Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From what I've see so far, Jets should NOT keep Revis

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    its all revis fault now? trade revis. you cant make this stuff up jets fans complain about one of the best defensive player in the league.
    LOL

What?

Eveyone knows that Revis is a great player. No one is disputing that.

But our offense is a total sh*t show and we can't do much to improve it if we have almost 15% of our cap space tied up in Revis.

He's a great player, but he's a CB.

We all know that Revis isn't going to take a hometown discount or be reasonable with his demands. He's going to want somewhere in the range of $16-18 million a year and it would be f*cking nuts to give a corner franchise QB money, no matter how great he is.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    trade our best defensive player for a draft pick that might not even make the team. and im the simpleton? guess again.

look at what slugs are earning on this team then come back and say revis isnt the worth the money.
    Paying a CB QB money, which is what he will want, is foolish, no matter how good said CB is.

A good pass rush can go way farther in masking a mediocre secondary, as opposed to the opposite, which is what we have now.

And yes, I changed my original post because I wanted to remain civil, although your lack of football knowledge and simply the ability to form coherent sentences poses a huge challenge in that area.
    Last edited by Ruby2; 10-09-2012 at 01:01 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    If the saints finish with the worst record in the league, they dont need a QB....would Revis net the #1 overall pick?
    The Saints won't finish with worst record, but they would be near the top of any list of teams very interested in Revis. Packers, Pats, Chargers, Colts, and a few others would probably be very interested as well.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Paying a CB QB money, which is what he will want, is foolish, no matter how good said CB is.

A good pass rush can go way farther in masking a mediocre secondary, as opposed to the opposite, which is what we have now.
    how do you know what revis will want? he might restructure to benefit the team if locked up for his career. you and i dont know.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

What?

Eveyone knows that Revis is a great player. No one is disputing that.

But our offense is a total sh*t show and we can't do much to improve it if we have almost 15% of our cap space tied up in Revis.

He's a great player, but he's a CB.

We all know that Revis isn't going to take a hometown discount or be reasonable with his demands. He's going to want somewhere in the range of $16-18 million a year and it would be f*cking nuts to give a corner franchise QB money, no matter how great he is.
    so now the offense is revis fault? lmfaoroffl

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    its all revis fault now? trade revis. you cant make this stuff up jets fans complain about one of the best defensive player in the league.
    We all know how great he is, but this team is a mess and needs a lot of help. Paying huge money for him just doesn't make sense.

Question for you...Do you think the Jets would have beaten the 49ers, Steelers or Texans with Revis?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    how do you know what revis will want? he might restructure to benefit the team if locked up for his career. you and i dont know.
    Are you kidding me with this?

The guy who has already held out twice and wants to redo his contract after seemingly every season, is going to structure his contract in a "team friendly" way?

What are you basing this on?

Revis is great, but by all accounts, he's one of the more selfish players in the league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So a guy who has hold out twice in his career is going to give us a team friendly deal.

LOL Ok dude, you can believe that if you want, LMAO

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, if Revis will take $8mm a year, then we should absolutely keep him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least admit your GMC

It would make me sad to know that there is more than one person in the universe with these absurd viewpoints.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only wildcard is we don't know what Revis's injury does to his negotiating position. It is certainly a factor that has to be taken into consideration.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets all bash revis. why the hell not? we complain when we win complain when we lose. the revis witch hunt is on. trade our best defensive player for a draft pick that might not even make the team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least admit your GMC

It would make me sad to know that there is more than one person in the universe with these absurd viewpoints.
    why dont you and sar i get a room. im not gmc and why did you pull back the personal attack?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    lets all bash revis. why the hell not? we complain when we win complain when we lose. the revis witch hunt is on. trade our best defensive player for a draft pick that might not even make the team.
    Yay proven NFL players > Draft picks

I'm sure you were a huge fan of the Herchel Walker deal

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    why dont you and sar i get a room. im not gmc and why did you pull back the personal attack?
    Stop *****ing about personal attacks.

You have returned after being banned which is the "worst" offense of all.

You come of with these viewpoints, and some people might express their feeling about them in not the kindest ways.

Don't post nonsense and you wont get "personally attacked"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop *****ing about personal attacks.

You have returned after being banned which is the "worst" offense of all.

You come of with these viewpoints, and some people might express their feeling about them in not the kindest ways.

Don't post nonsense and you wont get "personally attacked"
    think whatever you want i dont care.

you cant discuss anything without a personal attack.

lets trade revis for a draft pick maybe we can get another vernon gholston.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Or maybe we can get a legit f*cking QB who can be the focal point of this offense for the next 10-12 years.

You're right, f*ck draft picks.

Let's just trade all of ours for vets who might give us a year or two of quality play before they fade into obscurity.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    First, fire Rex and all his coaches, Next, hire an HC who has a vision for what this team could be offensively and defensively.

Then, hire a competent GM who's a knowledgeable football guy. Finally, ask that new GM to get the most value possible through a Revis trade. Pass rusher, QB, receivers, a running back, whatever. Just get us as many players we need to fill the many voids as possible. F**k draft picks.
    You hire the GM first and let him pick the coach.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    think whatever you want i dont care.

you cant discuss anything without a personal attack.

Listen, no one is saying that trading Revis is a good thing, it is simply making the most out of a crappy situation.

You cant pay a CB QB money and expect to have a balanced team, it just doesn't work that way. Nothing in Revis's history would even come close to suggest that he would be willing to take a discount on a new contract.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Nike

You seem to want a personal attack...

You are a moron who adds nothing to this board. Your opinions are in line with what a 4yr old might say. You have little to no football knowledge and this place is worse off because of posters like you!