Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 10/10

Jets Tweets & Info 10/10

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    As far as a replacement for Gates, Ryan sounded like he was counting on S. Hill's return yesterday which would give them same # active. #nyj

Expect the #Jets to check out a few veteran NTs this week. Worked out Matt Hardison Tuesday, went well, but looking for more of a vet.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Mark Sanchez is hardly lone culprit for Jets' struggles, bet he's enduring roughest stretch since his rookie year http://t.co/UyUE4NOv

Myers: Terrell Owens is the last thing the Jets need to add to the mix. Column: http://t.co/83NXKriq

Are Jets wavering on Sanchez? Woody Johnson to CNBC: "No." Will they never bench Sanchez for Tebow? Woody: "Never is a long time period"

Woody Johnson on Mark Sanchez: "We think he's that good.. He really is that good. I wouldn't look at the numbers too seriously." #nyj

Jets owner Woody Johnson on CNBC: "Are we going to keep Tebow? Absolutely. He'll be with us for 3 years." #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-10-2012 at 10:05 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Mark Sanchez is hardly lone culprit for Jets' struggles, bet he's enduring roughest stretch since his rookie year http://t.co/UyUE4NOv

Myers: Terrell Owens is the last thing the Jets need to add to the mix. Column: http://t.co/83NXKriq

Are Jets wavering on Sanchez? Woody Johnson to CNBC: "No." Will they never bench Sanchez for Tebow? Woody: "Never is a long time period"

Woody Johnson on Mark Sanchez: "We think he's that good.. He really is that good. I wouldn't look at the numbers too seriously." #nyj

Jets owner Woody Johnson on CNBC: "Are we going to keep Tebow? Absolutely. He'll be with us for 3 years." #nyj

I have absolutely no problem with this answer.What i would like to know is in what capacity? I am almost certain tebow is asking the same question.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

That's a stupid answer. Who the hell knows what will be next year, let alone the next 3. Is he even under contract for the next three years?

In reading it again, I'm assuming he means this year plus the next 2. Either way, its still an unnecessary commitment. What if the guy ends up totally sucking?

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    That's a stupid answer. Who the hell knows what will be next year, let alone the next 3. Is he even under contract for the next three years?

In reading it again, I'm assuming he means this year plus the next 2. Either way, its still an unnecessary commitment. What if the guy ends up totally sucking?
    I think it was Woody's lame way of saying "his contract is for three years, so he'll be here for three years" without acknowledging that the team of course has the right to terminate the contract at any time.

Still agree - dumb comment.

Its an awful comment. Why give the media ANYTHING at all when you have no idea how to manage the personnel of an NFL team.

Woody has no idea how to run a business let alone an NFL roster....stop giving information for no reason.

All League
    woody needs to just shut up already

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets sign DL Daniel Muir, former Colt. Mauga on IR.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Jets sign Daniel Muir, Rex announces

Jets place Josh Mauga on IR with torn pec, Rex confirms

Pouha, Ellis, mangold, Conner, Landry won't practice today

Rex says Mangold didn't suffer a high ankle sprain. Hopeful he'll play Sunday. Says Ellis like won't play vs Colts #nyj

Uncertain whether Pouha will play vs Colts with low back injury

Rex on if he's ready to concede defense won't be among best this year: "No way. I'll never concede that at all" #nyj

Rex intimated that Jets could move off Tebow - or any player- if it's "in the best interest of the team" ... Says no player guaranteed future

Rex on Sanchez: "He's our starter this week.... he's our starter." Won't say he is starter for rest of season #nyj

Rex: "decision to play Tebow, it's going to be my decision.It's not going to be public's decision. I've learned thru yrs to tune out public"

Rex echoes Woody Johnson's statement that Tebow is part of long term plan: "Without question" ... Later says "there's no guarantees"

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Both Hill and Keller are limited, which Ryan pointed to as hopeful sign for Sunday #jets #nyj

Jets RapidReports @CBSJets
    Kenrick Ellis (MCL) also doesn't look good for Sunday. If he and Po'uha can't play, Damon Harrison might get the call. DeVito can fill in too.
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-10-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets sign DL Daniel Muir, former Colt. Mauga on IR.
    http://www.stampedeblue.com/2008/10/...daniel-muir-an

Brian Costello @BrianCoz
    Jim Nantz and Phil Simms on the game this Sunday for CBS.

Jets RapidReports @CBSJets
    Clyde Gates (shoulder) won't practice, but Ryan doesn't think it's serious. Sounds like he'll play Sunday. Conner still out w/a hamstring.

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says Sanchez will be starting QB "this week" & leaves open possibility Tebow won't be w/NYJ for next 3 yrs. Story: tinyurl.com/8vu3f7n
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Seth Walder @SethWalderNYDN
    New defensive lineman Daniel Muir will wear no. 99. #nyj

Correction...

Conor Orr @ConorTOrr
    Muir is 95 now not 99. #jets #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-10-2012 at 02:43 PM.

@BrianCoz: Keller is joining positional drills after doing some work with trainers to start practice . #nyj

@KristianRDyer: FLASHBACK: New Jets NT Daniel Muir shows the 'Woo Dance' to an Indy reporter Jeane Coakle, who was much younger then: http://t.co/LTUZ3Iy6

Kevin Armstrong ‏@KevinGArmstrong
    RT @mchappell51: #colts OLB Robert Mathis will miss 2-3 games with sprained left knee.

Jim Irsay ‏@JimIrsay
    Injury Report...DNP- P.Angerer D.Brown D.Freeney V.Davis R.Mathis F.Moala J.Reitz M.Tevaseu. LTD PART- none. FULL- M.Moore S.Satele

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Keller: "I think I'll be good to go." #nyj

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Mangold said this ankle injury feels better than last years, but would only say he wants to play and not that he will #jets #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Ellis said he sprained MCL and PCL. Out 4-6 weeks #nyj
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 10-10-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Slauson on cut block on Cushing: "I wasn't trying to hurt him obviously. I must have cut him by surprise" #nyj

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Slauson: "I feel bad that Cushing got hurt. That wasn't my intent." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @KristianRDyer: FLASHBACK: New Jets NT Daniel Muir shows the 'Woo Dance' to an Indy reporter Jeane Coakle, who was much younger then: http://t.co/LTUZ3Iy6
    She clearly still gets the plush assignments.

What a horrible season Pouha is having. Looks like another bad signing " after the fact". Another example of a Jet getting his pay day, and then sh*tting the bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    What a horrible season Pouha is having. Looks like another bad signing " after the fact". Another example of a Jet getting his pay day, and then sh*tting the bed.
    add him to the list players that need to be cut in 2013.

Rex on if he's ready to concede defense won't be among best this year: "No way. I'll never concede that at all" #nyj

straight up denial

No wonder the unit doesn't get better - Rex is living in fantasy world. He needs to look at what the defense is actually doing on the field and fix our obvious deficiencies.

Why "cement shoes" Bart Scott still starts is a total mystery.