Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Look for Rex to stay as HC, and Tanny/Sanchez to be gone in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    No but the fans are.

He threw two picks that weren't his fault and got knocked around A LOT by Houston's D AND doesn't have a primary receiver that is healthy.

People need to get a grip. Sanchez isn't the problem.
    Ches...I was referring to REX. I feared, after SF, that the team would quit on REX.

They did not.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    No but the fans are.

He threw two picks that weren't his fault and got knocked around A LOT by Houston's D AND doesn't have a primary receiver that is healthy.

I think he's talking about the team not quiting on Rex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Not going to happen.

We should all be praying that Mark doesn't demand a trade after the way that he's been misused and mistreated in this town.

Rex Ryan was brought here to sell PSL's and Club seats, to fill a brand-new stadium. We are now at the point where his theatrics are no longer needed, and what we need is a balanced football man to come in here and lead the franchise properly.

SAR I
    PRAYING?!

SAR, what planet are you from? ANY Jets fan with any ounce of reality in their heads would jump for joy if Sanchez demanded and got a trade. That would be a coup for the Jets. That's like selling swamp land to the unsuspecting buyer for a billion dollars.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ches...I was referring to REX. I feared, after SF, that the team would quit on REX.

They did not.
    Oh.....nevermind....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but the fans are.

Sanchez isn't the sole reason that this team is in turmoil, but he's a damn big part of it.

How people can continually watch Sanchez sail passes over wide open receivers heads and contantly look indecisive in the pocket and STILL make excuse after excuse for him is beyond me.

The kid isn't a rookie anymore, it's his 4th full season as a starter.

If Sanchez needs every facet of our offense to be firing on all cylinders just to turn in a halfway decent performance...then move the hell on.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but the fans are.

When you stare down receivers like Sanchez does, It is your fault. You think the Texans were dropping their best pass rusher back for ****s and giggles? The whole world knows sanchez sits and stares and loves inside slants near the goalline. Our 2 TD's this year? 2 inside slants.

Those interceptions were not fluke plays by the Texans. They were predictable...The Texans dropped lineman into the slant lanes, and expect to see it done to us the rest of the season now.

Mark Sanchez has Led the league in Turnovers at the QB position since his rookie year. Please tell me they are all none of his fault. He led the league last year in turnovers--Also not his fault?

You guys act like no other team has injuries, like no other Qb has had to deal with these issues in the NFL. Delusional fans.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sanchez isn't the sole reason that this team is in turmoil, but he's a damn big part of it.

How people can continually watch Sanchez sail passes over wide open receivers heads and contantly look indecisive in the pocket and STILL make excuse after excuse for him is beyond me.

The kid isn't a rookie anymore, it's his 4th full season as a starter.

If Sanchez needs every facet of our offense to be firing on all cylinders just to turn in a halfway decent performance...then move the hell on.
    -Non-existent pass rush
    -Cannot consistently stop the run
    -Zero offensive running game
    -D3 receivers who drop passes
    -4th yr QB whose accuracy can be questioned
    -Losing 2 of the best athletes on the team

Put these in order, worst being first, I'm interested to see how you rank them.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    When you stare down receivers like Sanchez does, It is your fault. You think the Texans were dropping their best pass rusher back for ****s and giggles? The whole world knows sanchez sits and stares and loves inside slants near the goalline. Our 2 TD's this year? 2 inside slants.

Those interceptions were not fluke plays by the Texans. They were predictable...The Texans dropped lineman into the slant lanes, and expect to see it done to us the rest of the season now.

Mark Sanchez has Led the league in Turnovers at the QB position since his rookie year. Please tell me they are all none of his fault. He led the league last year in turnovers--Also not his fault?

You guys act like no other team has injuries, like no other Qb has had to deal with these issues in the NFL. Delusional fans.
    You are delusional if you think getting rid of Sanchez is the answer to all of our team's problems. I'm not saying he is blameless here, but I don't think he's the prime cause of this mess. At least I haven't seen him play defense.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    -Non-existent pass rush

Put these in order, worst being first, I'm interested to see how you rank them.
    Okay

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are delusional if you think getting rid of Sanchez is the answer to all of our team's problems. I'm not saying he is blameless here, but I don't think he's the prime cause of this mess. At least I haven't seen him play defense.
    Getting rid of Sanchez doesn't solve all of our problems.

What it does, is it allows us to end this charade and wishful thinking that Mark Sanchez is a legitimate franchise QB.

It allows us to turn the page and move on, instead of treading water for yet another season with an incompetent, turnover prove QB.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okay

You forgot "non-existent pass rush", but that's ok.

This is how I rank'em:

-Non-existent pass rush

I believe a good running game helps the QB quite a bit AND on the other side of the ball a good pass rush can help when the offense screws up.

I think this excercise explains why our viewpoints differ when it comes to Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

The excuses for Sanchez will never end from certain Jet fans. They cannot separate the happy memory of his play in a few playoff games from the painful reality for his overall play in 50+ regular season games. I applaud the guy for playing well in a few big games and appreciate what he did for the franchise. But it is quite apparent that in those games he simply played over his head and got great supporting contributions from the rest of the team. He's had sufficient time to prove he could again play at that level or maintain that type of consistency. He can't. In fact, he's getting worse and seems to have no confidence anymore.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No but the fans are.

Yeah, amazing bad luck for that chap that always seems to throw two picks and fumble once has always been one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league and it's not his fault. He is the worst starting Qb in the league. Even total jags on shi* teams perform better.

Curtis friggin Painter had the same passer rating (66.6) and had a 54.3% comp last year for gods sake, Sanchez is at a whopping 48.4%. Kellen freakin Clemens 52.7% comp lat year.

Sanchez has numerous huge faults which he has not improved on or corrected over the years.

The Jets team has a lot of problems and weaknesses, considering the value of the position, starting Qb is their biggest problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how I rank'em:

-Non-existent pass rush

I believe a good running game helps the QB quite a bit AND on the other side of the ball a good pass rush can help when the offense screws up.

I think this excercise explains why our viewpoints differ when it comes to Sanchez.
    Sure a good running game helps a QB.

But your supposed "franchise" QB who you drafted in the Top 5 four years ago shouldn't look totally f*cking clueless if he doesn't have a dominant running game and a couple of stud receivers.

You don't draft a QB in the Top 5 in the hopes that he's the next Trent Dilfer. You draft a QB in the Top 5 in the hopes that he's the face of your franchise and the focal point of your offense for 10+ years.

All of the Sanchez apologists are still living off those two AFC Championship appearances. Two seasons in which we sported a Top 3 defense, a Top 5 running game, and arguably the best OL in the league. What QB wouldn't find some relative success given that situation?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Yeah, amazing bad luck for that chap that always seems to throw two picks and fumble once has always been one of the more inaccurate QB's in the league and it's not his fault. He is the worst starting Qb in the league. Even total jags on shi* teams perform better.

Curtis friggin Painter had the same passer rating (66.6) and had a 54.3% comp last year for gods sake, Sanchez is at a whopping 48.4%. Kellen freakin Clemens 52.7% comp lat year.

Sanchez has numerous huge faults which he has not improved on or corrected over the years.

The Jets team has a lot of problems and weaknesses, considering the value of the position, starting Qb is their biggest problem.
    All goes back to drafting a player who had very little experience in college. Had he played more, we'd have, most likely, seen that Sanchez had accuracy and turnover issues. Right now, in key spots--especially near the opponent's goal line--folks like me are anticipating a pick or fumble.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

This is how I rank'em:

-Non-existent pass rush

Take all of those problems, eliminate all of the plays where they are a big problem. That leaves the 6 or 7 plays a game where:

A good play call is made.
    The Receiver runs a good pattern and is open.
    The oline gives the QB lots of time.

The Qb still misses those plays as often as not. Forget all the other bad aspects of the team and look at plays where we have a chance to make a big play. (Classic example the Cromartie deep pass) and he still fugs it up at least half the time.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure a good running game helps a QB.

But your supposed "franchise" QB who you drafted in the Top 5 four years ago shouldn't look totally f*cking clueless if he doesn't have a dominant running game and a couple of stud receivers.

You don't draft a QB in the Top 5 in the hopes that he's the next Trent Dilfer. You draft a QB in the Top 5 in the hopes that he's the face of your franchise and the focal point of your offense for 10+ years.

All of the Sanchez apologists are still living off those two AFC Championship appearances. Two seasons in which we sported a Top 3 defense, a Top 5 running game, and arguably the best OL in the league. What QB wouldn't find some relative success given that situation?
    Agree completely. I wasn't thrilled with drafting him but got on board with that first AFC Championship game.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am firmly of the opinion that he has as many drops as he does because he throws more "hospital passes" than any QB I have ever seen. This man is getting his receivers killed on a regular basis and I think the drops are a result of that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way I far from a long term Sanchez hater. I was hopeful and even guardedly optimistic until very recently that his accuracy issues were a direct result of the game moving too fast for him and that they would improve as he understands what is going on around him.

I no longer have that opinion. He is inaccurate as hell on passes at all distances and he is getting his receivers killed regularly.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a head coach Rex is useless as Tits on a Bull,
    Footgate
    Finger gate
    Little Brother gate

FIRE HIS BUTT