Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: With 1 word, Patriotsí no-huddle an NFL marvel

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Yea, but BB is a lousy HC without Brady.
    I couldn't tell if this is sarcasm. But BB is a top 10 all time coach. Every QB plays in a system, including Manning. I'm just highlighting how many systems Brady has played in to show that he isn't a product of one system. Can Brady play in every system? Probably not. e.g. Option. Even Manning and Rodgers probably can't do that. BB is a great coach to identify how he can tweak a system to suit Brady. Just like John Fox is doing at Denver.

Unfortunately for Sanchez, his coaching staff does not understand him very well. He can be a good quarterback with the right system. Just look at what Harbaugh has done for Alex Smith.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Excellent read-been discussing the Pats-Broncos game with many folks who watched it and we're A) in awe of the speed of the Pats hurry-up and the lack of mistakes in their execution and B) endlessly discussing how a defense can possibly stop it.

The Jets can't even get the right # of players on the field consistently let alone execute a no-huddle offense. I realize that we're working with a new offense, new OC, blocking schemes and personnel but we look pathetic and the Pats are going to destroy us in 2 weeks.

And for the whiners who said the article was too long..."War and Peace" is too long. This took 4 minutes to read and there is more information in that article than an entire year's worth of posts on this board.
    It really was a very interesting read. I read it earlier today. The one word signal calling was great to see for a casual fan like myself. It looks like all of the NFL teams could be running plays this way in the future.

The only negative to the super fast pace is that it left the offensive linemen gassed later in the game. So much so that they needed to be rested and backups put into the game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    They all have headsets implanted in their heads.
    corrected it for you

I think they have micro cameras in there too.... BB is way ahead of his time. He's to cheating what Rex is to defenses

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Nowhere near 24. Only 6-8 or so. The point is not to rely on things like wristbands and to be able to call the play, line up, and execute extremely quickly. It was amazing to witness on Sunday against the Broncos. And they change the terminology from week to week to prevent teams from figuring it out.
    From what I've seen and heard about it, my impression is that the Pats will see a defense that they like, usually because it doesn't have many variations or fits what they want to do, and then they go into a very quick no-huddle offense that uses the same personnel. The offensive players never leave the field so the defense can't make changes.

The signals are one word signals that tell the players everything they need to know, and Brady can change plays at any time. They also can shift the one word signals. From what a former Oregon player now NFLer said, it isn't as complicated as it sounds.

The preseason practices with the faster pace were done once the press was off the field. I also heard Brady mention that he didn't think it would be as effective on the road in a noisy stadium. We'll find out on Sunday in Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    corrected it for you

I think they have micro cameras in there too.... BB is way ahead of his time. He's to cheating what Rex is to defenses
    Congratulations, it's fans like you that help him get away with it. Don't try to make his cheating look cute, it's an attack on the game we love. Football is a dignified sport played between gentlemen coaches, or it least it was until Belicheck came onto the scene and decided that winning at all costs was more important than going about things the right way. Go ahead and brush it off, but the guy is RUINING THE GAME. He's 100x worse than Pete Rose and deserves a lifetime ban with all his stolen achievements vacated. Oh yeah, and he's quite the role model to kids. Fk him.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    only 6-8 plays? for a whole game? they'll figure it out by halftime, now that they know they're doing it.
    You should call Belichick and tell him that the #1 ranked offense in the NFL has a fatal flaw, and that you found it. Impressive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    From what I've seen and heard about it, my impression is that the Pats will see a defense that they like, usually because it doesn't have many variations or fits what they want to do, and then they go into a very quick no-huddle offense that uses the same personnel. The offensive players never leave the field so the defense can't make changes.

The signals are one word signals that tell the players everything they need to know, and Brady can change plays at any time. They also can shift the one word signals. From what a former Oregon player now NFLer said, it isn't as complicated as it sounds.

The preseason practices with the faster pace were done once the press was off the field. I also heard Brady mention that he didn't think it would be as effective on the road in a noisy stadium. We'll find out on Sunday in Seattle.
    Seattle's one of the loudest stadiums in the league. I wouldn't expect to see much in the way of a one word, no huddle, hurry up this Sunday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Congratulations, it's fans like you that help him get away with it. Don't try to make his cheating look cute, it's an attack on the game we love. Football is a dignified sport played between gentlemen coaches, or it least it was until Belicheck came onto the scene and decided that winning at all costs was more important than going about things the right way. Go ahead and brush it off, but the guy is RUINING THE GAME. He's 100x worse than Pete Rose and deserves a lifetime ban with all his stolen achievements vacated. Oh yeah, and he's quite the role model to kids. Fk him.
    EternalChampion, you are truly an Eternal Champion of posting.

All League
    I also heard BB hatched the plan to steal extra beats for that artificial heart too.

Fans like me...enjoy the game and don't have to make up stories of cadavers and stealing heart beats and then try and pass myself off as an insider...

All Pro

I also heard BB hatched the plan to steal extra beats for that artificial heart too.

Fans like me...enjoy the game and don't have to make up stories of cadavers and stealing heart beats and then try and pass myself off as an insider...
    Good for you, maybe Coach B_tch will thank you when he cheats his way to another Lombardi trophy.

All League
    Good for you, maybe Coach B_tch will thank you when he cheats his way to another Lombardi trophy.
    Maybe he'll thank you for solving the stolen hearbeat case...

Maybe he'll thank you for solving the stolen hearbeat case...
    Can you stay on topic? Since you brought it up, though, that's my job and my employer's thanks was enough.

All League
    EC, have you seen this? I have visual evidence that not only did Belichick win a Super Bowl by cheating, but he did so with a cadaver leg:

All League
    In all seriousness, the same author wrote this semi counter-point:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...gdP/story.html

But expect the Patriots to tweak how they use it, because the no-huddle was likely a big reason they went scoreless in the final 19:42 of the game and nearly allowed the Broncos to mount a comeback.
    The Pats' offense right now is a Ferrari that's trying to figure out how to start and stop. In the meantime, it does a lot of damage.

They are still learning how to drive the car.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 10-11-2012 at 02:05 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post

The Pats' offense right now is a Ferrari that's trying to figure out how to start and stop. In the meantime, it does a lot of damage.

They are still learning how to drive the car.
    Through 5 games, the Pats have run the ball (191 plays) more than they have thrown (185 plays) the ball.

All Pro
    ground and pound, If only mallet could be trained to be a personal punt protector.

All Pro
    You have no clue if you think that "Football is a dignified sport played between gentlemen coaches." No clue. I won't even go into coaches and team transgressions, but Belichick is not close to being the first to bend the rules their way, and will definitely not be the last so go ahead and pontificate about the purity of the game and the people involved in it. If you truly are of this thought then maybe you ought to follow chess. Oh, wait, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    You have no clue if you think that "Football is a dignified sport played between gentlemen coaches." No clue. I won't even go into coaches and team transgressions, but Belichick is not close to being the first to bend the rules their way, and will definitely not be the last so go ahead and pontificate about the purity of the game and the people involved in it. If you truly are of this thought then maybe you ought to follow chess. Oh, wait, never mind.
    LOL. Hard to believe that there is cheating in chess, but you are absolutely right. I guess people will find ways to bend the rules in just about any competitive sport or activity.

All League
    Can you stay on topic? Since you brought it up, though, that's my job and my employer's thanks was enough.
    You mean the topic of the thread or the topic you changed it to?

Let's talk about stealing heartbeats from artificial hearts instead....