View Poll Results: What do you think of Mark Sanchez?

Voters
142. You may not vote on this poll
  • He can be the franchise QB of the Jets if surrounded by good talent.

    43 30.28%
  • He is very average at best, not a liability but also not capable to lead to victories on his own.

    44 30.99%
  • He's not equipped to be a starter. After 4 years it's clear he's not the guy.

    55 38.73%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: The Mark Sanchez Poll

  1. #21
    Kind of stuck between #2 and #3. Jets need to make a choice with Sanchez, even they are going to continue to wait him out like the Niners did with Alex Smith (or to a lesser extent, the Giants with Eli), or they are going to decide to move on. His play MUST improve though the rest of the season. The weapons are not good, but the completion percentage and the turnovers are just unacceptable at this point, especially when he does not do enough positive things to counteract the negatives. I don't think he's in any real danger of losing his job yet despite what ESPN may have you think. They have a vested interest in pushing for Tebow, but the Jets organization has far less of one. They are locked into big money with Sanchez through next year and to bench him anytime soon would be the same as giving up on the guy. Tebow may be good for a little excitement, but he lacks the accuracy and passing ability necessary to succeed long-term at this level. Also, as we have seen, his running is mediocre, he does not consistently gain yards and is often stuffed.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Sanchez Tebow McElroy

    Arm strength 9 7 7

    Accuracy 5 4 9


    Composure 3 7 9


    Resume 5 8 10


    toughness 4 9 8

    _________________________________________________

    26 35 43


    Thats how I do the math!
    This is the biggest joke I have every seen. McElroy resume 10? Lmao has he won a superbowl? Or are you basing it off of college (in that case Tebows resume is better).

    Edit: Just noticed your location is Alabama. NOW I get it.
    Last edited by Jet Life; 10-09-2012 at 11:49 AM.

  3. #23
    Is the 2nd option really good enough to justify keeping around, do we keep him around for 2-3 more years and build around him to see if he "might" be the next Alex Smith?

    I voted the 2nd option, but I am ready to move on, he's just not accurate enough and will never be, to become a top 10 QB, and I think you need a top 10 QB to win consistently in the NFL.

  4. #24
    How anyone can say he is not a liability with the amount of turnovers, and not just cough it up at mid field but game killing turnovers he has and the fact that he is UNDER 50% comp rating is totally beyond me.

    Even total jags on bad teams manage to do better than that.

  5. #25
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by marano View Post
    Sanchez Tebow McElroy

    Arm strength 9 7 7

    Accuracy 5 4 9


    Composure 3 7 9


    Resume 5 8 10


    toughness 4 9 8

    _________________________________________________

    26 35 43


    Thats how I do the math!
    Agree for the most part, but you gotta give more to Sanchez on toughness. The kid takes a beating week in and out, both physically and mentally. He gets a 10 in the toughness category from me.

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    How anyone can say he is not a liability with the amount of turnovers, and not just cough it up at mid field but game killing turnovers he has and the fact that he is UNDER 50% comp rating is totally beyond me.

    Even total jags on bad teams manage to do better than that.
    This is what bothers me about the folks who swear by Sanchez. This kid was a top 10 pick,drafted to be the face of the franchise and he's playing like Brett Ratliff. If Greg McElroy a 7th round draft pick was playing like Mark Sanchez these same people would call for a change.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    This is what bothers me about the folks who swear by Sanchez. This kid was a top 10 pick,drafted to be the face of the franchise and he's playing like Brett Ratliff. If Greg McElroy a 7th round draft pick was playing like Mark Sanchez these same people would call for a change.
    Sanchez is the first QB since Stoney Case of 1999 Ravens with 4 straight games of 25+ passes and a completion percentage under 50 percent.

    IDK how anyone can think he can be a franchise QB stil

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,829
    I've shifted toward 3.

    When you're a streaky player you need to be good more often than bad, and that simply isn't the case. Sanchez defenders will point out that he's in a tough spot right now (100% true) with poor line play, suspect weapons, and an awful running game. But never, at any point in four years has he showed the ability to take over a game and dominate. He's not a top tier guy, and in this league that's what you need.

    A) He's still horribly innaccurate. Far too often he simply misses throws. Behind the receiver, too far wide, out of bounds, in the dirt. Forget the horrific completion percentage -- many passes we complete require great efforts from the receivers and often yards are left on the field because guys are falling down or going out of bounds to make catches that should be routine -- he's worse on short throws than he is on long ones.

    B) He still makes horrible decisions. He doesn't protect the ball and routinely misreads coverages. He never runs with the ball and will scramble around losing yards or throwing up desperation picks instead of taking sacks.

    C) He's immature and not a leader. This team doesn't believe in the guy. He still seems like a sulky kid out there, IMO.

    It's time to move on.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Sanchez is the first QB since Stoney Case of 1999 Ravens with 4 straight games of 25+ passes and a completion percentage under 50 percent.

    IDK how anyone can think he can be a franchise QB stil
    I also read he has the lowest completion percentage of a QB this far into the season since Jamarcus Russell. I don't see how some fans don't find these types of statistics to be disturbing.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I've shifted toward 3.

    When you're a streaky player you need to be good more often than bad, and that simply isn't the case. Sanchez defenders will point out that he's in a tough spot right now (100% true) with poor line play, suspect weapons, and an awful running game. But never, at any point in four years has he showed the ability to take over a game and dominate. He's not a top tier guy, and in this league that's what you need.

    A) He's still horribly innaccurate. Far too often he simply misses throws. Behind the receiver, too far wide, out of bounds, in the dirt. Forget the horrific completion percentage -- many passes we complete require great efforts from the receivers and often yards are left on the field because guys are falling down or going out of bounds to make catches that should be routine -- he's worse on short throws than he is on long ones.

    B) He still makes horrible decisions. He doesn't protect the ball and routinely misreads coverages. He never runs with the ball and will scramble around losing yards or throwing up desperation picks instead of taking sacks.

    C) He's immature and not a leader. This team doesn't believe in the guy. He still seems like a sulky kid out there, IMO.

    It's time to move on.
    Well said, great post. +1

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
    Posts
    31,773
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    This is the biggest joke I have every seen. McElroy resume 10? Lmao has he won a superbowl? Or are you basing it off of college (in that case Tebows resume is better).

    Edit: Just noticed your location is Alabama. NOW I get it.
    Homerism. Until he starts any NFL game (in the regular season) he gets an incomplete grade.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Hope you don't work with numbers for a living.

    McElroy has the same arm strenth as Tebow? Lol, no. As an injured Pennington maybe.

    McElroy has more composure than Tebow.....seriously? Based on what, a few plays in the 4th of teh 4th preseason game? Um, no.

    McElroy resume better than Tebow? Tebow was a far better college QB results wise, and has a playoff season int he pro's vs. McElroy's nothing-in-pros resume. Again, lol, no.

    And of course, McElroy, a short, slight, small guy already knocked out once in barely any playtime in preseasons, rated almost as tough as Takes-a-Hit-Tebow.....lol, right.

    Lord, I get it, you want McElPenningollinger to get his big chance to be Brady. You could at least have the common courtesy to be honest about it and not make **** up start to finish.

    Same Old Jets, **** the Bed on National TV

    Same Old Jets Fans, Immediately Proclaim the Nobody JAG #3 the best guy on team.
    Exactly. Seems you put together the numbers to get the result you wanted. Do you work for the BLS and also do unemployment for da gubermint?

  13. #33
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I also read he has the lowest completion percentage of a QB this far into the season since Jamarcus Russell. I don't see how some fans don't find these types of statistics to be disturbing.
    They do!!!!!

    Who says they are not disturbing

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Woody and the Jets have written a new book called "100 Ways to F*ck up a QB 101"

    1, all the way.
    Please elaborate as you have no idea what your talking about.


    -Give him a top 5 run game year 1.
    -Give him a top 5 run game year 2.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 1.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 2.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 3.
    -Give him an All pro LT.
    -Give him an All pro C.
    -Pro Bowl guard Last year.
    -Trade for Holmes.
    -Trade up for Keller.
    -Has Always had a big jump ball guy for the redzone (Edwards, PLaxico, and now Hill).
    -Always make Sanchez the guy with confidence, and MORE MONEY.
    -Never asked to win a game until year 3 or 4.



    Mark Sanchez has arguable been put in the best situation of any QB in recent football history. The Sanchez apologist are similar to women that love/miss the men that abuse them. You guys simply are battered victims from the torture of inaccuracy, Int, and rookie mistakes for years now.

    Oh and as for our old OC Shotty: He was hired immedietly to mentor Sam Bradford by one of the most respected men in the football industry. Ill trust Jeff Fishers opinion more then anyone on these boards.


    Sanchez is a dead man walking. This is the last few games he will ever be a starting QB in the NFL. Its over.
    Last edited by KR; 10-09-2012 at 12:54 PM.

  15. #35
    I have always said Sanchez paltry percentage was mind boggling considering how many designed checkdowns and short slants Schotty drawed up for Sanchez to inflate his numbers.

    Now we can see with a coordinator not babying Sanchez and making him read the coverage and play he is even worse than what he has shown. It is not surprising to me at all his percentage has plummeted to historically bad numbers for a starting QB.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Absolutely

    -Give him a top 5 run game year 1.
    -Give him a top 5 run game year 2.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 1.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 2.
    -Give him a top 5 defense year 3.
    -Give him an All pro LT.
    -Give him an All pro C.
    -Pro Bowl guard Last year.
    -Trade for Holmes.
    -Trade up for Keller.
    -Has Always had a big jump ball guy for the redzone (Edwards, PLaxico, and now Hill).
    -Always make Sanchez the guy with confidence, and MORE MONEY.
    -Never asked to win a game until year 3 or 4.

    Mark Sanchez has arguable been put in the best situation of any QB in recent football history. The Sanchez apologist are similar to women that love/miss the men that abuse them. You guys simply are battered victims from the torture of inaccuracy, Int, and rookie mistakes for years now.

    Sanchez is a dead man walking. This is the last few games he will ever be a starting QB in the NFL. Its over.
    Yup, this 100%. The Jets have given this guy everything to succeed early on, time for some pay back from the Qb and he falls flat on his face.

    The thing that is the most amusing is that people will totally heap all the praise on him for 'winning' 4 playoff games and getting to two afc title games and then in the same breath excuse him for not having an iron clad supporting cast around him.

  17. #37
    I believe sanchez can go somewhere else and be an average qb. Its just not going to happen in new york. He needs a change of scenery and its too far gone at this point. Mcelroy was a 7th round pick for a reason guys. He is not the answer and his arm is trash. Im going with the guy who wants geno smith in next years draft. We have to go to the drawing board again which i think means getting rid of rex and tannenbaum. Rex has always preached defense and backed it up for the first three years but this year is now pathetic so what is he actually bringing to the table???? GENO SMITH 2013!!!!!

  18. #38
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,523
    How anyone can still consider Sanchez to have the potential to be a franchise QB is beyond me.

  19. #39

    My point is this.

    Sanchez's resume to date is an under 50% completion rate. He fumbles and throws interceptions like he is getting a bonus for them. He wreaks of no confidence and has shown little in ability to play consistently good football. Any bonehead that believes that because Tebow has played part of one year in the NFL as a starter somehow makes him more qualified or a better QB than McElroy is just ignorant. He lucked up and won some games last year. He is a player with heart and toughness and he is very competitive. He does not have the QB skills to be the starting QB. McElroy has not been given a chance. There have certainly been QB's with more on paper who have played at a much lower level than what they are supposed to.(Sanchez) If McElroy is not given a chance to play NFL football, how will anyone know if he can or can't. Given our options at this point I think we need to find out. Anybody have a better suggestion, fill me in but please stop with the Sanchez and Tebow sh@t, they are not the solution merely part of the problem.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post


    Like I said, same old Jets fans same old fantasy.

    The plucky undersized, weak armed #3 no one expcted and everyone counted out rises up, Christ like, to save the team, cause shucks, he just needed his chance, his shot, to show us all he could DO IT. Jets Fans never, ever, tire of this old chestnut.

    A. I never said Sanchez was out best chance to win, nor am I one of JI's resident Sanchez-lovers. His play is all that counts, and roght now it's ****, second year in a row.

    B. I know McElBollinger is NOT our best chance to win. He is our worst chance to win. Any projection that he is better than Sanchez or Tebow is just that, 100% projection. There are no facts to back it.

    C. Fantasies and Wet Dreams don't win football games. Talent does. McElroy is the least talented QB on our roster in NFL terms.

    D. Tebow WILL get the job first. Get used to the idea, because like it or not, thats what WILL happen. And it'll take a total abject failure of Tebow (once he has the #1 job) to lose it, because even a losing Tebow is isnteresting, sells media, sells tickets, sells beers at the stadium, etc. McElBollinger does not sell anything to anyone in New York.

    E. If McElroy gets his shot, good for him, he's a Jet (although he shouldn't be after his comments last year) so I'll root my ass off for him. But I will not join the same old same old Jets Fans Fantasy circle jerk that "if only" the #3 got his shot, he'd be "the answer". It's pure fantasy.

    The Resume is especially hilarious tbh. A multiple-NFL-playoff game winner and a two-time National Champ Heisman winner and playoff QB both beaten by a never-played a snap #3 with one Natl' title on a stacked traditional college powerhouse team he was (I'd guess) far fromt he best player on? Right, a totally accurate and non-biased list, right?
    You know NOTHING but claim that you do. How do you know McElroy isn't our best chance to win? Just as much as no one can say McElroy is our best chance to win, you CANNOT he is our worst chance.

    It's all speculation based on what we've seen. Tebow does not fit the mold of a pocket passing QB and everyone knows that. Everyone also knows that Sanchez is fried and will never become a good QB at this point.

    Jets fans advocate change. They advocate creating a spark that the players can rally behind. That way we have something to be excited about.

    That's why my PERSONAL OPINION tells me that Greg McElroy is our next best option to QB the Jets. Tebow would be better used in this offense by playing FB or TE, providing much needed blocking that could potentially get our running game going.

    McElroy is a pocket passing QB, something that the Jets offense is designed around. He's also a proven winner, albeit on a college team. Arm strength means nothing. The thing that needs to be determined is can he effectively make all of the throws? If the long ball still reaches it's target and results in a touchdown. Who gives a flying f*ck about how fast the pass arrived? I certainly don't.

    So like I already said, this is all speculation and we'll never who is right and who is wrong until we give the kid a chance. And already KNOWING that Sanchez cannot ultimately lead this offense to a SB, we should try another option.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us