Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From what I've see so far, Jets should NOT keep Revis

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Dear Nike

You seem to want a personal attack...

You are a moron who adds nothing to this board. Your opinions are in line with what a 4yr old might say. You have little to no football knowledge and this place is worse off because of posters like you!
    And he claims he isn't GMC, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    think whatever you want i dont care.

you cant discuss anything without a personal attack.

lets trade revis for a draft pick maybe we can get another vernon gholston.
    I'm less concerned with the what we get back then giving over 10% of your cap to a CB.

Don't trade and let him finish out his contract is fine, but just doesn't make sense to give a CB that kind of money...

btw. I would agree if you were going to give any CB in the past 20 years that kind of money, it would be him....

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Dear Nike

You seem to want a personal attack...

You are a moron who adds nothing to this board. Your opinions are in line with what a 4yr old might say. You have little to no football knowledge and this place is worse off because of posters like you!
    thanks i surely will be heartbroken and in distress because guys like you who are followers and like to pile on feel this way.

draft picks sometimes usually dont work out. i would hate to trade revis and get another vernon gholston in return. but hey thats my thoughts. you guys seem to think you're the experts in all this so i just sit back and let you all think you are the next gm of the jets. thanks

Trade revis for either picks or players or let him play out his last season. I would not give him a huge contract. That money would be better spent on a stud RB, upgrading oline, or getting a pass rusher (any combo of this would be ok with me)

Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    You hire the GM first and let him pick the coach.
    Ooops. Went out of order. Thanks for the correction. Unless we give Cowher or Chucky both jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    POSSIBLY
    If John Abraham netted a 1st rd pick in his franchise tag yr - Revis should get at least a 1st and 2d. That bounty and opening up the cash would be a huge help to this team -

In 2014 when Sanchez and Holmes come off the books the Jets will be in a great position.

Ill say honestly i dont know what to do at this point. I think everyone has to go in the front office and coaches. As far as revis, we all know his asking price is going to be sky high based off history. It was ok when our team was close but its unacceptable now. We might have to let one of the best defensive players weve ever had go and im sad to say that because in every argument i have i always end with "oh yeah well we have Revis" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    He'll get a first rounder guaranteed.
    From whom? What GM is going to give up a 1st and 12mill for a corner coming off a ACL Who most likely will not be able to work out until July.

Revis will be on the team in 2013, if he was not injured i thought Snyder would have been a likely trade partner before he gave up all his picks.

12 mill a year is the same as two 2 starters and 1st rd pick money wise. Remember the other team is giving a 4 year 50 mill contract to a 28 yo corner coming off a ACL.

Hall Of Fame
    Revis is basically untradeable coming off an ACL. Who is going to give up a #1 or a #2 for a player that is injured AND wants to get paid. I do not think he is going to hold out coming off an ACL injury so lets hope he plays well next year then we can trade him. There is hope b.c there are plenty of the players in the NFL that recently had ACL tears and they are playing at a high level.

We need a regime change after this year. 2013 will be a lost season while we clear cap space. If we get a QB in this year's draft, there is chance we are competitive in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by BrowningNagle View Post
    If John Abraham netted a 1st rd pick in his franchise tag yr - Revis should get at least a 1st and 2d. That bounty and opening up the cash would be a huge help to this team -

In 2014 when Sanchez and Holmes come off the books the Jets will be in a great position.
    Abe was not coming off a ACL injury
    DE is more of a premium position than corner
    He did not get a contract for 10% of Atlanta's cap.

In 2006 the cap was scheduled to go up about 10% per year for the next three years. The cap is not scheduled to go up for the next two years and the union is borowing cap space money form the 2015 season already. and plaese remember that Revis has 12 mill of signing bonus left after the 2012 if he is traded next year all that 12 mill hits the books.

Tanny in his infinite wisdom Signed Revis to a 7 year contract with an option to void after 4 with 3 mill each year allocated to SB amortization, which kept the cap hit low for the life of the deal. However if Revis opts out since he already got the whole SB, the jets need to account for it on thier cap at time of trade.

According to Jason's site it actually cost the jets 3 mill more to trade him than to keep him next year.
    Last edited by patman; 10-09-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    From whom? What GM is going to give up a 1st and 12mill for a corner coming off a ACL Who most likely will not be able to work out until July.

Revis will be on the team in 2013, if he was not injured i thought Snyder would have been a likely trade partner before he gave up all his picks.

12 mill a year is the same as two 2 starters and 1st rd pick money wise. Remember the other team is giving a 4 year 50 mill contract to a 28 yo corner coming off a ACL.
    4 year 50? You'r out of your damn mind. Even with his injury, Revis is getting a 6-7 year deal for over 80 mil. Most likely the numbers approach 90-100. A team like the Pats, who have cap room and an offense already in place could go hard after Revis if he plays out next year and hits the market as an UFA.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-09-2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    4 year 50? You'r out of your damn mind. Even with his injury, Revis is getting a 6-7 year deal for over 80 mil. Most likely the numbers approach 90-100. A team like the Pats, who have cap room and an offense already in place could go hard after Revis if he plays out next year and hits the market as an UFA.
    The pats will not pay Revis that kind of money. The did not think Samuel in his prime was worth 2/3 of what Revis will be asking.

4 years 50 is what he will make IMO. he might get 6 years and 72 mill contract but I am talking what he will actually get paid. Do you think a team is going to pay him 12 mill when he is 33 or do you think he will be cut?

All Pro
    The injury has almost no bearing on his trade value IMO.

Everyone knows how hard he works and that he will bring that work ethic to his rehabilitation. I don't think anyone is overly concerned about his injury.

The Docs will fix the problem and he will be back to full strength by training camp or pre-season.

the jets can afford to trade revis if the dline becomes dominant. until they can get reliable pressure on the qb they need to have corners like revis. right now revis helps the line play because they don't need such an effective pass rush.

I understand Revis is making a lot of money... but so are Sanchez and Holmes, two offensive players that add very little to the team. Wouldn't it make sense to improve the offense by freeing up cap space currently occupied by worthless offensive players?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    It is just not clear to me that we would get a boatload of picks for him. I do not see a team out there that is going to be willing to ransom 12% of their salary cap for the next 6-8 years to sign Revis and then be expected to give up lots of picks and/or players in addition to that.

Ain't happening.
    Especially with him coming off an injury. I do not see bid picks coming our way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The injury has almost no bearing on his trade value IMO.

Everyone knows how hard he works and that he will bring that work ethic to his rehabilitation. I don't think anyone is overly concerned about his injury.

The Docs will fix the problem and he will be back to full strength by training camp or pre-season.
    You can't be serious to think that the trade value of a corner is not affected by a ACL injury. I do agree he will be ok to go by Pre-season. Look at the teams, and see what teams do you think will have 12 mill of cap space August 15, 2013 in order to make the trade. (I am assuming you don't believe a team will sign him before he can get on the field) Check to see how many teams have that much space now. 3 teams that is it. Does Revis want to play for those teams and do those teams want to pay that kind of money.

This season will be a great litmus test to see how valuable Revis truly is to this Defense. If the secondary plays like it did last night, and we can get a 1st rounder for Revis, I think you let him go. We'd have like 30 million in cap space next year with Revis, Scott and Pace coming off the books along with the $8mil from this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    This season will be a great litmus test to see how valuable Revis truly is to this Defense. If the secondary plays like it did last night, and we can get a 1st rounder for Revis, I think you let him go. We'd have like 30 million in cap space next year with Revis, Scott and Pace coming off the books along with the $8mil from this year.
    I would trade him, but not for only a #1. If RGIII is worth 3 #1s.....

Mario Williams got $100M people.

I called that a joke when he signed. At least Revis will be worth the money.

I also think it's funny that people think you can get upper echelon anything for $8M/yr anymore.

Pierre Garcon makes more than $8M/yr.