View Poll Results: If you were Head Coach, what would YOU do with Mark Sanchez now?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Him for the Rest of the Season, Period.

50 32.26%
  • Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

45 29.03%
  • Start him ONE more game, sink or swim. Replace if we lose or he plays badly.

16 10.32%
  • Bench Him, Start Tebow Going Forward (McElroy if Tebow Fails)

21 13.55%
  • Bench Him, Start McElroy Goign Forward (Tebow if McElroy Fails)

23 14.84%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What Would YOU Do With Mark Sanchez Now?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...2/mark-sanchez

> Mark Sanchez is #6
    > He just lost MNF game #666
    > He has thrown 6 TDs and 6 INTs
    > His passer rating is 66.6
    > His longest completion is 66 yards
    > His average yards per attempt is 6.6

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They SHOULD bench him for McElroy.

They PROBABLY will eventually bench him for Tebow, but that won't happen until this team is either 2-6 or 3-9, 4-8.

If we beat Indianapolis, Sanchez lives all the way until Arizona, barring injury.

If we lose to Indianapolis, it's Tebow Time Week 10 in Seattle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FMJets View Post
    Do you consider Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery to be number one receivers? Keller a beast TE? Would anyone in the NFL? They can't even get on the field for their teams at this point.
    Bottom line it worked for Sanchez in 2010, and this years Sanchez would put up good numbers if these guys were playing.
    So stop it with Sanchez needing all pro's in every position, as is the case these guys were not even close to top NFL skill players.
    So u are saying that in 2010, Sanchez had a ( great/Solid/OK ) season in his 2nd yr as an NFL QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Hard to love Sanchez but it's crystal clear that he is the best QB on the roster. The Jets are 2 and 3 and have faced some very good defensive teams with less then a full deck. 2 and 3 isn't out of contention in this league particularly when 2 of your wins are in confrence.

Way to much panic on this board right now. The team looked over all decent last night which in this NFL puts you in contention for a playoff spot.

The coaching staff has to stabalize things and the Jets have to win a couple of close winable games to turn this around. It can be turned around but not by dumping your best option at QB.

If we had a better option at QB have at it, I don't believe we do and putting less talent on the field unless the guy is a complete locker room cancer is never a good way to win.
    There's much truth in your words grey rider, and that's why i agree with them. The problem is, the Jets do not know what they have as a backup plan should they ever be forced to find out. We all pretty much know what Tim Tebow is as a QB, but McElroy is an unknown in the NFL and a waste of a roster spot unless he can actually help the team . When would it be time to find out about this kid's ability to be even a Pat Ryan type.

This may sound cold to some, but no QB has ever needed a high ankle sprain as badly as Mark Sanchez does . The kid needs some time away from under Center so he can :

1 - Get a break from the pounding he's getting from defenses,the Fans and the national media.

2 - Allow all those mentioned above to see just how either good or bad things truely are.

3 - Prepare himself for next season either to be the undisputed leader of the Jets offense or to challenge whomever he has to for a starting position on his next team.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The last INT was thrown high and behind his reciever, leading to the tip-up and INT.

The reciever was culpable as well, hits your hands should be caught, but Sanchez is equally culpable for his usual horrific accuracy.

Like many things, it's not either or. It's both. Sanchez's bad pass to a reciever whose iffy hands were not up to catching that bad pass.

To some degree? Absolutely.

I could take you out into the parking lot old friend, and throw you ball after ball after ball you could never catch, but that would hit your fingertips. High and behind, a Sanchez staple, is very very hard to catch.

Doesn't excuse the reciever, this is the NFL. But just cause a reciever gets a finger on the ball does not excuse a bad pass either.
    Not only those, but he's been absolutely brutal on the short outs, some have been completed by they never catch it in stride, which makes it almost impossible to gain positive yardage.

I am/was a Sanchez supporter - I can't say "was" 100%, because I still think he's probably the QB that gives us the best chance to win, but he has been playing absolutely terribly, and you lose your credibility as a Sanchez supporter if you can't admit this. This isn't recent, either, it dates back to the Baltimore game last season (first game Mangold was out). I don't know what's going on, but another poster in another thread said "he's got no feel" for his passes - I think that's true, and I'd go a step further and say he's got no feel for the game right now - never seems to feel backside pressure the way other veteran QBs do, sometimes it seems like he could step up to avoid pressure and he doesn't, sometimes he steps up and into pressure, has no touch on his passes, etc. He doesn't have a veteran group of receivers that he's spent any good amount of time with, and that's always going to lead to a perceived lack of accuracy to a degree (for example, you can never really know if a 8-10yd post was thrown behind the receiver or the receiver broke it off too soon, or at too steep an angle, etc.) but those short flares and outs are more telling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should get one half vs. the Colts, if its the same Sanchez crap play we've seen for the past 4 weeks, TEBOWE TIME! The whole team will rally around Timmy.

I could also see the Jets winning an ugly one to the Colts despite Sanchez, then having him meltdown in a humiliating loss to the Pats, and having Tebow take over after that, winning 7 outta the last 9 games in typical Tebow fashion.

Tebow is inevitable. I wont be sitting in my seats again until Sanchez is on the bench.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Please keep posting so your lack of intelligence can be clearly seen by everyone.

Sanchez never threw the ball into any double, let alone triple, coverage last night. He made the right decisions with the ball, did he make a few bad throws? Yes he did. Were the 2 INT's all his fault. No they weren't.

I get it you hate Sanchez and are clueless when it comes to the game of football. It's something you can work on though so don't be too discouraged.
    Sorry, but you will surely lose this argument. You are one of the very few that still supports that waste of a roster spot.

I also noticed you were very clever to clarify that Sanchez never threw into any triple coverage, LAST NIGHT. Now, why don't you share the full truth and admit it's happened MANY times in the past.

And try to divide up the blame all you want about Sanchez's two picks. The last one is crystal clear. If he doesn't throw an inaccurate ball, the ball doesn't get tipped and intercepted. Simple as that. That's just one more mistake in an obscenely long list of failures Sanchez can sign off on.

Made the right decisions with the football? I really don't think you should be telling me how little I know. How many f*cking tipped passes does it take from Watt until Sanchez figures out he shouldn't be throwing it in his direction unless he can adjust his throw? That's called simple deduction.

Now, also if he made the right decisions with the football can you tell me why he completed only 48% of his passes. Because that statistic certainly doesn't seem to lend much credibility to what you are claiming, now does it?

It's time for the Jets to move on from Sanchez. You can hold on to the past all you'd like, but the Jets are going to move forward without you before this season is over.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's time to really start looking at building for the future. Is Sanchez really the guy for us? If so, then start him the rest of the way. But if you think he isn't, then it's a simple answer.

For me, Sanchez is a backup at best. Bench him, root for a 2 win season, and let's draft Geno. Going 7-9 will get us a non-impact player plus we'll miss out on the top QBs.

Fire Rex and Tanny. Get a real GM, and hire Chip Kelly.

Win.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You know what?

Excuse the bump but it really doesn't matter what anyone here votes....

....what matters is what Rex Ryan does. And I truly think he just might go with Mark the entire way since he's his guy, basically.

So I don't really see either Tebow nor McElroy get a START at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Sorry, but you will surely lose this argument. You are one of the very few that still supports that waste of a roster spot.

I also noticed you were very clever to clarify that Sanchez never threw into any triple coverage, LAST NIGHT. Now, why don't you share the full truth and admit it's happened MANY times in the past.

And try to divide up the blame all you want about Sanchez's two picks. The last one is crystal clear. If he doesn't throw an inaccurate ball, the ball doesn't get tipped and intercepted. Simple as that. That's just one more mistake in an obscenely long list of failures Sanchez can sign off on.

Made the right decisions with the football? I really don't think you should be telling me how little I know. How many f*cking tipped passes does it take from Watt until Sanchez figures out he shouldn't be throwing it in his direction unless he can adjust his throw? That's called simple deduction.

Now, also if he made the right decisions with the football can you tell me why he completed only 48% of his passes. Because that statistic certainly doesn't seem to lend much credibility to what you are claiming, now does it?

It's time for the Jets to move on from Sanchez. You can hold on to the past all you'd like, but the Jets are going to move forward without you before this season is over.
    Says the genius that wants to start noodle arm...

Listen I'm not trying to say Sanchez is going to be a HOF QB, but he's absolutely the best QB on our roster and since he's just started his 4th year with crap for talent around him he deserves to start the rest of the year. Sanchez is making improvements that the stats don't show and the ignorant can't see. He absolutely is making better decisions with the football. Is he also making mistakes? Of course he is.

A QB can absolutely make the right decision where to throw the ball and it can still be incomplete due to a poor throw/poor route/tipped pass/dropped pass/Powell falls down/Gates rounds off his route instead of cutting sharply turning a perfect pass into an INT/Cumberland drops a pass that any NFL caliber TE should catch 100% of the time/Hill drops a perfectly thrown TD pass/Cumberland takes his route too deep into the endzone which turns an easy TD catch to Hill into an INT etc. This should be extremely obvious to anyone that knows even the tiniest little bit about the game of football, but you don't understand it; go figure.

No matter how much you want Sanchez benched Rex is not going to do it. He's not the greatest coach in the world, but he's not quite a genius on the level you are.

BTW JJ Watt had more passes defended than any CORNERBACK in the league before he played the Jets. It's not like Sanchez is the only QB he's tipped passes against; the guy is 6'6" and can reach a foot and a half over a basketball rim. He's a freak athlete on the DL that specializes in tipping passes.

I'm done talking to you because you only add ignorance to the conversation; I have no more time for your ignorance of facts.
    Last edited by Manchez; 10-10-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd play Tebow since I want the Jets to get a high draft pick. When Tebow bombs out, let McElroy start the last 3 or 4 games to see if he's got anything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    I'd play Tebow since I want the Jets to get a high draft pick. When Tebow bombs out, let McElroy start the last 3 or 4 games to see if he's got anything.
    lageman, I feel your pain, you remind me of myself about 10 months ago. I can tell by your recent posts that all of this is hitting you like a ton of bricks right now and you are getting more and more enraged. I feel exactly the same.

Honestly, how much more do the JETS owner, HC, and GM think that fans can take?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    lageman, I feel your pain, you remind me of myself about 10 months ago. I can tell by your recent posts that all of this is hitting you like a ton of bricks right now and you are getting more and more enraged. I feel exactly the same.

Honestly, how much more do the JETS owner, HC, and GM think that fans can take?
    Once they fixed the RT problem I really did think the team would have a great year. I believed Sanchez would take a big step as a QB this season. He did but unfortunately that step has been backwards ! And the D has underwhelmed so far with the vaunted rookies completely invisible.

I guess I get frustrated most at the fact that the team doesn't seem to be developing players or putting them in situations that maximizes their opportunities for success. And there's not much accountability on the field. How Bart Scott and Grenne can continue to start in the face of horrible performances just boggles the mind.

Rex just seems to be stuck in one mind-set and won't consider other alternatives. He goes with the same tired old vets, uses the same ineffective schemes and seems to make no adjustments to fix obvious problems. I mean how could a HC miss things that all of us internet doofuses on JI can see so easily.

The Rex bluster I could put up with (barely) when the team was winning. Now it's just so tiresome. And these distractions like Tebow really make me wonder what's going on in the FO. The team is truly a circus show from the owner on down.