honestly when u are surrounded by awful and decreasing tallent and told one thin and yet then told to do another the problem is the fromt office lack of capable play calling and coherent play calling everyone said we were going to het smoked tonight although we lost i was interested in the game the whole time our line is slow small and barely capable outr D schemes seem to be made up by azz backwards coaching i think this team needs to sit in a room and say listen you are old you aint playing as much you have this you have thtat go from there we have 0 play makers other than Kerley and McKnight who flashes other than that ha;j put O is getting massaged every week instead of suiting up playing through the pain....**** that game was suppose to ne a blow out we killed our se;ves not calling a TO at 40 seconds and Rushining mark to throw....
    Allhis INTs have been from good b all out Shiet talent cant handle ...please give it up we klost all playmakers and blaming one guy ehough already

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    honestly when u are surrounded by awful and decreasing tallent and told one thin and yet then told to do another the problem is the fromt office lack of capable play calling and coherent play calling everyone said we were going to het smoked tonight although we lost i was interested in the game the whole time our line is slow small and barely capable outr D schemes seem to be made up by azz backwards coaching i think this team needs to sit in a room and say listen you are old you aint playing as much you have this you have thtat go from there we have 0 play makers other than Kerley and McKnight who flashes other than that ha;j put O is getting massaged every week instead of suiting up playing through the pain....**** that game was suppose to ne a blow out we killed our se;ves not calling a TO at 40 seconds and Rushining mark to throw....
    Allhis INTs have been from good b all out Shiet talent cant handle ...please give it up we klost all playmakers and blaming one guy ehough already
    2 INTs one in the red zone ... 1 tD ... 1 Fumble ( luckily recovered ) ... Chucking a sure TD out of bounds ... Numerous balls batted down ... Under 50% completion ... Again ....

Not to mention sacks ...

... Nah it wasn't Sanchez's fault ... Its all on the waterboy!

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez has no feel. He throws a rocket when he should use a little touch. He floats it when he should rocket it. Still staring down receiver in Year 4.

And we can't keep getting one good throw followed by two bad throws. One good game, followed by 4 bad games. We need consistency out of the QB position. Sanchez does just enough to keep his job. Nothing more. God forbid we got a stretch of a few games of quality play from him.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sanchez has no feel. He throws a rocket when he should use a little touch. He floats it when he should rocket it. Still staring down receiver in Year 4.

And we can't keep getting one good throw followed by two bad throws. One good game, followed by 4 bad games. We need consistency out of the QB position. Sanchez does just enough to keep his job. Nothing more. God forbid we got a stretch of a few games of quality play from him.
    I don't agree with "staring down his receivers.."

But I do agree that Sanchez needs to develop a better feel for the throw that needs to be made in certain situations, he did this on a couple of the screen passes or the Kerley pass on a hot read.

But again, it's hard to criticize his timing or feel when he is working with players he's barely played with and has had no consistency with in the last 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I don't agree with "staring down his receivers.."

But I do agree that Sanchez needs to develop a better feel for the throw that needs to be made in certain situations, he did this on a couple of the screen passes or the Kerley pass on a hot read.

But again, it's hard to criticize his timing or feel when he is working with players he's barely played with and has had no consistency with in the last 3 years.
    Ray ... I don't disagree that he needs more time with the receivers ... But has been bad for two years.

We came within 6 points of beating the best team in football. That's a huge turnaround IMO. With the schedule going forward and hopefully some of our key players returning, I'm thinking we can get the wildcard. Need to see the TV version as I was at the game but I'm pretty happy with what we played.

Pennington will be remembered for his injuries. Sanchez for his inaccuracy and penchant for throwing INTs in crucial spots, many for scoring ending pick sixes. make no mistake, if not for a great hustle play by Powell, Dick boy Sanchez throws ANOTHER pick six inside the opponent's five.

Face it folks, Sanchez is a disaster who must be shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ray ... I don't disagree that he needs more time with the receivers ... But has been bad for two years.
    he should get better in the future

All League
    Punctuation. Use it.

2 INTs one in the red zone ... 1 tD ... 1 Fumble ( luckily recovered ) ... Chucking a sure TD out of bounds ... Numerous balls batted down ... Under 50% completion ... Again ....

Not to mention sacks ...

... Nah it wasn't Sanchez's fault ... Its all on the waterboy!
    Don't be a clown

The INT's were deflected, the fumble was from a hit from behind, the TD out of bounds play to Crow as mentioned in the other thread is BS. I could care less about the comp % when he is playing with a patchwork WR unit and without his primary TE. The balls batted down are by Watts, he does this to a LOT of QB's...

Last year, Burress was a shell of his former self, there was mutiny within the offense because of the game calling and philosophy, and it was another year where Sanchez had to deal with a complete overhaul at the WR position. This year, it's the same, more turnover, only now it's worse because he's now dealing with turnover in-seasond to injuries, playing with WR' who have only been on the team either since the start of the season or since last Monday. It's a big deal, especially when he is playing in a new offense in week 5 of the season.

he sucks!! when u compare him to brady, manning, brees, and 3-4 more QB... but other wise he is a capable qb....has no time, no WR, no RB, no TE....when he gets them the ball they drop it...etcv etc

Last year, Burress was a shell of his former self, there was mutiny within the offense because of the game calling and philosophy, and it was another year where Sanchez had to deal with a complete overhaul at the WR position. This year, it's the same, more turnover, only now it's worse because he's now dealing with turnover in-seasond to injuries, playing with WR' who have only been on the team either since the start of the season or since last Monday. It's a big deal, especially when he is playing in a new offense in week 5 of the season.
    I don't disagree ... But his throws look off target, and lack touch. ... And his pocket presence ... Well not go there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJet85 View Post
    Stop with the excuses!!! He is not accurate passer, and continues with BACK-BREAKING INTERCEPTIONS!!! Second week in a row unforgivable turnover at the end of the half.

I'm sorry, yes we are thin at receiver, but that doesn't excuse poor accuracy and bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by ch107 View Post
    he sucks!! when u compare him to brady, manning, brees, and 3-4 more QB... but other wise he is a capable qb....has no time, no WR, no RB, no TE....when he gets them the ball they drop it...etcv etc
    Compare Sanchez to Brady? The crust in Brady's jock is better than Sanchez, and stinks less.

You watch the Sunday night game between the Pats and Denver? Two gifted QBs (which Sanchez is not) making crisp decisions and every throw in the book. That was fun to watch, not like that bag of crap we experienced from our QB last night. Fellas, he's done. Face it.
    Last edited by Borgoguy; 10-09-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: missing words

Don't be a clown

The INT's were deflected, the fumble was from a hit from behind, the TD out of bounds play to Crow as mentioned in the other thread is BS. I could care less about the comp % when he is playing with a patchwork WR unit and without his primary TE. The balls batted down are by Watts, he does this to a LOT of QB's...
    just wondering how many deflected passes we will have to endure during this guys tenure here. I think of it this way, how many passes, especially in the red zone, do elite QB's have? This happens at least twice in every game with sanchez.

he flat out sucks. sorry

I don't disagree ... But his throws look off target, and lack touch. ... And his pocket presence ... Well not go there.
    Again, when a QB is only playing with his weapons for 1-4 weeks, what kind of timing or touch do you expect him to have?

I always revert back to Peyton Manning, he is a player that is OBSESSED with having repetitions and practice time with his WR's, he is anal about his preparation, and his practice and pre-game is almost legendary in how he goes through every route with obsessive repetition and timing.

When there is rotation and rollover with the skill positions due to injury, especially when also having to deal with a new offense, there is always going to be issues with a QB's performance, no matter who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    just wondering how many deflected passes we will have to endure during this guys tenure here. I think of it this way, how many passes, especially in the red zone, do elite QB's have? This happens at least twice in every game with sanchez.

he flat out sucks. sorry
    Watt made a great play on the deflection on the pass to Kerley, watch the play, he got his hand up late, very late, and he dove to make the play, this is a trademark for Watt, he's done this to a lot of QB's.

The second deflection on the final drive, the pass to Cumberland, Cumberland has to make that catch.

The one pass I wasn't happy with was on the screen to Cromartie after he ran motion and swtiched sides of the field, that play would have put up big yardage, Sanchez has to put more air on the ball in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Pennington will be remembered for his injuries. Sanchez for his inaccuracy and penchant for throwing INTs in crucial spots, many for scoring ending pick sixes. make no mistake, if not for a great hustle play by Powell, Dick boy Sanchez throws ANOTHER pick six inside the opponent's five.

Face it folks, Sanchez is a disaster who must be shown the door.
    I am getting to this point with Sanchez. At this point in his career he should be able to read defenses, audible and pick apart defenses. At the very least get create better opportunities for his offense.

He just doesn't see it, process it, and make the right play in too many scenarios. Time is running out. Alex Smith turned it around when his time was running out. Fact is Sanchez was a high pick and paid handsomely to deliver in pressure situations. That just is not happening.

What I do know is this team is facing a lot of adversity and has key injuries to some of the teams best players. Adversity creates opportunity, and Sanchez has the chance to take this team over and lead it through these times.

If he can't, there just will not be enough support from the team, coaches, ownership and fans to keep him under center. He will need to move on and hope that change is good for him. If he wants to remain a NY Jet, he has 11 games, maybe less, to show he deserves to be.

He is at the Crossroads,

Quote Originally Posted by cornjulio21 View Post
    I am getting to this point with Sanchez. At this point in his career he should be able to read defenses, audible and pick apart defenses. At the very least get create better opportunities for his offense.

He just doesn't see it, process it, and make the right play in too many scenarios. Time is running out. Alex Smith turned it around when his time was running out. Fact is Sanchez was a high pick and paid handsomely to deliver in pressure situations. That just is not happening.

What I do know is this team is facing a lot of adversity and has key injuries to some of the teams best players. Adversity creates opportunity, and Sanchez has the chance to take this team over and lead it through these times.

If he can't, there just will not be enough support from the team, coaches, ownership and fans to keep him under center. He will need to move on and hope that change is good for him. If he wants to remain a NY Jet, he has 11 games, maybe less, to show he deserves to be.

He is at the Crossroads,
    It seems to me that he aims (floats) the throws in tight spots, rather than zipping the ball. But, you're right, Sanchez just does not see the defenses well.