Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/9

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    NT Kenrick Ellis has suffered an apparent MCL sprain: source. Not surprising since Ryan ruled out ACL. Could miss at least 2 g's.

Good news. Could have been worse

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    NFL Network ‏@nflnetwork
    Tim Tebow highlights from MNF. http://on.nfl.com/Wk5Tebow

Unbelievable...Where are the Damon Harrison highlights..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dustin Keller expected back in Week 6

BY Seth Walder

The Jets are in desperate need of offensive weapons, but it looks like at least one of them will be back next week. Rex Ryan said he believes Keller will return for Sunday’s home matchup against the Colts.

"Well I’m encouraged,” said Ryan. “When I talked to Dustin last, he felt he’s going to be able to go this week. So I think that will give us a huge boost.”
    Keller has been hampered by a hamstring injury all season long and has not played since the Jets win over Buffalo in Week 1.

Ryan said C Nick Mangold (ankle), DT Kenrick Ellis (knee) and Clyde Gates (shoulder) were all scheduled to have MRIs, though he noted that Ellis’ injury is not a torn ACL. Gates said Monday night his shoulder just popped out and will be fine. Ryan also noted that LB Josh Mauga has a pectoral injury but he did not know the severity of it.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...back-in-week-6

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The injuries are so ridiculous this season.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said the #Jets are looking into a few things to help Sanchez avoid getting passes tipped at the line.

These?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Rex said the #Jets are looking into a few things to help Sanchez avoid getting passes tipped at the line.

These?

I wonder if this QB or coaching staff ever heard of a pump fake ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

These?

LOL.

He should start by not throwing flat footed and he should then gain some awareness. Every single throw is the same. He has no touch. The ball to Cro needed more air. Sanchez lacks the feel for those situations. Also, god forbid he ever looks someone off.

I also think he goes up to the LOS having already determined where he is going to go with the ball. Especially on those shorter throws. I understand he was trying to throw into a window on the first INT. But I think Kerley would have been open in the next window also. It was rushed.

This is a long-standing issue with him. I understand he is short and than does not help but guys like Brees and Rodgers who are also shorter QBs find a way.

We had a lot of open WRs last night. Ironically his two best throws were to well-covered receivers. The TD to Cumberland and the pass to Gates.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 10-09-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I wonder if this QB or coaching staff ever heard of a pump fake ?
    Was saying the same thing last night

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was saying the same thing last night
    sanchez doesnt have the time to pump fake in the pocket. adjustments should have been made by him and the oc he should have been rolling out more last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW--whatever happened to the quick pace of the Offense from training camp??

Have we seen it yet? Why not go no huddle to pick the pace up and help Sanchez to get in a rhythm?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr

These?

More like starting to roll the pocket and get Sanchez throwing on the run, one of his big strengths.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

He should start by not throwing flat footed and he should then gain some awareness. Every single throw is the same. He has no touch. The ball to Cro needed more air. Sanchez lacks the feel for those situations. Also, god forbid he ever looks someone off.

I also think he goes up to the LOS having already determined where he is going to go with the ball. Especially on those shorter throws. I understand he was trying to throw into a window on the first INT. But I think Kerley would have been open in the next window also. It was rushed.

This is a long-standing issue with him. I understand he is short and than does not help but guys like Brees and Rodgers who are also shorter QBs find a way.

We had a lot of open WRs last night. Ironically his two best throws were to well-covered receivers. The TD to Cumberland and the pass to Gates.
    You know what the saddest thing was about last night. We had a bunch of receivers wide open, not NFL open, but NCAA wide open and we missed every single throw. This disgusting Defense gave up 17 points and we scored 17 points on that awesome all world defense . We gave them 6 points (3 off the INT before the half and 3 when we didn't recover a perfectly executed onside kick) . With all that,we still had a chance to win the game with the ball and 3 minutes down by 6.

Many around here think this season is lost, and it maybe but the Jets are a talented team. A talented young team that need a QB who will make the plays when they present themselves.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    sanchez doesnt have the time to pump fake in the pocket. adjustments should have been made by him and the oc he should have been rolling out more last night.
    On every single tipped pass last night there was no pass rush affecting Mark Sanchez. Anyone who watched the pre-game show heard how this kid knocks down passes. We went out there and allowed him to do exactly what he told the whole world he does. There's a thread on here about Sanchez and his "touch" on his passes. He has none. Even the WR screen to Cro,was on a Line when Cro was wide open with room to run..

Disgusting.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    On every single tipped pass last night there was no pass rush affecting Mark Sanchez. Anyone who watched the pre-game show heard how this kid knocks down passes. We went out there and allowed him to do exactly what he told the whole world he does. There's a thread on here about Sanchez and his "touch" on his passes. He has none. Even the WR screen to Cro,was on a Line when Cro was wide open with room to run..

Disgusting.
    im not supporting sanchez in any way shape or form the learning curve with him is over as a 4 year starter. wrs were wide open he either threw behind them or under threw them.

i just think more aggressive wrs would benefit his cause.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Disgusting.
    Mechanics aside, rolling him out would help against an all world pass blocker like Watt

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are crazy. He had multiple deep passes with amazing touch. I said it in a prior post, JJ watt has made a living on batting down passes this year, sports center even did a lengthy piece on it before the game. Every quarterback misses a receiver now and again, nobody's perfect. Do you think Tebow would have better touch on his passes, or hit open receivers? I've seen him miss more then I've seen Sanchez miss.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    BTW--whatever happened to the quick pace of the Offense from training camp??

Have we seen it yet? Why not go no huddle to pick the pace up and help Sanchez to get in a rhythm?
    I would have to imagine that's hard to do when you're trying to get guys lined up that haven't even been on the team for a couple weeks.

This team is just a mess right now. They better play Stephen Hill all game long and see what he can do and develop him with the experience. This might be the only benefit moving into next season if he gets the experience now and comes along next year strong.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    You guys are crazy. He had multiple deep passes with amazing touch. I said it in a prior post, JJ watt has made a living on batting down passes this year, sports center even did a lengthy piece on it before the game. Every quarterback misses a receiver now and again, nobody's perfect. Do you think Tebow would have better touch on his passes, or hit open receivers? I've seen him miss more then I've seen Sanchez miss.
    LOL. Kinda hard to imagine since Tebow has only thrown 2-passes all season and never been allowed to run a full series...BS.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe this stat goes back to 2007, but Brees leads the league in passes tipped or knocked down at the line of scrimmage. Somehow he also managed to complete some throws to get to the highest yardage total in league history.

Batted balls arent the problem. Its being accurate more then 45% of the time and having your WRs actually fight for the ball when its thrown to them and catching it when it hits their hands, chest or face.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what the saddest thing was about last night. We had a bunch of receivers wide open, not NFL open, but NCAA wide open and we missed every single throw. This disgusting Defense gave up 17 points and we scored 17 points on that awesome all world defense . We gave them 6 points (3 off the INT before the half and 3 when we didn't recover a perfectly executed onside kick) . With all that,we still had a chance to win the game with the ball and 3 minutes down by 6.

Many around here think this season is lost, and it maybe but the Jets are a talented team. A talented young team that need a QB who will make the plays when they present themselves.
    Were you at the game?