Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What, No Orioles-Yankees Series Thread?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sumbudy ice this fukr.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chance Ibanez hits a HR here. 0%.

Should of been at the plate with 1 out with runners on 3rd and 2nd in 8th. Needed to do very little in that situation.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Gotta feel bad for Jobber there. He's had a rough, humbling year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cano, Arod, Swisher, Granderson.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Anyone not named Ibanez
    Fixed

I'd rather lose tomorrow than get pummeled by the Tigers offense.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-Rod up 3rd the next inning. Does he ever not end a playoff game?

EDIT: LOL Chavez hits for A-Rod.
    Last edited by 21st Amendment; 10-12-2012 at 12:04 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cano, Arod, Swisher, Granderson.
    It's not like we didn't see this coming.

This is the same team with the same problems for the past several years. They're built to score with home runs and don't score otherwise.

They strike out WAY too much and have lots of trouble getting runs in from 3rd with less than two outs. They can't hit a single when they need one. Everyone is looking for a 3 run homer when a basehit will produce 2 runs.

I was hoping Ichiro would change some of that, but his bat also caught the cold going around.

25 innings in 2 games and, without Ibanez, would have 2 runs. And Jeter (with an assist from Adam Jones) drove in 1 and scored the other.

They are hard to watch sometimes.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swisher just has to go after this year. Bring back Ichiro, and maybe move Nunez to OF. He has the speed for it. Tex at least is hitting a little bit.

Granderson should kiss Arod's butt. If it was for Alex, people would be calling to pinch hit for Granderson right now. I would rather see Gardner in center at this point. At least he won't K 3 times a game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    It's not like we didn't see this coming.

This is the same team with the same problems for the past several years. They're built to score with home runs and don't score otherwise.

They strike out WAY too much
    and have lots of trouble getting runs in from 3rd with less than two outs. They can't hit a single when they need one. Everyone is looking for a 3 run homer when a basehit will produce 2 runs.

I was hoping Ichiro would change some of that, but his bat also caught the cold going around.

25 innings in 2 games and, without Ibanez, would have 2 runs. And Jeter (with an assist from Adam Jones) drove in 1 and scored the other.

They are hard to watch sometimes.
    But Billy Beane said strikeouts don't matter!!

How could Cano go from being the hottest hitter on the planet to this in a couple days?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are an amazingly ANNOYING team to watch!!
    Our pitchers have been lights friggin' out and these dopes can't hold up their end of the bargain.?
    Obviously I want a win tonight but whenever this season ends I want wholesale changes.

Swish - love ya but 1 for 34 with RISP?? There is not a level of SUCK low enough for that!
    Grandy - 43 Hrs but .230 & a fillion strikeouts ain't cutting it. Buh-bye!
    A-Rod - offer to pay half his salary and see if there are any takers. This jag has deteriorated at a crazy rate of speed.

The NYJ, this offense, no friggin' hockey.....I hate sports.........

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Swisher just has to go after this year. Bring back Ichiro, and maybe move Nunez to OF. He has the speed for it. Tex at least is hitting a little bit.

Granderson should kiss Arod's butt. If it was for Alex, people would be calling to pinch hit for Granderson right now. I would rather see Gardner in center at this point. At least he won't K 3 times a game.
    What kills me is that the team is so deep, has so many quality players on the bench and they aren't getting a chance to help out.

Who knows where Gardner is at right now and if he can be productive. Can't be any worse than Curtis, that's for sure.

But Joe always sticks with his guys, perhaps to a fault. Maybe it will payoff in the end. Maybe they win tonight and the guys Joe has been riding will finally come through and push the Yanks on a championship run. It's possible, though not likely.

Sit Granderson. Sit A-Rod. Put Jeter 3rd in the order. Do something to win this game other than trot out the same guys who have done nothing but keep the O's in this series.

So many people were concerned about the starting piching, wondering if they would be good enough to not lose games for the offense. Funny how it worked out.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see the offense breaking out for 5-6 runs by CC not being on his game. That's baseball.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Golden opportunity wasted last night. Win that game and you have CC and your rotation lined up for the ALCS. Now even if they win, the rotation will be stunted in the ALCS.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone who has watched this team all year should be surprised by any of this.

I want both Nunez and Gardy in the linup today

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A-Rod benched tonight.

Jeter
    Ichiro
    Cano
    Tex
    Raul
    Swish
    Grandy
    Martin
    Chavez

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Not an ARod fan at all...I just don't agree sitting ARod at all

Seems to me Joe is using ARod as his scapegoat

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Not an ARod fan at all...I just don't agree sitting ARod at all

Seems to me Joe is using ARod as his scapegoat
    I guess Joe saw Cano, Swish, & too a lesser extent Grandy, hitting well as recent as least week and A-Rod has been a $27MM singles/strikeout machine for a month.
    Benching deserved, IMO.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Anyone who has watched this team all year should be surprised by any of this.

I want both Nunez and Gardy in the linup today
    Gardner has zero at bats since coming off the DL. He;s only a pinch runner/defensive replacement player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 21st Amendment View Post
    Gardner has zero at bats since coming off the DL. He;s only a pinch runner/defensive replacement player.
    Even with absolutely NO at bats... do you think Gardner would be 1-16 with 9Ks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raul in left. Ichiro in right. Swisher next to ARod. Even if Raul goes 0-4 he's not the guaranteed out swisher is