Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damon Harrison is a Beast

Damon Harrison is a Beast

He was in for only a few plays but they couldn't budge him. Just a good, old-fashioned space-eater. Don't know why he isn't playing more since Ellis isn't doing much and Pouha is game-to-game. Our run defense is predicated on good corners and a beast in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by regen View Post
    He was in for only a few plays but they couldn't budge him. Just a good, old-fashioned space-eater. Don't know why he isn't playing more since Ellis isn't doing much and Pouha is game-to-game. Our run defense is predicated on good corners and a beast in the middle.
    Well, if he is a beast, he's the only one the Jets have on their pathetic, sh*tty DL.

All Pro
    Both these guys are 350 lbs but they play the game differently.Ellis is a penetrating type DT while Harrison is your prototypical NT. If you watched that game last night,Ellis had the OC on his heels all night only there was no Lber safety or DLman to fill the space vacated by ellis once the QB steped up. The jets need to switch permanately to the 43 provided Ellis isn't hurt to badly and move the young LBers into the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Both these guys are 350 lbs but they play the game differently.Ellis is a penetrating type DT while Harrison is your prototypical NT. If you watched that game last night,Ellis had the OC on his heels all night only there was no Lber safety or DLman to fill the space vacated by ellis once the QB steped up. The jets need to switch permanately to the 43 provided Ellis isn't hurt to badly and move the young LBers into the rotation.
    It'd bring Dowtin and Sapp up to the 53 man from the PS...And start playing them and Davis..Dump Mauga and Bellore

Live with the mistakes, let them learn, see if they can play..But those 3 have SPEED!!!!

Veteran
    The jets need to switch permanately to the 43 provided Ellis isn't hurt to badly and move the young LBers into the rotation.
    Thank you - this is exactly what I tried to start a discussion about last night!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It'd bring Dowtin and Sapp up to the 53 man from the PS...And start playing them and Davis..Dump Mauga and Bellore

Live with the mistakes, let them learn, see if they can play..But those 3 have SPEED!!!!
    There are some NYJets backup players that u have a very poor opinion of. The problem is, there are quality backup players who play almost as well as the starters. Namely Mauga and Cumberland.

If it were up to me, and provided Ellis is healthy, i would start the defense thus. Running / Passing
    RDE - Wilkerson / McIntrye
    LDT - Ellis / Wilkerson
    NT - Harrison / Ellis
    LDE - Coples

Sam - Sapp
    Mike - Harris / Davis
    Will - Davis / Mauga / Dowtin

CB - Cro
    CB - Wilson
    FS - Bell / Bush
    SS - Landry / Antonio allen as his backup period.

Harrison is raw but he stood out the few plays he got in. I hope to god that if the season continues to go sideways that they change the guard later in the year and sit all the old slow players and give the younger guys tons of playing time. (I know it won't happen with Rex at the helm but it should happen.)

There are some NYJets backup players that u have a very poor opinion of. The problem is, there are quality backup players who play almost as well as the starters. Namely Mauga and Cumberland.

If it were up to me, and provided Ellis is healthy, i would start the defense thus. Running / Passing
    LDT - Ellis / Wilkerson
    NT - Harrison / Ellis
    LDE - Coples

Sam - Sapp
    Mike - Harris / Davis

CB - Cro
    CB - Wilson
    FS - Bell / Bush
    My problem with Cumberland has been mental mistakes (until last night's drop which caused the final INT) and poor blocking

All Pro
    NT Kenrick Ellis has suffered an apparent MCL sprain: source. Not surprising since Ryan ruled out ACL. Could miss at least 2 g's. #Jets

It's now Big Dame's Time

Jets Insider VIP
    Agreed. Perhaps HE can be our shining UDFA that all teams need.

He looked great!

From William Penn college in Iowa. a tiny school...less than 2,000 kids.

Post OUR D- LINE

.. He is limited athletically, does not move well beyond a short area. Also, his conditioning is suspect... but as a space eater, he can certainly contribute as a decent back up type.

Ah, this is so funny---another can't miss super star out of nowhere---The fans are now becoming Rex. Its scary.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Ah, this is so funny---another can't miss super star out of nowhere---The fans are now becoming Rex. Its scary.
    Dude ...he is an UDFA. ALL teams need a few to play well.

Under YOUR observation...Arian Foster and Marquis Colston should have been cast out.

There are probably 200 UDFA's in the league that are either starters or solid conributors and another 400 that are solid role players.

Play Harrison and Ellis together more, with Wilkerson and either Devito/Coples in a 4-3 look.

I also want to see Ricky Sapp up here because our OLBs are old and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Dude ...he is an UDFA. ALL teams need a few to play well.

Under YOUR observation...Arian Foster and Marquis Colston should have been cast out.

There are probably 200 UDFA's in the league that are either starters or solid conributors and another 400 that are solid role players.
    On the Jets 53 man roster:

Bellore
    Bell
    Berry
    Cumberland
    DeVito
    Grimes
    Harrison
    Howard
    Malone
    Mauga
    McIntyre
    Moore
    Purdum
    Reuland
    Scott
    Trufant

LDT - Ellis / Wilkerson
    NT - Harrison / Ellis
    LDE - Coples

Sam - Sapp
    Mike - Harris / Davis

CB - Cro
    CB - Wilson
    FS - Bell / Bush
    Love it. But that doesn't really work with the LBs. Harris can't go sideline-to-sideline, Davis is still too raw and Sapp...who the hell knows what that guy can do?

But I do agree that those guys should be worked in even more, and if the Jets lose to the Colts (which would essentially mean a 2-5 start), then I'd love to see these changes on a more regular basis.

Hall Of Fame
    Given our current (in)effectiveness against the run I would say that any player who appears to flash talent in that regard should be used more and in favor of those who are not effective.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Given our current (in)effectiveness against the run I would say that any player who appears to flash talent in that regard should be used more and in favor of those who are not effective.
    Exactly, and the only thing a NT has to do on first and second downs is clog the middle and not give ground. Harrison did it last night in the fourth quarter when the Texans were looking to run out the clock. Given out NT injury situation, he's the best candidate on the roster for the job. I thought he had pretty quick feet for a man that big. He must be 350lbs.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Love it. But that doesn't really work with the LBs. Harris can't go sideline-to-sideline, Davis is still too raw and Sapp...who the hell knows what that guy can do?

But I do agree that those guys should be worked in even more, and if the Jets lose to the Colts (which would essentially mean a 2-5 start), then I'd love to see these changes on a more regular basis.
    Gotta tell u the only reason Harris is on the list is because i fell like giving him the courtesy of losing his job.