View Poll Results: If you were Head Coach, what would YOU do with Mark Sanchez now?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Him for the Rest of the Season, Period.

50 32.26%
  • Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

45 29.03%
  • Start him ONE more game, sink or swim. Replace if we lose or he plays badly.

16 10.32%
  • Bench Him, Start Tebow Going Forward (McElroy if Tebow Fails)

21 13.55%
  • Bench Him, Start McElroy Goign Forward (Tebow if McElroy Fails)

23 14.84%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: What Would YOU Do With Mark Sanchez Now?

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of this guy. That drop was brutal. One of the worst miscues by a Jets receiver I've ever seen. Anyone who blames Sanchez for that play because it was only a decent pass and not 1000% accurate has their head in Skip Bayless's crotch.
    This post is 1000% accurate...

Cumby almost cost us the Fins game by running his route to GD deep on the pick in the EZ too. If he runs the correct route it's an easy TD to Hill, if he catches the ball that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    This post is 1000% accurate...

Cumby almost cost us the Fins game by running his route to GD deep on the pick in the EZ too. If he runs the correct route it's an easy TD to Hill, if he catches the ball that is.
    Cumberland sucks. This idea that he's somehow a better option than Kellen Winslow or Plaxico Burress is mind boggling.

Can't block. Can't catch. The new Doug Jolley.

I'm so sick and tired of this guy. That drop was brutal. One of the worst miscues by a Jets receiver I've ever seen. Anyone who blames Sanchez for that play because it was only a decent pass and not 1000% accurate has their head in Skip Bayless's crotch.
    Ya know, you say an awful lot of stupid **** around here, but now you've gone off and hit the crack pipe or something.

That was hardly one of the worst miscues by a Jets receiver and in fact, it was a crappy pass by Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ya know, you say an awful lot of stupid **** around here, but now you've gone off and hit the crack pipe or something.

That was hardly one of the worst miscues by a Jets receiver and in fact, it was a crappy pass by Sanchez.
    Skip, is that you?

Maybe the Jets will start your girlfriend Tebow next week and he'll finally get to vindicate all your asinine statements over the years! BTW, you shouldn't cuss it's against the bible.

You're right it wasn't the worst miscue made by a Jets receiver, but that goes to show you how absolutely lousy the Jets receivers actually are. So now it's down to receivers getting hit in the hands and dropping the ball is somehow Sanchez's fault. A true NFL caliber TE makes that catch on a routine basis. You think Tony Gonzalez drops that ball? I don't F'ing think so pal, he makes the catch and the O keeps on going.

Is Sanchez now supposed to run out of the pocket and hand the GD ball to Cumberland to make sure he doesn't drop it?

Skip, is that you?

Maybe the Jets will start your girlfriend Tebow next week and he'll finally get to vindicate all your asinine statements over the years! BTW, you shouldn't cuss it's against the bible.

Like I give a **** about the bible ?? I'm a deist you dolt. Try posting less so that you don't lower the collective IQ of people reading your drivel.

You're right it wasn't the worst miscue made by a Jets receiver, but that goes to show you how absolutely lousy the Jets receivers actually are. So now it's down to receivers getting hit in the hands and dropping the ball is somehow Sanchez's fault. A true NFL caliber TE makes that catch on a routine basis. You think Tony Gonzalez drops that ball? I don't F'ing think so pal, he makes the catch and the O keeps on going.

Is Sanchez now supposed to run out of the pocket and hand the GD ball to Cumberland to make sure he doesn't drop it?
    Tony Gonzalez is probably the best TE in the history of the game. That's like saying that since Jerry Rice caught a certain ball, that means every "NFL WR" should catch it as well.

There's a number of reasons why Gonzalez and Rice are the very best at their positions, and that they could catch damned near anything in a 10 yard radius of them is part of it.

Tony Gonzalez is probably the best TE in the history of the game. That's like saying that since Jerry Rice caught a certain ball, that means every "NFL WR" should catch it as well.

There's a number of reasons why Gonzalez and Rice are the very best at their positions, and that they could catch damned near anything in a 10 yard radius of them is part of it.
    What I'm actually saying is that you honestly believe that it's OK for an NFL TE to drop passes that hit them in the hands. That's literally how bad the Jets receiving corp is, that you now think that it's the QB's fault that a receiver drops the ball when it hits him in the hands.

What I'm actually saying is that you honestly believe that it's OK for an NFL TE to drop passes that hit them in the hands. That's literally how bad the Jets receiving corp is, that you now think that it's the QB's fault that a receiver drops the ball when it hits him in the hands.
    What I'm saying is that it was a difficult catch for most TEs in the league, and while I really wish Cumberland would have caught it, I understand that it was difficult and I'm not going to beat him up over it.

I also believe that Mark Sanchez is as culpable, if not more so because it was a bad pass. Not a terrible, completely uncatchable pass, as some of his have been this year, but still, a bad pass.

If the pass had been 4-6 inches lower, or better yet, a lower and in front of Cumberland, then I'd have no problem with saying how terrible a miss it was by Cumberland and that he definitely should have caught the ball.

BTW, as I said, it's absolutely wrong to believe that just because a receiver gets his hands on the ball, that it means he should make that catch 100% of the time. It's a fallacy. A wive's tale. A general statement that actually isn't true.

The Cumberland play is way over-analyzed. Even if he caught it, Sanchez still had to convert the 4th down plus go another what....40+ yards to get a TD. There were no signs he was going to do that. The game was lost way before then. If it was 14-10 or 14-14 at half (like it should have been), I think we wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

What I'm saying is that it was a difficult catch for most TEs in the league, and while I really wish Cumberland would have caught it, I understand that it was difficult and I'm not going to beat him up over it.

I also believe that Mark Sanchez is as culpable, if not more so because it was a bad pass. Not a terrible, completely uncatchable pass, as some of his have been this year, but still, a bad pass.

If the pass had been 4-6 inches lower, or better yet, a lower and in front of Cumberland, then I'd have no problem with saying how terrible a miss it was by Cumberland and that he definitely should have caught the ball.

BTW, as I said, it's absolutely wrong to believe that just because a receiver gets his hands on the ball, that it means he should make that catch 100% of the time. It's a fallacy. A wive's tale. A general statement that actually isn't true.
    It's absolutely not a fallacy. If an NFL receiver gets 2 hands on the ball they are expected to make the catch. I wasn't even trying to say it was a perfect throw at all, but an NFL level receiver needs to make that catch 100% of the time in that situation. He barely left the ground and it hit both of his hands, Cumberland needs to make that catch 10/10 times...

Veteran
    It's absolutely not a fallacy. If an NFL receiver gets 2 hands on the ball they are expected to make the catch. I wasn't even trying to say it was a perfect throw at all, but an NFL level receiver needs to make that catch 100% of the time in that situation. He barely left the ground and it hit both of his hands, Cumberland needs to make that catch 10/10 times...
    Acting like that pass required some sort of circus catch to be complete is crazy. Cumberland jumped really late,if he jumped earlier and got the ball at the highest point he probably could have kept running for the first down. 100% that needs to be a catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    Acting like that pass required some sort of circus catch to be complete is crazy. Cumberland jumped really late,if he jumped earlier and got the ball at the highest point he probably could have kept running for the first down. 100% that needs to be a catch.
    but it was horribly inaccurate according to tebow fans. oh the irony

Veteran
    I watched that play at least ten times in slo-mo and there wasn't a need for him to jump whatsoever. The ball came in helmet high, should have been caught and that's that. No circus catch needed is 100% correct.

First of all, Cumberland didn't get two HANDS on the ball, he got finger tips on the ball.

Secondly, again, it's a misnomer that NFL WRs are supposed to catch any ball that they get two hands on. It's just quite simply untrue. You'd LIKE for them to. You HOPE that they would, but it's just not going to happen.

Have to ask, have you really watched the video? "If he had jumped earlier...." What ? Like he was just standing around waiting for the ball ? He was in motion. He ran down, made his cut coming back up field and jumped to catch the ball. When he could jump is a function of his stride, as it's kind of hard to jump when your don't have a foot on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    I watched that play at least ten times in slo-mo and there wasn't a need for him to jump whatsoever. The ball came in helmet high, should have been caught and that's that. No circus catch needed is 100% correct.
    You are absolutely wrong on that one.

You honestly want to say that the ball is "helmet high" here ?

Now, if someone wants to make the argument that Sanchez was throwing to a spot, and that Cumberland was out of place, i.e. should have been another step down the field, or should have broke towards the sideline instead of coming back to the ball, that's a different argument.

But, with where Cumberland was and the direction he was going, the ball was high and off his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    This horse **** apologist stuff needs to stop. The kid has no help but he doesn't help himself out either. That was a horrible pass clearly way too high to a JAG hence the INT.

Despite the lack of playmakers on offense Sanchez had opportunities to make a play last night and dropped the ball both figuratively and literally. The worst pass of the night IMO was the sideline longball to Cro. Cro had his man beat by a good 4 yards and Sanchez throws it out of bounds. Ridiculous.

The kid is no good but I don't blame him, I blame the Jets. This organization destroyed any promise Sanchez once had.
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 10-10-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Veteran
    You are absolutely wrong on that one.

You honestly want to say that the ball is "helmet high" here ?
    I dunno. Maybe. It looks different on tape, I guess. Still should have been caught though.

Quote Originally Posted by nyctomjetsfan View Post
    This horse **** apologist stuff needs to stop. The kid has no help but he doesn't help himself out either. That was a horrible pass clearly way too high to a JAG hence the INT.

Despite the lack of playmakers on offense Sanchez had opportunities to make a play last night and dropped the ball both figuratively and literally. The worst pass of the night IMO was the sideline longball to Cro. Cro had his man beat by a good 4 yards and Sanchez throws it out of bounds. Ridiculous.

The kid is no good but I don't blame him, I blame the Jets. This organization destroyed any promise Sanchez once had.
    This is a good point. Sanchez has a fragile personality, but the organization knew this already. Its going to be interesting to see how the next few weeks play out. If the Jets lose to Indy, it may be Tebow time in New England. If the Jets beat Indy, Sanchez will go into the New England game with another chance to save his Jets career b/c if he wins that game the Jets are back in first, 3-0 in division. Its funny how this game works.