Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: From what I've see so far, Jets should NOT keep Revis

From what I've see so far, Jets should NOT keep Revis

I want to start by saying I love Revis, but after watching the first five games the Jets have the same problems they would have had with Revis on the field.

I believe if Revis wasn't hurt the Jets would still be 2 and 3.

Putting $12mm into him would simply be a mistake. (basically 10% of your entire cap)

Putting $10mm into him would still be a mistake.

If you can sign him for $8mm a year you do it, but that's NOT going to happen. Trade him next year, or even now if you can and get what you can for him.

The problem is that when he goes we will have a hole at CB. Cromartie had a very good game last night, not sure if he can maintain it. Wilson is iffy at best. I do agree about the cost though, that could be the biggest problem.

Jets Insider VIP
    There's no goddamn way that you can sink a ton of money into Revis with how awful this current offense is.

Hey, the guy is probably the greatest corner I've seen in the past 15-20 years, but star CB's don't win Superbowl's and aren't the cornerstones of any championship team.

It seems like a lot of Jets fans are more concerned with bragging about having the best CB in the league than they are with improving the team as a whole.

If they could get a lot back in a trade, I agree they'd have to consider it. But letting go of our best player and then turning around and paying Sanchez $10 mill next season would be a bit sickening

for $16 million a year we can have 2 premium players at needier positions.

i think we seriously consider trading him if Cro and Wilson keep playing well

we'll trade him for a couple of highn draft picks who will be busts anyway haha

Jets Insider VIP
    I love how we all say' "You cant pay premiere money for a CB" yet we expect some team to do that and give us picks in the process.

Most likely scenario, he walks and we get compensatory picks. Maybe we trade him, but it will not bring in the haul that everyone thinks.

Hall Of Fame
    It is just not clear to me that we would get a boatload of picks for him. I do not see a team out there that is going to be willing to ransom 12% of their salary cap for the next 6-8 years to sign Revis and then be expected to give up lots of picks and/or players in addition to that.

Ain't happening.

First, fire Rex and all his coaches, Next, hire an HC who has a vision for what this team could be offensively and defensively.

Then, hire a competent GM who's a knowledgeable football guy. Finally, ask that new GM to get the most value possible through a Revis trade. Pass rusher, QB, receivers, a running back, whatever. Just get us as many players we need to fill the many voids as possible. F**k draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I love how we all say' "You cant pay premiere money for a CB" yet we expect some team to do that and give us picks in the process.

Most likely scenario, he walks and we get compensatory picks. Maybe we trade him, but it will not bring in the haul that everyone thinks.
    I agree, don't think we'll get a whole lot in value back. 3rd or 4th (maybe a 2nd). Whatever team signs him knows he's not going to be rational, but there will be a team or two out there willing to give him $12mm to $15mm so we won't be able to hold him.

One question...

Is it better to have him for another year and get nothing in return or trade him now and get a 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    It is just not clear to me that we would get a boatload of picks for him. I do not see a team out there that is going to be willing to ransom 12% of their salary cap for the next 6-8 years to sign Revis and then be expected to give up lots of picks and/or players in addition to that.

Ain't happening.
    Your all crazy!
    Revis is one of the BEST defensive players in the league & a team with cap room will definitely be interested in talking to the Jets.
    Personally, after seeing last nights game, JJ Watt is a more important player than Revis.
    That guy single handedly made 5-6 game changing plays last night.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I agree, don't think we'll get a whole lot in value back. 3rd or 4th (maybe a 2nd). Whatever team signs him knows he's not going to be rational, but there will be a team or two out there willing to give him $12mm to $15mm so we won't be able to hold him.

One question...

Is it better to have him for another year and get nothing in return or trade him now and get a 3rd?
    I say hold onto him for another year. We may even get a 3rd as a comp pick, although I dont know if comp picks ever go that high.

Anyone off hand know waht the Texans get as a comp pick for letting Williams walk? I would assume we would get at least that.

its all revis fault now? trade revis. you cant make this stuff up jets fans complain about one of the best defensive player in the league.

He'll get a first rounder guaranteed.

Don't underestimate how an awful secondary has doomed some great teams of recent years. Revis has far more value than you guys are giving him credit for. Most teams don't even have a guy as good as Cromartie. SB contenders like the Pats line up scrubs like McCourty and the Giants are on like a 5th stringer across from Webster right now. Plenty of the upper echelon teams in the league would be interested in adding Revis as a sort of final piece of the puzzle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    its all revis fault now? trade revis. you cant make this stuff up jets fans complain about one of the best defensive player in the league.
    Positional value. You just can't tie up that much money in a CB, it is not smart regardless of talent level.

Having a premier CB isn't nearly as beneficial as having a premier pass rusher or qb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Easily. He is a HoF talent and entering his prime in terms of age. Injury could be only thing that would scare some teams off, but with an athlete of Revis's caliber at his age, they usually bounce back just fine

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    POSSIBLY

You are a simpleton who doesn't understand the concept of a salary cap.

Not to mention that having a premier CB isn't nearly as beneficial as having a premier pass rusher or qb.
    why did you change you're post? personal attack?

trade our best defensive player for a draft pick that might not even make the team. and im the simpleton? guess again.

look at what slugs are earning on this team then come back and say revis isnt the worth the money.

If the saints finish with the worst record in the league, they dont need a QB....would Revis net the #1 overall pick?