Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/9

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    BTW--whatever happened to the quick pace of the Offense from training camp??

Have we seen it yet? Why not go no huddle to pick the pace up and help Sanchez to get in a rhythm?
    There were several times when the Texans seemed TOTALLY gassed. I though..wow, a quick almost hurry up offense would have devestated them. yet we take a long time.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-09-2012 at 01:38 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    LOL. Kinda hard to imagine since Tebow has only thrown 2-passes all season and never been allowed to run a full series...BS.
    Did you not watch Tebow play last year? There's a reason why the broncos didn't let him throw the ball more then 10 times a game. This year alone, for example, remember the preseason game, against the panthers I believe, where Tebow severely under threw a wide open receiver (and I mean wide) by at least 7 yards? He wasn't even under duress when he threw it. I have no arguments that Tebow is a great athlete. He's a terrible QB though.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Did you not watch Tebow play last year? There's a reason why the broncos didn't let him throw the ball more then 10 times a game. This year alone, for example, remember the preseason game, against the panthers I believe, where Tebow severely under threw a wide open receiver (and I mean wide) by at least 7 yards? He wasn't even under duress when he threw it. I have no arguments that Tebow is a great athlete. He's a terrible QB though.
    tebow threw a touchdown on the money last night. hill dropped it. end of discussion.

Banned
    I don't get why the linemen weren't doing more to stop Watt from jumping up to bat passes down.

Two things we used to do to get a D-Lineman to stop batting passes:

1) Punch him in the ribs whenever he tries to block a pass. He wants to raise his hands? Don't let him f*cking breathe.

2) When he jumps, give a good hard shove to his upper body. He'll fall flat on his back. It'll make him think twice before doing it again because A) It's embarrassing, and B) it hurts.

And I know the speed of the game is very different at the NFL level. But he's jumping so high up that he leaves himself wide open to either of those attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I don't get why the linemen weren't doing more to stop Watt from jumping up to bat passes down.

Two things we used to do to get a D-Lineman to stop batting passes:

1) Punch him in the ribs whenever he tries to block a pass. He wants to raise his hands? Don't let him f*cking breathe.

2) When he jumps, give a good hard shove to his upper body. He'll fall flat on his back. It'll make him think twice before doing it again because A) It's embarrassing, and B) it hurts.

And I know the speed of the game is very different at the NFL level. But he's jumping so high up that he leaves himself wide open to either of those attacks.
    drive your shoulder pads into his ribs over and over by games end he wont be able to move let alone reach into the sky.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    tebow threw a touchdown on the money last night. hill dropped it. end of discussion.
    I could hav thrown that pass to Hill.. end of discussion DA...

Veteran
    Even if hill caught that ball, which was slightly under thrown, hill would have been tackled from behind, as he was when he dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Thank U. Just for fun. Tebow is 1 of 2 and a higher completion rate than Sanchez...LOL.

From #Elias, Mark Sanchez is 1st QB since 1999 (Stoney Case, Ravens) with 25+ passes and sub-50% comp pct in 4 straight games.

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    I could hav thrown that pass to Hill.. end of discussion DA...
    Contact Rex as he might use U...

Watt gets such a push up front and has such good technique it is not as easy as suggest to do the old punch in the gut/nuts trick. He will either knock you back so you can't get your hands on him or make a move and leave you swimming in air. He has a great ability at timing his jump. It also does not help that we have a short Qb who plays shorter due to his lack of touch and trajectory of his passes.

@Steiny31: #Jets worked out OT Ed Wang today but he left without a deal. He Tweeted "they ended up with a different need bc of injuries from the game."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    You know what the saddest thing was about last night. We had a bunch of receivers wide open, not NFL open, but NCAA wide open and we missed every single throw. This disgusting Defense gave up 17 points and we scored 17 points on that awesome all world defense . We gave them 6 points (3 off the INT before the half and 3 when we didn't recover a perfectly executed onside kick) . With all that,we still had a chance to win the game with the ball and 3 minutes down by 6.

Many around here think this season is lost, and it maybe but the Jets are a talented team. A talented young team that need a QB who will make the plays when they present themselves.
    They also need a HEADCOACH that will not put up with second rate performances and then make excuses for his guys! One who plays no favorites and plays the best players he has rather then his favorites and friends.

@MMehtaNYDN: LB Josh mauga is out for year with torn pec, per source

@MMehtaNYDN: Don't discount season-ending injury to Mauga. He provided quality depth at the linebacker spot. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets DL Kenrick Ellis will miss at least 2 games with knee sprain, per source. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: In the last 4 games, exactly half of the Jets' 46 offensive drives have resulted in either a 3-and-out or a turnover. #nyj

Hmmmm. Sounds like 2011. Hmmmm

Jets Insider VIP

@MMehtaNYDN: Don't discount season-ending injury to Mauga. He provided quality depth at the linebacker spot. #nyj

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets DL Kenrick Ellis will miss at least 2 games with knee sprain, per source. #nyj
    If anything, this should mean much more playing time for Davis. Injuries are almost comical at this point, though.

@MMehtaNYDN: In the last 4 games, exactly half of the Jets' 46 offensive drives have resulted in either a 3-and-out or a turnover. #nyj

Hmmmm. Sounds like 2011. Hmmmm

But Sanchez/Sparano are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    But Sanchez/Sparano are fine.
    Not looking too good.

Jets Insider VIP

Sorry to hear that about Mauga! We need his fire and intensity! Any word on gates?

Quote Originally Posted by NYJ37/12 View Post
    Not looking too good.
    God, what a joke. Every year, you really believe things will change for this team. Then, the season begins and it's the same garbage we've had to eat for the last 44 years. Where's Richard Todd when you need him?