Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 103

Thread: What, No Orioles-Yankees Series Thread?

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    940
    Post Thanks / Like

    What, No Orioles-Yankees Series Thread?

    In the immortal words of Brother Green


  2. #2
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol....you didnt have a thread to poop in...so you created one.

    Why not head off to the golf course....and say hello to the Mets while youre there.




    -

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island & Section 337
    Posts
    4,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Lol....you didnt have a thread to poop in...so you created one.

    Why not head off to the golf course....and say hello to the Mets while youre there.




    -
    Again your obsession with all things Mets rears its ugly head.
    Last edited by HDCentStOhio; 10-10-2012 at 07:17 AM.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    got the split in Baltimore so I'm happy

    They have to start hitting with guys in scoring position,but it's been a problem all year.

    Kuroda needs to come thru tomorrow.Hughes piches game 4.I have no confidence in Hughes

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HDCentStOhio View Post
    Again your obsession with all things Mets rears its ugly head. How is the yoga going that I recommended?

    Just trying to elevate the forum despite the attempts of yourself and Mr Potato among others to run it into the gutter.


    This forum was saved partially by my April rant, if you had bothered to follow what goes on here regularly. There was very little bickering compared to last year, as we came to a decent understanding (and Tucker stuck to Mets stuff only). You'll see that the biggest agitator left is this Ernie clown.

    Back on topic, time to drop ARoid way down in the order. This stooge is killing this team in the 3 hole. Get some cajones, Girardi

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post


    This forum was saved partially by my April rant, if you had bothered to follow what goes on here regularly. There was very little bickering compared to last year, as we came to a decent understanding (and Tucker stuck to Mets stuff only). You'll see that the biggest agitator left is this Ernie clown.

    Back on topic, time to drop ARoid way down in the order. This stooge is killing this team in the 3 hole. Get some cajones, Girardi
    They need to do something about him. It's not that he's just making outs and striking out a lot. He looks completely overmatched by mediocre pitchers, can't catch up to a 91 MPH fastball and hasn't really come close.

    His bat is terribly slow and his power is gone. Don't need to be a professional scout to see this. It's sad to watch knowing he's either going to strike out or ground into a DP every time there's a man on base.

    Here's my lineup for Game 3.

    Ichiro
    Granderson
    Jeter
    Cano
    Tex
    Ibanez
    Arod
    Martin
    Swisher

  7. #7
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    You'll see that the biggest agitator left is this Ernie clown.
    +1

    He's an MD.


    (Met Deflector, just Yank bashing, no posting of substance on Met issues)

    -

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have far less time on my hands these days.

    Started a business and some idiot agreed to marry me.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.

  9. #9
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    some idiot agreed to marry me.
    Ah, I'm sure he's a nice guy. COngrats!






    -

  10. #10
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually bought a Yankee jersey...MUNSON on the back. Should arrive Friday.

    Havent worn one since a kid. I had a Roy White jersey.

    Looking forward to wearing it. We have a Yankee bar here in Charlotte. Same bar we hold the JETS games at.


    For the record..REAL Yankee fans know the retirned numbers at least through 10, should know them all. if you don't..you are a band wagon or part time fan. Just my opinion.

    Most fans under 35 years old know 23 and thats it.

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Parsippany, NJ
    Posts
    3,665
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I actually bought a Yankee jersey...MUNSON on the back. Should arrive Friday.

    Havent worn one since a kid. I had a Roy White jersey.

    Looking forward to wearing it. We have a Yankee bar here in Charlotte. Same bar we hold the JETS games at.


    For the record..REAL Yankee fans know the retirned numbers at least through 10, should know them all. if you don't..you are a band wagon or part time fan. Just my opinion.

    Most fans under 35 years old know 23 and thats it.
    A REAL Yankee fan wouldn't wear a jersey with a name on it.

  12. #12
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Btw, anyone watching St. Louis/Washington?

    Davey Johnson looks deathly ill....a look Ive seen on many cancer patients.

    Hope I'm wrong.

    -

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    A REAL Yankee fan wouldn't wear a jersey with a name on it.
    This will not have his name on it...just 15.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,705
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Btw, anyone watching St. Louis/Washington?

    Davey Johnson looks deathly ill....a look Ive seen on many cancer patients.

    Hope I'm wrong.

    -
    He looked like death 15 years ago.

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Game 3 lineup

    Jeter
    Ichiro
    A-Rod (DH)
    Cano
    Swisher
    Tex
    Granderson
    Martin
    Chavez (3B)


    looks like Joe is committed to Rodriguez in that 3 hole. Dude better produce.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,028
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a must win tonight for the Yanks.Hughes scares the hell out of me.Don't want him starting in a must win tomorrow night

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7,954
    Post Thanks / Like

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,886
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    He looked like death 15 years ago.
    Thats my point. He's a zombie.


    Where's MLB on this?





    -

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than 2009, it's the same thing thing with this team for last 10 years. Offense disappears in the post-season. Even Cano who was hotter than hot the last 3 weeks of the season is now swinging at garbage.

    Pitching has done well enough to win the last 2 games, especially Kuroda.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-10-2012 at 09:38 PM.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Other than 2009, it's the same thing thing with this team for last 10 years. Offense disappears in the post-season. Even Cano who was hotter than hot the last 3 weeks of the season is now swinging at garbage.

    Pitching has done well enough to win the last 2 games, especially Kuroda.
    +1

    This team is a disgrace.

    and Girardi's insistence to bat aroid 3rd when he can't even put up a single decent swing is converting me quickly from "supporter" to "fire him now"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us