View Poll Results: If you were Head Coach, what would YOU do with Mark Sanchez now?

Voters
155. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start Him for the Rest of the Season, Period.

50 32.26%
  • Start Him for another few games (2+ at least) see how he does. Replace only if horrible.

45 29.03%
  • Start him ONE more game, sink or swim. Replace if we lose or he plays badly.

16 10.32%
  • Bench Him, Start Tebow Going Forward (McElroy if Tebow Fails)

21 13.55%
  • Bench Him, Start McElroy Goign Forward (Tebow if McElroy Fails)

23 14.84%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Would YOU Do With Mark Sanchez Now?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by w0mbat View Post
    And who's fault was his duck to Cromartie? Cromartie had his man beat by two steps for a touchdown and Sanchez barely gives him a chance to make the catch. Brutal throw that cost the Jets points.

Was Sanchez completely awful and the sole reason why the Jets lost? No.
    Shonn Greene and David Harris were terrible again for example.

But with just slightly above average QB play the jets probably would have won despite their other flaws.

A good day for our top 5 pick in his 4th year is when he can't be blamed solely for a loss.

That pretty much says it all. The bar has been set incredibly low. 4 straight games of a completion percentage under 50%, multiple turnovers in scoring position, and leading the league in off-target throws is ridiculous.

Say what you want about the talent around him (it is bad) but even calling Sanchez mediocre at this point would be severely overrating him.
    I never said that was a great throw to Cro, but guess what, an NFL receiver still should catch that ball with his feet in bounds. Unfortunately Sanchez was throwing to an F'ing DB because WE HAVE 3RD STRING AND PRACTICE SQUAD WR'S STARTING!!!!!!!!

Mario Manningham made the exact same catch on the opposite side of the field with 2 dbs drapped over him in the Super Bowl....

Off target throws are also a loaded stat when you're working with receivers that are not running the routes that the QB expects them to be running. Is that the reason why all of his off-target throws are missing? No, but it is a contributing factor.

The real problem I see goes farther than just the "Sanchez Sucks!!!!" narrative that many are pushing on this site and in the press in general. Nothing is taken into consideration except there was an incomplete pass or an INT.

Sanchez is not an elite QB or a HOF QB like Brady so expecting him to thrive with 3rd stringers and practice squad players inserted into starting WR roles, and a 31st ranked running game is GD ludicrous

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    So Sanchez is responsible for tipped balls and dropped passes now? Unbelievable.
    when he throws it very high and receivers have to jump to get near the ball so the answer is YES.

Klecko said any DE can read Sanchez' eyes and knw wherehe is going to throw the ball. he still locks on to a receiver! It resulted in 3 tipped passes last night!

His accuracy sucks and causes receivers to wind up in awarkward positions and in danger of getting creamed! Just sayin"...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    I never said that was a great throw to Cro, but guess what, an NFL receiver still should catch that ball with his feet in bounds. Unfortunately Sanchez was throwing to an F'ing DB because WE HAVE 3RD STRING AND PRACTICE SQUAD WR'S STARTING!!!!!!!!

Mario Manningham made the exact same catch on the opposite side of the field with 2 dbs drapped over him in the Super Bowl....

Off target throws are also a loaded stat when you're working with receivers that are not running the routes that the QB expects them to be running. Is that the reason why all of his off-target throws are missing? No, but it is a contributing factor.

The real problem I see goes farther than just the "Sanchez Sucks!!!!" narrative that many are pushing on this site and in the press in general. Nothing is taken into consideration except there was an incomplete pass or an INT.

Sanchez is not an elite QB or a HOF QB like Brady so expecting him to thrive with 3rd stringers and practice squad players inserted into starting WR roles, and a 31st ranked running game is GD ludicrous
    The only thing that you said correctly is that sanchez is not an elite QB. I will go you one better! At this time he is a quality backup!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    The only thing that you said correctly is that sanchez is not an elite QB. I will go you one better! At this time he is a quality backup!
    If that's all you think is correct you're not watching objectively or you simply know nothing about how football games work. Strictly judging by your posts, I'd say it's the latter.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I voted B, just because I think he should get one last shot with a healthy Keller and Hill. Plus, I want the team to know that they gave him every chance to right the ship before he hits the pine for the rest of his career.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

All Mark Sanchez needs to be successful is a top-5 running game, an elite pass blocking OL, two #1 receivers, a beast at TE, a top-5 defense, and Bill Walsh on the sideline.

We should be more patient.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    All Mark Sanchez needs to be successful is a top-5 running game, an elite pass blocking OL, two #1 receivers, a beast at TE, a top-5 defense, and Bill Walsh on the sideline.

ROFLMAO...you are being sarcastic right?

What QB wouldn't be successful with that?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post

Thought the Bill Walsh reference would have given it away.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    play him until the Jets are done (3-6, 4-7 or so)

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought the Bill Walsh reference would have given it away.
    Just checking. With all the Sanchez apologists going on I was getting shell shocked.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not even close to what I said is it?

Think he might be a little better with at least real #1, #2, #3 NFL receivers and a starting caliber TE instead of 3rd string and practice squad receivers?

How about even just a middle of the pack running game?

Right now the Jets are #31 in rushing I think. 69 yards rushing last night total is more pathetic than what Sanchez did. Think if we could get into 2nd and short or 3rd and short routinely instead of 2nd and 10/ 3rd and 10 it might be easier sledding?

Did he put up 34 points the last time he had real starters playing on offense with him? Yeah he did...
    Last edited by Manchez; 10-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bench Sanchez and give McElroy a shot.

There is nothing Sanchez is going to show us that we haven't already seen in the past 3+ years. He's not good enough, and it's time to move on.

I want nothing to do with Tebow. I prefer a traditional NFL offense, not an offense designed around a player who belongs in a totally different era of football.

McElroy is most likely a JAG with a weak arm. We need to evaluate whether or not he can be the long term back up here, and who knows, if he comes in and surprises people, he'll be good trade bait during our inevitable rebuild.
    Last edited by parafly; 10-09-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    what does JAG mean?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    what does JAG mean?
    Just Another Guy or Just an Average Guy

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post

Rick Mirer

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Sanchez and Tebow are JAGs. Give McElroy a shot to see if he has any skills at all. If he doesn't, then boot all three out the door at season's end. Enough of these wankers.
    That's exactly how it should be played. McElroy for the rest of the season; maybe we'll get a little Chad Jr. action out of him. Tebow was a luxury trade. Hey maybe we'd have a faster LB if we hit on the #4 pick burned to acquire him?

The Jets first 2 QBs on their depth chart probably have the worst accuracy of any pro QBs in history. I knew it would all collapse if the D slipped a notch. In fact on the final drive last night with 3 + minutes remaining I found myself in a strange, almost bored, even relaxed mood as I told myself that a snowball had a better chance in hell than the Jets have of Sanchez leading a winning drive.

I've been watching the Jets since I was a little kid in 1972, and I think this is the first time I wasn't amped up to watch a Final Drive. Jet management has ruined football for me again with their business tilted rather than football decisions.

I wanted Sanchez to be great, but if not for a FG kicker in Miami he is 1-7 in his last 8 games along with being the lowest rated passer in the league, he should be out, seen enough. Thank you, Tannenbaum...what is he handing you half his salary under the table next year?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start Tebow at RB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not even close to what I said is it?

Think he might be a little better with at least real #1, #2, #3 NFL receivers and a starting caliber TE instead of 3rd string and practice squad receivers?

How about even just a middle of the pack running game?

Right now the Jets are #31 in rushing I think. 69 yards rushing last night total is more pathetic than what Sanchez did. Think if we could get into 2nd and short or 3rd and short routinely instead of 2nd and 10/ 3rd and 10 it might be easier sledding?

Did he put up 34 points the last time he had real starters playing on offense with him? Yeah he did...
    I guess I just don't see how an improved running attack helps Sanchez hit Santonio Holmes wide open in the end zone against the Steelers. Or how an improved running game helps him throw a better pass to a wide open Schilens in the Dolphins game. Or how the running game impacts his inability to hit a wide open Cromartie last night.

He can not be counted on to throw an accurate pass when a receiver is wide open. In what world is that acceptable for an NFL QB?

Yes, the talent on this team sucks. But I'm not evaluating Sanchez on his ability to find somebody open when he's got benchwarmers running routes. I'm evaluating him on his ability to throw the ball from A to B when a receiver is open. And he does not do that well.

Cumberland should have caught the ball last night that ended up in an interception. But is there a reason why that ball couldn't hit him in the chest? You know, where it's easier to catch and can't be tipped up in the air?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    what does JAG mean?
    "Shonn Greene"

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    "Shonn Greene"
    Boy ain't that the truth. Talk about a flash in the pan. Geez.