Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coples has been disappointing

Coples has been disappointing

I'm starting to worry about this guy. He played a ton last night and had minimal impact. He looked like a JAG out there

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I'm starting to worry about this guy. He played a ton last night and had minimal impact. He looked like a JAG out there
    Disagree ... He had a few really nice pressures. He not a star yet .. But not a JAG .. And light years from Gholston.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Disagree ... He had a few really nice pressures. He not a star yet .. But not a JAG .. And light years from Gholston.
    He had one TFL (I think) and put some pressure on a screen pass, that is not why he was drafted in the first round. He has had a very minimal impact this entire season.

No, he was active, he'll need the full year, to me, the light is going on in flashes, he's still working his way through the defensive scheme and what the Jets are doing on the DL.

All Pro
    The guy stands out to me everytime he is in the field.. He wiffed on one tackle but in the bigger picture it slowed down Foster so the rest of the guys could get to him..

I'm not saying he is all world but untill they gave him a chance at being a 3 down player not much u can go off of.. Difference between jones and Coples one plays significant minutes while one don't ..

The guy you should be worrying about is Mo Wilkerson.

Meanwhile, Bruce Irvin and Chandler Jones are looking great....

All League
    100% agree.

Not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    The guy stands out to me everytime he is in the field.. He wiffed on one tackle but in the bigger picture it slowed down Foster so the rest of the guys could get to him..

I'm not saying he is all world but untill they gave him a chance at being a 3 down player not much u can go off of.. Difference between jones and Coples one plays significant minutes while one don't ..

The guy you should be worrying about is Mo Wilkerson.
    You think wilkerson is the problem? Based on what exactly?

Coples is extremely fast off the ball, and it is mind boggling why he isnt playing any more. On one play last night he was in the backfield in a second and the play happened to go away from him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Well there coaches are living and dying by them they play.. Rex acts like Devito is such a force Coples can't play over him..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 10-09-2012 at 08:28 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post

Coples is extremely fast off the ball, and it is mind boggling why he isnt playing any more. On one play last night he was in the backfield in a second and the play happened to go away from him.
    Based on the fact he has done nothing this season after hearing how great he was during camp to the point they where saying he was the 2nd best player on the defense..

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Based on the fact he has done nothing this season after hearing how great he was during camp to the point they where saying he was the 2nd best player on the defense..
    Do you know who the #1 and #2 players in the ENTIRE NFL are in missed tackels in 2012...thats right, our very own Bart Scott and David Harris. That means that our 3-4 defense is occupying blockers and funneling RBs to our LBs like they are supposed to, but the LBs arent making plays.

Wilkerson has played fine, sure we would all like a couple more sacks or highlight reel plays, but thats not the role he plays.

We have MUCH bigger problems then wilkerson.

All Pro
    Do you know who the #1 and #2 players in the ENTIRE NFL are in missed tackels in 2012...thats right, our very own Bart Scott and David Harris. That means that our 3-4 defense is occupying blockers and funneling RBs to our LBs like they are supposed to, but the LBs arent making plays.

Wilkerson has played fine, sure we would all like a couple more sacks or highlight reel plays, but thats not the role he plays.

Last I check he is part the same front 7 that has been getting torched all season..

That has been getting torched all season.. He had ast 1 tackle last night if that is perfectly fine. That your expectations are low.

Absolutely correct! The Jets FO and coaches vastly overrated the LBs and they are paying a steep price for that incompetence. These guys have to be the slowest LBs in the league...plus the fact that they are horrible tacklers.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Slow linebackers are our problem. Our linebackers can't even keep up with their fullback, nevermind their tight ends or running backs. How many times did I see them chasing from behind last night?

Quote Originally Posted by littleeddiebell View Post
    Slow linebackers are our problem. Our linebackers can't even keep up with their fullback, nevermind their tight ends or running backs. How many times did I see them chasing from behind last night?
    This guy gets it ... I have never seen a group as slow as this ... Ever.

coples is a better player than wilkerson IMO.... you just need to start him.....

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    He had one TFL (I think) and put some pressure on a screen pass, that is not why he was drafted in the first round. He has had a very minimal impact this entire season.
    Seriously??? What is eveybody watching or smoking for that matter??? Look at all the other NFL teams and what they do with their rookies who are high draft picks. They play them unconditionally every week from first snap throughout the entire game and let them get acclamated to the NFL mistakes or no mistakes. No not the jets. They rotate 5 players every freakin down for not. Obviously its not working so they need to play it out. I have had it with their philosophy. It sucks. The jets suck right now as a whole not Coples and with their lack of talent and depth Tannenbaum should be fired!!!!

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    And if you drafted Irvin, how do you know that he wouldn't end up another Maybin? He works for Seattle because their d-line is pretty good and allows him room to work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bust a move busty buster

DeVito is a Rex Favorite. Can't play Coples without taking time from DeVito. Rex's pension for playing favorites is going to cost him his job.