Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ellis

Ellis

Anybody hear/read anything on his injury? It's the one injury that has me the most concerned, all the others appear to be minor...

With Pouha's bad back, we can't aford to lose Ellis.

BTW, Harrison, even in spots, I thought played well.

Agreed on how important ellis could be, and I havent heard a thing.

One positive is that this is one week where we shouldnt need a traditional NT very much.

Personally I would love to see us go back to the "Old Rex" defense of 2 Down lineman and the rest of the LBs and DBs standing up and moving around the line to confuse Luck and to blitz from different spots.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Severity of Kenrick Ellis' knee injury is unknown at this point. Sounds like he'll be having a MRI to get better indication.

It would be a big loss, but at the same time, he's been very disappointing this season. Based on the preseason, and shame on me for lending so much credibility into it, I thought the Jets would have a bloody pass rush. Maybin had 7 sacks last season. Coples was a wrecking ball and looked like Jason Pierre-Paul. Kenrick Ellis looked so good in one preseason game that people were saying his performance reminded them of Kris Jenkins.

What happened to ALL of them?!

All 3 of them have been big, fat gigantic busts since. This really does confuse me. In the preseason, they don't scheme, you just use your inherent strength to make things happen. Well, all of these guys ABUSED their opponents on a regular basis. No one can tell me that scheme can neutralize a player that much.

How big a loss can it really be?

We're dead last in the NFL rushing Defense, giving up over 170+ on the ground per game.

I get that we don't want him hurt, and like him, and hope for good things from him, but if he's done....so what? We give up 180 a game instead? 210?

Forgive my cynicim, but it's not like he's the #1 guy on the #1 rushing D in the NFL at current you know. Like Revis, Holmes, etc, etc, etc, if he's gone, he's gone.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    NT Kenrick Ellis has suffered an apparent MCL sprain: source. Not surprising since Ryan ruled out ACL. Could miss at least 2 g's.

Good news. Could have been worse

it's a moot point Ellis is a bust, not an NFL player. What a Joke, the jet defense practices against the jet offense (which sucks) and then Rex "LITTLE BROTHER" RYAN tells the world how great they are.
    Andrew Luck is going to carve the jets defense a NEW A-HOLE!!!!!!!!
    THIS TEAM IS A JOKE

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Caster View Post
    it's a moot point Ellis is a bust, not an NFL player. What a Joke, the jet defense practices against the jet offense (which sucks) and then Rex "LITTLE BROTHER" RYAN tells the world how great they are.
    THIS TEAM IS A JOKE
    Yeah, 10 games into his NFL career and he's deemed a bust..Which is stupid anyway because he can play...

THIS TEAM IS A JOKE
    Its posts like this that make it increasingly hard to come to this site....

If you think ellis is a bust you really should reevaluate your knowledge of football.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Yeah, 10 games into his NFL career and he's deemed a bust..Which is stupid anyway because he can play...
    Dude, give up, Ellis is a bust, was a bust last year, will continue to be a bust, just like Ducass. The jets draft players no one else even wants in their taxi squad.

Ellis is playing like a 3rd rd draft pick from a small school in his second year.

The same with fans wondering why Davis can't get on the field more, you pick a player in the 3rd from a small school, the guy needs more seasoning than someone from the SEC.

If Ellis and Davis played for BCS schools they would not have been available at the point in the draft that they were taken.

Dude, give up, Ellis is a bust, was a bust last year, will continue to be a bust, just like Ducass. The jets draft players no one else even wants in their taxi squad.
    Whatever clueless...Have a nice day

All Pro
    THIS TEAM IS A JOKE
    I'm a Realest and this post is ridiculous. Ellis will be a force to be reckon with. Same as Coples and Wilk. I just wish we has the right CS to develop the youth. These 3 with Davis and Dowtin would have a better chance with an old school ,fundamentals first ,no player friendly type coach. I remember an old quote by Parcells." You have to make them bite while they are puppies" meaning make them mean and nasty. I wish we had a no nonsense old school coach.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    I'm a Realest and this post is ridiculous. Ellis will be a force to be reckon with. Same as Coples and Wilk. I just wish we has the right CS to develop the youth. These 3 with Davis and Dowtin would have a better chance with an old school ,fundamentals first ,no player friendly type coach. I remember an old quote by Parcells." You have to make them bite while they are puppies" meaning make them mean and nasty. I wish we had a no nonsense old school coach.
    +1

But, but it's all Tanny fault...

Casey Hampton, the anchor of the steelers 3-4 Defense had 10 tackles as a rookie and 24 in his second year.

Ellis had 7 as a rookie and has 14 so far this year.

Definitely time to evaluate him as a player.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Ellis will eventually be very good. He is certainly not consistently good at this point. Mo Wilkerson will be a solid NFL pro in my opinion although I am not convinced that he will be much more than that. Coples could be anything. Anything at all ranging from bust to star. Right now it is fair to say that Coples has had a slow start.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Whatever clueless...Have a nice day
    C, have you been watching the games, this defense ( personel, coach's and scheme) are among the worst in the league. Give an example of what you as a coach would do, to change this sinking ship?????????????????????????

THIS TEAM IS A JOKE
    Ellis is a bust? Really? Per whom? Per YOU??? Pardon me, but... Ahahahahahahahahaha

Veteran
    Ellis has been the one bright spot on this team. did you watch the game last night? on one play Ellis is running down foster in the secondary, for a big guy giving that much effort says alot about the kid. Where are the LB's for this JETS team? if there is any needed change right now for the JETS it's the LB corp. we are too slow at LB and every team knows it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    Ellis is a bust? Really? Per whom? Per YOU??? Pardon me, but... Ahahahahahahahahaha
    The Joke is and will continue to be on you D, It's a fact that the league and media are laughing at the difunctional piece of CRAP that we call The New York Jets. Luck will carve the Jets D a new A-Hole.