Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Damon Harrison is a Beast

Harrison will be yet another UDFA gem that Tanny has provided our team. He will add incredible depth to the best D-line in the NFL. If Pouha or Ellis misses a few games our D won't miss a beat with this guy holding down the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rah_Rah19 View Post
    Harrison will be yet another UDFA gem that Tanny has provided our team. He will add incredible depth to the best D-line in the NFL. If Pouha or Ellis misses a few games our D won't miss a beat with this guy holding down the middle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    My problem with Cumberland has been mental mistakes (until last night's drop which caused the final INT) and poor blocking
    In all fairness that ball was thrown with too much mustard and was way too high. All-Pros could have had trouble catching that ball too. But the guy is inexperienced as can be but his talent is obvious. His TD catch was a beauty! I think we must continue to play him even when Killer-Keller gets back. Keller has had his share of drops too.

I see SAPP's name being thrown around but do we know if his high ankel sprain has healed sufficiently well to allow him to play? No sense rushing a talent like his at this time if it still bothers him.

Dotwin can be an interesting guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    In all fairness that ball was thrown with too much mustard and was way too high. All-Pros could have had trouble catching that ball too. But the guy is inexperienced as can be but his talent is obvious. His TD catch was a beauty! I think we must continue to play him even when Killer-Keller gets back. Keller has had his share of drops too.

I see SAPP's name being thrown around but do we know if his high ankel sprain has healed sufficiently well to allow him to play? No sense rushing a talent like his at this time if it still bothers him.

Dotwin can be an interesting guy.
    I still think pass to Cumberland should have easily been caught. But maybe I'm wrong

Don't know anything regarding Sapp

I say bring Dowtin up with Mauga out, IR Revis, bring Sapp up, release Connor and sign a DT since Ellis is out a few weeks and Pouha is still laboring.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOVE THIS!!!!!! I gotta know who are you?

You are clearly not the dread Pirate Roberts.

I think you will agree when I say that Harrison will be the best DL we have had since the great Dwayne Robertson.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I still think pass to Cumberland should have easily been caught. But maybe I'm wrong

Don't know anything regarding Sapp

I say bring Dowtin up with Mauga out, IR Revis, bring Sapp up, release Connor and sign a DT since Ellis is out a few weeks and Pouha is still laboring.
    Gotta agree with KJ here C Mart . That pass to the 6'4" Cumberland was a high fastball. Foul tip caught by the 3rd baseman.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Play Harrison and Ellis together more, with Wilkerson and either Devito/Coples in a 4-3 look.

I also want to see Ricky Sapp up here because our OLBs are old and slow.
    A front four that big is going to send offense out to the edges even more than they are now, and Jets don't have the athletic linebackers to tackle them out there as they've proved.

I'd go exactly the opposite direction:

RDE: Pace
    DT: Coples
    DT: Wilkerson
    LDE: Devito/insert random passrusher on third down

That's a relatively athletic, VERY balanced four man front.

how the hell would devito work at DE in a 4-3 look?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Both these guys are 350 lbs but they play the game differently.Ellis is a penetrating type DT while Harrison is your prototypical NT. If you watched that game last night,Ellis had the OC on his heels all night only there was no Lber safety or DLman to fill the space vacated by ellis once the QB steped up. The jets need to switch permanately to the 43 provided Ellis isn't hurt to badly and move the young LBers into the rotation.
    This is a very accurate assessment of Ellis, who is in my opinion one of the few bright spots on the defense. He made more impact plays last night than pouha has in 4 seasons. He was winning his battles most of the time but our lbs are so friggin bad. I think he's only going to get better. Sucks that he's hurt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    .. He is limited athletically, does not move well beyond a short area. Also, his conditioning is suspect... but as a space eater, he can certainly contribute as a decent back up type.
    Like Pouha. You don't need to move to be a NT. You have to not move.