View Poll Results: If you were Head Coach, what would YOU do with Mark Sanchez now?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Him for the Rest of the Season, Period.

50 32.26%
  • Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

45 29.03%
  • Start him ONE more game, sink or swim. Replace if we lose or he plays badly.

16 10.32%
  • Bench Him, Start Tebow Going Forward (McElroy if Tebow Fails)

21 13.55%
  • Bench Him, Start McElroy Goign Forward (Tebow if McElroy Fails)

23 14.84%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would YOU Do With Mark Sanchez Now?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Voted: Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

This under 50% completion percentage is really bad, when almost all other QBs are 60% plus. INT's on short passes are a joke and that INT before the half was a killer, should have been yet another Sanchez pick 6, if not for Powell fighting thru blockers to being the Texan down. The Jets will be competitive against the Colts, but with NE the next week, we could be looking at a Sanchez stat line in NE as 10 for 28 for 142 yards with 1 TD and 3 INT (with one for a TD)...
    So Sanchez is responsible for tipped balls and dropped passes now? Unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Please tell me how that INT was Sanchez's fault
    The last INT was thrown high and behind his reciever, leading to the tip-up and INT.

The reciever was culpable as well, hits your hands should be caught, but Sanchez is equally culpable for his usual horrific accuracy.

Like many things, it's not either or. It's both. Sanchez's bad pass to a reciever whose iffy hands were not up to catching that bad pass.

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So Sanchez is responsible for tipped balls and dropped passes now? Unbelievable.
    To some degree? Absolutely.

I could take you out into the parking lot old friend, and throw you ball after ball after ball you could never catch, but that would hit your fingertips. High and behind, a Sanchez staple, is very very hard to catch.

Doesn't excuse the reciever, this is the NFL. But just cause a reciever gets a finger on the ball does not excuse a bad pass either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    Just the general tone from U that Nothing is Sanchez's fault and always making exuses for him. Nothing personal. Just a joke. Luv ya brother.
    Nah Sanchez makes his share of stupid mistakes but I will defend him and any other player when they are getting crap for something that's not their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Who gives a sh*t, excuse maker?!

We were in the this game and could have won it with 2minutes and change. Then, what does Sanchez do? He throws one of his patented horribly inaccurate throws that gets tipped (natural reaction by the WR trying to make a play)by the WR and gets intercepted.

So make excuses all you want about the JJ Watt pick, and I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you, but you CANNOT make any excuses about the pick that closed out the game. That was on Sanchez hook, line, and sinker.
    BS I'm not making excuses I'm stating facts. You're the one that can't see anything objectively when it comes to Sanchez.

In the NFL, and even High School for F's sake, receivers are expected to catch the GD ball when it hits them in the hands. NFL receivers should not need a perfectly thrown ball to make a reception.

Did Sanchez throw a perfect ball to Cumberland? No. Is an NFL receiver paid to make catches when the ball hits their freaking hands on a routine basis? Yes.

It was not all on Sanchez unless you are completely nonobjective and clueless about how the game of football is played; which you are so I'd expect you to blame everything on Sanchez.

Watch other games man, receivers make spectacular catches all the damn time, unless they play for the Jets, then the ball must be perfectly placed... WTF???

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The last INT was thrown high and behind his reciever, leading to the tip-up and INT.

The reciever was culpable as well, hits your hands should be caught, but Sanchez is equally culpable for his usual horrific accuracy.

Like many things, it's not either or. It's both. Sanchez's bad pass to a reciever whose iffy hands were not up to catching that bad pass.

To some degree? Absolutely.

I could take you out into the parking lot old friend, and throw you ball after ball after ball you could never catch, but that would hit your fingertips. High and behind, a Sanchez staple, is very very hard to catch.

Doesn't excuse the reciever, this is the NFL. But just cause a reciever gets a finger on the ball does not excuse a bad pass either.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Mark is the second coming of Johnny U, but he isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Will he ever be an elite QB? I doubt it, but the calamity around him is pulling whatever game he had down.

BS I'm not making excuses I'm stating facts. You're the one that can't see anything objectively when it comes to Sanchez.

In the NFL, and even High School for F's sake, receivers are expected to catch the GD ball when it hits them in the hands. NFL receivers should not need a perfectly thrown ball to make a reception.

Did Sanchez throw a perfect ball to Cumberland? No. Is an NFL receiver paid to make catches when the ball hits their freaking hands on a routine basis? Yes.

It was not all on Sanchez unless you are completely nonobjective and clueless about how the game of football is played; which you are so I'd expect you to blame everything on Sanchez.

Watch other games man, receivers make spectacular catches all the damn time, unless they play for the Jets, then the ball must be perfectly placed... WTF???
    What a crock of SH*T!

HOW many of those patented tipped balls happens to Sanchez? Huh? Why don't you answer that question, Nostra Damus?

Where there's smoke there's fire. Sanchez has had SO many balls that were inaccurately thrown to receivers. The receivers make an effort to catch those balls (split second reaction to a badly thrown ball. Understandable), and they inevidably get tipped up for a bunny interception by the defense.

Or maybe Sanchez just throws the ball into triple coverage and gets it intercepted? Like he's done so many times before.

You're a dingbat if you think anything otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    What a crock of SH*T!

HOW many of those patented tipped balls happens to Sanchez? Huh? Why don't you answer that question, Nostra Damus?

Where there's smoke there's fire. Sanchez has had SO many balls that were inaccurately thrown to receivers. The receivers make an effort to catch those balls (split second reaction to a badly thrown ball. Understandable), and they inevidably get tipped up for a bunny interception by the defense.

Or maybe Sanchez just throws the ball into triple coverage and gets it intercepted? Like he's done so many times before.

You're a dingbat if you think anything otherwise.
    Please keep posting so your lack of intelligence can be clearly seen by everyone.

Sanchez never threw the ball into any double, let alone triple, coverage last night. He made the right decisions with the ball, did he make a few bad throws? Yes he did. Were the 2 INT's all his fault. No they weren't.

I get it you hate Sanchez and are clueless when it comes to the game of football. It's something you can work on though so don't be too discouraged.

Nah Sanchez makes his share of stupid mistakes but I will defend him and any other player when they are getting crap for something that's not their fault.
    And who's fault was his duck to Cromartie? Cromartie had his man beat by two steps for a touchdown and Sanchez barely gives him a chance to make the catch. Brutal throw that cost the Jets points.

Was Sanchez completely awful and the sole reason why the Jets lost? No.
    Shonn Greene and David Harris were terrible again for example.

But with just slightly above average QB play the jets probably would have won despite their other flaws.

A good day for our top 5 pick in his 4th year is when he can't be blamed solely for a loss.

That pretty much says it all. The bar has been set incredibly low. 4 straight games of a completion percentage under 50%, multiple turnovers in scoring position, and leading the league in off-target throws is ridiculous.

Say what you want about the talent around him (it is bad) but even calling Sanchez mediocre at this point would be severely overrating him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    A good day for our top 5 pick in his 4th year is when he can't be blamed solely for a loss.
    Pretty much

Well said.

All Pro
    This is what I DON'T understand about using Tebow.

Why is he not on the field EVERY play? He can play fullback, and lead block for Greene/Powell/McKnight. But if he is on the field, he is a threat to get a hand off, he is a threat to switch under center, he is a threat for flea-flickers. There would be no issue with the rhythm of the game if he was in on every play.

It was a tipped pass not even close to being Sanchez's fault. If you watch the play Sanchez threw into the only lane there was. JJ Watt's flipper shoots out at the last second and tips it. Neither one of the interceptions were Sanchez's fault, but people act like he GD walked up and handed the ball to the other team.
    Isn't it the QB's job to throw the ball over the Defensive Lineman? Just saying.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Bench him

It's laughable to me that so many think that Tebow could be some sort of significant downgrade.

The two times that we've let Tebow throw the ball this year, he completed a 9 yarder to Epps and almost hit Jason Hill in the hands for a long TD last night if it wasn't for a great play by the Texans DB.

At least Tebow can make some plays with his legs, can actually throw a damn good deep ball, and doesn't go into the fetal position like a scared puss anytime a defender comes within arms reach of him.

We know at this point that Sanchez isn't the longterm answer, so why keep treading water and wasting time?

Let Tebow finish out the year then draft another QB in April.
    That pass from Tebow to Epps left Epps so exposed his season was ended. Terrible pass that lead Epps right into the defense. Sanchez is by no means a star, but Tebow is so much worse.

All League
    Id keep him starting and I would just have him chuck the ball all over the field. Fill the New York night with footballs. Maybe his accuracy will improve with a TON of practice. couldnt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    This is what I DON'T understand about using Tebow.

Why is he not on the field EVERY play? He can play fullback, and lead block for Greene/Powell/McKnight. But if he is on the field, he is a threat to get a hand off, he is a threat to switch under center, he is a threat for flea-flickers. There would be no issue with the rhythm of the game if he was in on every play.
    Agreed.

All League
    The way I see it, Sanchez leaves a lot to be desired, but he's the best the Jets have. McElroy is O'Connell part 2. I don't even want to hear his name come up he sucks so much. Tebow is a joke.

Sanchez has a lot he needs to answer for, but the coaches and GM have far outdone Sanchez in terms of dropping the ball. Sanchez has made his share of mistakes. Bad WRs or not, he has over and under thrown wide open receivers. That's on him.

To me, that's where it ends for Sanchez. The rest of this mess is on the front office and coaches. They have sent every experienced WR packing except for Holmes. There is no consistency and no depth. The only WR worth talking about right now is Kerley, who has played great. He makes big plays nearly every week. Too bad he's all there is. After Kerley, it's a never was in Schilenz, a project in S. Hill, another no name with the other Hill, and then the scrub from Miami. WTF????? They should have cut him and kept Patrick Turner. Not that Turner's anything great, but at least he can do something. That Miami scrub is the worst player on the team.

All League
    What does starting Tebow accomplish?

I'd rather keep starting Sanchez and hope for a miracle that he turns it around and becomes a good QB rather than give the side show, left handed fullback a shot.

Ive given up on Mark really but starting Tebow really serves little purpose

I think the only option at this point is to let him go for the rest of the season. You invested a boatload of money in him i dont think its worth it to bench him at this point especially when there really isnt another viable option to go with. If we put tebow in when hes a worth passer than sanchez we will all be killing tebow in 2 weeks and mcelroy simply is not ready to take on such a challenge

Schluberator & Gadfly
    All I know is my poor misguided daughter had become a Jets fan and now she's catchin' crap at school.

DO SOMETHING TANNY!

Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    All I know is my poor misguided daughter had become a Jets fan and now she's catchin' crap at school.

DO SOMETHING TANNY!
    Not his call anymore, Ches. Tanny is busy re-doing his resume.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Not his call anymore, Ches. Tanny is busy re-doing his resume.
    Ah yes, been there, done that!